Star Wars 2026. Brace your self.

Almost everyone who died in the original trilogy was a straight, white man. I think they definitely need to show more violence towards queer women of colour in the new films.

Holy shit! Thank you for that, I honestly LOL'd. I thankfully just downed a sip of coffee or it would have ended up on my computer.

Moved to the War Room? What a joke. And the same mod that moved it probably denies that movies have become more political these days and gaslights those who call it out. How ironic.

Almost everyone who died in the original trilogy was a straight, white man. I think they definitely need to show more violence towards queer women of colour in the new films.
I'm not so sure about Obi-Wan. Old recluse who gets a young boy to travel across the stars with him while waving glow sticks around.

Star Wars' Director Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy Says It's About Time a Woman Shaped a Star Wars Film​

Obaid-Chinoy is directing the Daisy Ridley-led sequel.​

"
Star Wars director Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy has said "it's about time" a woman shaped a Star Wars film after the beloved sci-fi franchise has gone close to half a century with films directed only by men.

Obaid-Chinoy will direct a currently untitled and undated Star Wars film starring Sequel Trilogy star Daisy Ridley that follows her character Rey Skywalker as she looks to rebuild the Jedi Order 15 years after the events of Star Wars: Episode 9 - The Rise of Skywalker.

“I’m very thrilled about the project because I feel what we’re about to create is something very special," Obaid-Chinoy told CNN. "We’re in 2024 now, and it’s about time that we had a woman come forward to shape a story in a galaxy far, far away."

ups-oops.gif

so-pissed.gif

I hate the way all the recent Star wars films feature nothing but men.
We need more girl led star wars stuff. That'll make it successful.
And let's get a woman's rights activist to direct. Preferably one who's a member of the world economic forum too.

- You guys know what?
I suffered wth my archy-enemy Tom King. You guys can get him!

new bad guy:
"I will take out all of you jedi scum"
Rey:
"what do you mean YOU jedi?"
Bad Guy: *visibly confused, trying not to be sexist or racist*

I hate the way all the recent Star wars films feature nothing but men.
We need more girl led star wars stuff. That'll make it successful.
And let's get a woman's rights activist to direct. Preferably one who's a member of the world economic forum too.

Didn't this dumb broad work on the recent Star Wars movies?

Did she not see them?

lol...

I mean Star Wars expectations normally was to be the #1 movie at the box office for the year and to break records.

Do I think they can make money still? Depends on the movie. I just don't see them breaking a billion anymore with who's running the company and the rumored direction they're going. I'm not even sure they turn a profit depending the subject matter and the writers/director. 2 out of the last 3 Lucasfilm movies bombed (Solo and Indy 5) and ROS massively underperformed (made about half of Force Awakens).

This thing about records being the expectation simply isn't true. Besides ROTS I do not believe any Star Wars movie has made more money than its predeccessor in a trilogy. Ignoring the films quality and just looking at the numbers they don't stand out from the other Star Wars trilogys.

This thing about records being the expectation simply isn't true. Besides ROTS I do not believe any Star Wars movie has made more money than its predeccessor in a trilogy. Ignoring the films quality and just looking at the numbers they don't stand out from the other Star Wars trilogys.

- The movie tickets are more expensive today also.

A series following a low-level mechanic in one of the empire's ships would be a breathe of fresh air. Not caught up in any of the ideologies, not enough rank or influence to change the course of the story. Just living paycheck to paycheck to send imperial credits to his wife and 2 kids.
I loved that Andor Episode with the doctor and imperial spy getting shit from that old star destroyer.

They could make great series in that andor style.

I loved that Andor Episode with the doctor and imperial spy getting shit from that old star destroyer.

They could make great series in that andor style.

Wasn't that Mando...?

It really is mind boggling how this can keep happening. You have Disney who is losing BILLIONS of dollars from this kind of activism and they just keep on.

Star Wars can appeal to everyone but yes, it is primarily a male brand. If you want to turn it into a girl boss brand, you are gong to eliminate your male audience and then you are appealing a good 15-20% market and that's not going to make you a billion dollars at the box office.

I personally love strong female characters and leads. What I don't love is pandering and girl boss nonsense that just comes across as forced and fake. Ripley in Alien was just a well written, smart character. She didn't need to be buffer than the men or talk about how "THIS IS A WOMAN'S JOB!". She was just Ripley.

Let people make Star Wars who love Star Wars and want to bring stories to Star Wars fans. Mandalorian and Boba Fett, you can tell were written by fans for fans. These new movies and shows are written by diversity hire activists for activists. It's really getting out of hand.

Back