Soto v Tanaka Should've been a draw

Electabuzz

Street Fighter
@Blue
Reaction score
Had it scored R1 10-9 tanaka R2 10-9 Tanaka R3 10-8 Soto. What y'all think should we have seen a
draw? And should we be seeing more of em in MMA?

That was a robbery. I dont even like either fighter.

Debatable, there are rarely any "Should haves" when a 10-8 round has to be involved. That means you're scratching. That means all 3 judges must independantly agree that it is a draw, rating it the same way.

I had round 1 for Soto but it was very close. Didnt think Soto earned a 10-8 in the third (probably would if he had more time, but thats what rounds are for.) So 29-28 Soto for me but again very close fight with a clear 2nd for Tanaka and clear 3rd for Soto.

Soto won; 1 and 3. This current scoring system of getting a takedown, doing nothing, almost getting submitted and then the judges awarding the round to the guy that dry humped, stalled and almost tapped is sadly pathetic.

Also, beware: Sherdog loves Asian fighters so you will get no objectivity here. Heck, some thought Rin won after getting REKT by Meisha.

lol no. They miraculously scored it correct. Tanaka clearly had the first 2 rounds, and nothing happened in the 3rd that warranted anything other than 10-9. Tanaka was taking alot of shots, but he was also defending alot and throwing his own offense.

i know you are used to the japanese fighter getting the shaft, but that was the correct score.

Soto won; 2 and 3. This current scoring system of getting a takedown, doing nothing, almost getting submitted and then the judges awarding the round to the guy that dry humped, stalled and almost tapped is sadly pathetic.

Michi had 21 significant strikes to 7 in that round so i wouldnt pick round 2. I had round 2 as Michi.

Overall, Michi had 5 minutes of control on Soto, soto had 13 seconds.

That counts for something

I was impressed by both fighters, Tanaka looked so happy with the win though :)

Had it scored R1 10-9 tanaka R2 10-9 Tanaka R3 10-8 Soto. What y'all think should we have seen a
draw? And should we be seeing more of em in MMA?

My favourite Pokemon man,

Michi had 21 significant strikes to 7 in that round so i wouldnt pick round 2. I had round 2 as Michi.

Overall, Michi had 5 minutes of control on Soto, soto had 13 seconds.

That counts for something
Being on top doesnt = control, give it up.

Also, beware: Sherdog loves Asian fighters so you will get no objectivity here. Heck, some thought Rin won after getting REKT by Meisha.
That's retarded . Sherdog is just a bunch of MMA fans, there's no consensus, ever... and you can say "Sherdog hates Asian fighters" and you'd be just as correct.

Also, beware: You are part of what makes up Sherdog.

It doesn't matter what your opinion is, I also agree that being trapped in a gogoplata attempt shouldnt count as control, but the UFC has uniformed rules for what is and what isnt, and following their rules he does.

http://www.ufc.com/event/UFC195?id=
http://www.ufc.ca/discover/sport/rules-and-regulations#14

Effective grappling is judged by considering the amount of successful executions of a legal takedown and reversals. Examples of factors to consider are take downs from standing position to mount position, passing the guard to mount position, and bottom position fighters using an active threatening guard.

Fighting area control is judged by determining who is dictating the pace, location and position of the bout. Examples of factors to consider are countering a grappler's attempt at takedown by remaining standing and legally striking, taking down an opponent to force a ground fight, creating threatening submission attempts, passing the guard to achieve mount, and creating striking opportunities.
Being trapped in a submission is both effective grappling and controlling the fight on the UFCs own website.

lol no. They miraculously scored it correct. Tanaka clearly had the first 2 rounds, and nothing happened in the 3rd that warranted anything other than 10-9. Tanaka was taking alot of shots, but he was also defending alot and throwing his own offense.

i know you are used to the japanese fighter getting the shaft, but that was the correct score.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-02-20-44-31.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-02-20-44-31.png
    251.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_2016-01-02-20-44-37.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-02-20-44-37.png
    253.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_2016-01-02-20-44-41.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-02-20-44-41.png
    251.7 KB · Views: 3
It's always hard to get 3 judges to award a 10-8.

TS, Thanks for not writing "should of". I will like your post just for that.

It doesn't matter what your opinion is, I also agree that being trapped in a gogoplata attempt shouldnt count as control, but the UFC has uniformed rules for what is and what isnt, and following their rules he does.

http://www.ufc.com/event/UFC195?id=
The UFC doesnt make or write the rules champ, the commissions do. Because fight matrix says 5 minutes of control doesnt mean control in the actual judging criteria.

that's if the judges gave him 10/8 round 3 which they didn't so they scored it right split

Almost identical situation to Akiyama's last fight, it's starting to get frustrating

Back