Sour Ending For Erceg.

markantony20

Cesar was never my friend.
@Brown
Reaction score
Steve had a good performance in my humble totally not biased opinion.

However the narrative around the fight and more specifically his performance will end up being the decision to shoot at the end.

Erceg is actually a pretty decent grappler, however Pantoja is just that much better and it wasn’t a good idea to shoot on him.

I still personally think Steve has a high ceiling and that his striking is incredibly clean but only time will tell if he can reach championship status.

Regardless WAR MICHAEL SCOTT!

ERCEG_STEVEN_L_11-11.png

open-uri20160811-32147-1dm69u9_4c7a4236.jpeg

Stock goes up from this fight, despite the loss. His striking looked great and he was able to repeatedly fight off Pantoja's grappling which other fighters in the division haven't been able to to the same effect.

Bad decisions cost him the fight but he'll be back.

Yea, he very much threw that fight away in the 5th. I had it 2-2, as did many others it seems, and he seemed the fresher guy coming into the 5th. Then takedowns...
Idk what he was thinking. Possibly that he needed to mix it up to look good to the judges but that backfired.

That's legit how he looked during his interview. Someone gotta make a shoop thread for that.

Aside from that, I left very impressed with Erceg, and he represented himself and his skill level very well. I feel for the guy, but he's going to get another chance. He's high level and enormous for that weight class, he will succeed.

Stock goes up from this fight, despite the loss. His striking looked great and he was able to repeatedly fight off Pantoja's grappling which other fighters in the division haven't been able to to the same effect.

Bad decisions cost him the fight but he'll be back.
I agree his standup is formidable and he’s a good grappler to defend against such a high level grappler like Pantoja.

Had he nit gone for TD with 2 min left he likely is champion niw.. he knows how stupid that was n how close he was. His corner did him no favors either. He's going to be good just gotta learn

Had he nit gone for TD with 2 min left he likely is champion niw.. he knows how stupid that was n how close he was. His corner did him no favors either. He's going to be good just gotta learn
Yeah that’s gonna weigh heavy on him but I hope he can grow from it.

His face lived up to his fight IQ.. that's probably the worst showing of low fight IQ I've ever watched.

Close fight, outwresled most of the fight but winning the striking battle.. Yeah let's go for a fucking TD..

His face lived up to his fight IQ.. that's probably the worst showing of low fight IQ I've ever watched.

Close fight, outwresled most of the fight but winning the striking battle.. Yeah let's go for a fucking TD..
Bro is just channeling Chael

If Erceg won the fifth, it would've been a majority draw.

Just shows how much a persons physical attributes like having a good chin, gas tank etc play into their success, if guys like Pantoja, Holloway and Vettori had normal chins they would’ve been slept 5 or 6 times.

I think Erceg deserved the win here because he caused the most damage and showed himself to be the better overall fighter, Pantoja had hardly any moments of significance in that fight apart from Control time. it’s a shame the judges of these fights cant be consistent with the criteria they use to determine the winner.

Lol his corner said all the right things.. Dude is just dumb as rocks. His corner was honest with him about losing rounds and told him what he had to do.

They didn't tell him to go for a takedown when he's winning the stand up against an opponent that had outwresled him all fight

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
celticfrost
Back