Something i've noticed about drivers now

mb23100

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I used to get mad at people driving too fast but I rarely see it anymore. You never see people pulled over for speeding around here either, although that may be lack of cops. Now it's always some asshole doing 25 in a 45. It's everywhere. Anyone else notice this? I'm not a fast driver I do the speed limit or maybe 5 over.

I don't think it's me. There is something to this. Is everyone just loaded up on anxiety meds nowadays? I really thing it may be drug related.

People still speed. That's not one of those things that will ever go away.

The only variable I can think of is more access to things like police alerts on Waze or radars that will give people the heads up.

Everyone here drives 15 over at least. Cops don't do anything. Tailgating and dumb driving is the real scourge you can drive 80 and be responsible if that's the general speed but people have no brains and are too aggressive.

I just saw two cars zipping by going 100's of miles per hour a few days ago. They just barely squeezed by two cars in front of me. Surprised I didn't see them wreck a couple miles down the interstate.

Try taking a leisurely Sunday drive down my street and see what happens, you'll change your mind quick
Maniacs everywhere!!

I used to get mad at people driving too fast but I rarely see it anymore. You never see people pulled over for speeding around here either, although that may be lack of cops. Now it's always some asshole doing 25 in a 45. It's everywhere. Anyone else notice this? I'm not a fast driver I do the speed limit or maybe 5 over.

I don't think it's me. There is something to this. Is everyone just loaded up on anxiety meds nowadays? I really thing it may be drug related.

I agree drivers are different now in a worse way. Around me they all fit one of several categories.

Driving 10 under.

Driving by traffic like it's even moving doing 100.

Swerving in and out lanes

Tard merger...makes no effort to merge

People not speeding anymore? Literally happened last night.

not in my town. I know that if i drive in rural areas, i actually have gotten screamed at for going 15 on a dirt road. Not being from there, I can only guess that I was going too fast. but no, if anything, in my town people are driving as crazy as ever. I can't make sense out of it because I know they ain't all drunk or high. I do know we've had many cases where immigrants were driving like maniacs and have killed people going through residential areas going 50 or just recently, a chinese woman crashed on a highway, killed her passenger and fled to china. They have video of it and it just makes no sense why she would be driving like that, there wasn't any traffic, middle of the night so she wasn't late going anywhere, the video is terrifying, I don't know how she survived but she flew the coop before she could be brought to justice.

Declining testosterone levels in society.
ya, but women are the most irresponsible drivers even if they don't speed. I see them with a phone in one hand and driving with the other at least twice the rate of men but men do that too. It's against the law but the law isn't enforced. It think I've only once seen a cop using his bullhorn to tell a driver to get off the phone.

Biggest problem is idiots texting while driving.
big time, but your dealing with a population who couldn't be told to sit down and shuttup because lives depend on it, you think they'll stop playing with their little gadget? And they are too irresponisble to get a mount where they don't have to hold it in their hands to talk. We're a coddled population and people have to die because of that. A couple was wrecked into about 3 mos ago here, just walking down the street, the driver was texting. Today, a driver ran right into a city bus which caused it to jump the curb and kill a woman. No word yet on whether this idiot was texting or what but if he can't see a bus in front of him maybe he shouldn't be driving.

People still speed. That's not one of those things that will ever go away.

The only variable I can think of is more access to things like police alerts on Waze or radars that will give people the heads up.
in our town we have the red light cameras or the school cameras that ticket you a couple hundred a pop if you are so much as one mile above the 20 mile limit or if you didn't completely stop at a red light. They aren't everywhere and they can catch you by surprise if you don't know where they are. No one completely stops at ever red light before they make a right. Fortunately, the tickets are easy to weasel out of.

I'd guess perhaps young people having less access to fast cars maybe an issue? insureance rates of "hot hatch" kind of cars went up so much in the UK anyway that they became out of reach plus simple ability to buy and run a car for young people has diminished.

At the opposite end I would say an aging population is most likely the issues, a high percentage of people who drive way under the speed limit in my experience are old.

Back