Crime South Korean undergrad charged by Boston DA for bullying her boyfriend into committing suicide.

It's a personal decision. Nobody is responsible for a suicide, except the individual who off'd themselves. Of course there are outside factors, but none of them should add up to a charge saying anyone criminally responsible for a suicide.

Say somebody is bullying a depressed person online and that person kills themselves, but the bully never used the exact words "kill yourself" or allude to suicide in any way. Are their hands clean, or do we hold them responsible too?

I never pictured you as a nanny state supporter.

I'm not a nanny state supporter. Women have thousands of resources across the country to "save them" when they are in an abusive (they include emotional, bro, and a mean LOOK can get a guy in trouble) relationships, and guys have basically ZERO. It's a disgusting double standard because women try to assert innapropriate dominance in relationships and act abusive literally as often, or more, than men.

It's a personal decision. Nobody is responsible for a suicide, except the individual who off'd themselves. Of course there are outside factors, but none of them should add up to a charge saying anyone criminally responsible for a suicide.

Say somebody is bullying a depressed person online and that person kills themselves, but the bully never used the exact words "kill yourself" or allude to suicide in any way. Are their hands clean, or do we hold them responsible too?

I never pictured you as a nanny state supporter.

And people online have no personal relationship; no fiduciary like duty of any kind. I do not think this should extend to strangers, or even acquaintances online.

A girl from Massachusetts a few years ago encouraged her depressed, suicidal boyfriend to kill himself. After his death she played the part of victim and even set up a fundraiser for suicide awareness in his honor and a bunch of other sick shit. Eventually the texts came out and she was charged. She was convicted then appealed the sentence to the Mass Supreme Court which upheld it and now the case is being sent to the SCOTUS.

Even by WR standards telling someone to off themselves 47,000 times is a bit much.
SAVE US, SCROTUS!

Not criminal between adults, though. Especially not over the phone, when all someone has to do to put an end to it, is put down the phone.

The courts can, and have, disagreed with you many many many times. Emotional abuse via phone or in person is all the same.

I'm not a nanny state supporter. Women have thousands of resources across the country to "save them" when they are in an abusive (they include emotional, bro, and a mean LOOK can get a guy in trouble) relationships, and guys have basically ZERO. It's a disgusting double standard because women try to assert innapropriate dominance in relationships and act abusive literally as often, or more, than men.

It's not a double standard. Men are just wired differently. There's nothing stopping a man from going to therapy if they feel they are emotionally coming apart due to a relationship, or filing assault charges if their girlfriend physically abuses them. They just don't in most cases, because well, they're men.

You can't have it both ways. You can't claim the world is trying to feminize men(which I believe you've claimed a bunch), but also want men to be treated like women by society.

It's not a double standard. Men are just wired differently. There's nothing stopping a man from going to therapy if they feel they are emotionally coming apart due to a relationship, or filing assault charges if their girlfriend physically abuses them. They just don't in most cases, because well, they're men.

You can't have it both ways. You can't claim the world is trying to feminize men(which I believe you've claimed a bunch), but also want men to be treated like women by society.
We are just going to have to agree to disagree. Women keep getting it both ways, and I really don't think that's what I'm asking for. Women have fairly drastic advantages in relationships right now, and it's leading to a more crappy culture, and even women themselves don't appreciate it.

At least we can disagree. I voted Trump, and you voted Trump. I don't think you could find a case where two trump-haters in this forum ever fully disagreed and left it at that. We aren't required to partake in group-think, and that's a good sign.

We are just going to have to agree to disagree. Women keep getting it both ways, and I really don't think that's what I'm asking for. Women have fairly drastic advantages in relationships right now, and it's leading to a more crappy culture, and even women themselves don't appreciate it.

Most posts I've seen of you involve grumbling about women. If everywhere you look you see women being the issue, over and over again, it's most likely you who has the problem - not the outside world.

What does that have to do with the criminality factor? It's not criminal to be an asshole in a toxic relationship, unless you do something criminal like physically abuse them, or threaten their lives. Other than that, words are words.

THIS TIMES 10000000000000000. Unbelievable these cases aren't immediately thrown out of court. Just another example of how shitty America is becoming.

The courts can, and have, disagreed with you many many many times. Emotional abuse via phone or in person is all the same.

It's general harassment, which would need to involve an official complaint for it to be considered as such. That's beside the point though. The argument is should we be creating "Hannibal Lecter" laws where it states people are powerful enough to mind control someone over the phone to kill themselves, and you should be held criminally responsible for abusing these super powers.

It's ridiculous. Nobody is responsible for a suicide, other then the person committing suicide. Sure, people can be shitty and life sucks sometimes, but if you decide to end it all, it's your decision and your decision alone. The only way I'd lend some sort of criminal liability, is if somebody killed themselves over the threat of physical violence from another. Anything less than that? Pssssh, ridiculous and a big step in a very dangerous direction for the courts and the public.

Why didn't he block her? Holy shit.
I'm guessing they had an abusive relationship dynamic. It's like asking a battered woman why they didn't leave their husband.

75,000 texts exchanged in 2 months. Lmao, if you exclude 8 hours of sleep every day that means they exchanged 78 texts per hour, for 60 days straight.
Most messages were sent by the girlfriend.

Most posts I've seen of you involve grumbling about women. If everywhere you look you see women being the issue, over and over again, it's most likely you who has the problem - not the outside world.

I tell the truth. I would have been an equal rights advocate at any time in the last 150 years, and based on the reality of the time, what I said would have been a lot different.

It's ridiculous. Nobody is responsible for a suicide, other then the person committing suicide. Sure, people can be shitty and life sucks sometimes, but if you decide to end it all, it's your decision and your decision alone. The only way I'd lend some sort of criminal liability, is if somebody killed themselves over the threat of physical violence from another. Anything less than that? Pssssh, ridiculous and a big step in a very dangerous direction for the courts and the public.

what's next? If I tell my neighbor to go fuck himself and he goes home and shoves a 2 litre bottle of pepsi up his asshole, am I responsible for the damage to his anus since I said, Go fuck yourself????

possibly the only crime committed is harassment. But even that is BS. With no reports filed on the excessive text messages, who are we to say the guy didn't enjoy the 80 text a hour from his gf???

There’s a place for people like this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back