Sterling celebrating with belt

He trained that move with Weidman to the perfection

In result, he got the belt

And just like that the concussion disappeared!

He was touched by Jesus, that's a miracle

While Yan deserved to lose the belt for the foul, I do not fully believe that Alja wasn't playing up the injury. He went from barely conscious and not able to stand to doing an interview real quick.
I'm not saying he should have continued to fight, I don't know how he truly felt. But I can't believe it was as bad as he was acting.

I would imagine it would be hard to celebrate getting a belt from a fight you were losing and gassing really hard in.

While Yan deserved to lose the belt for the foul, I do not fully believe that Alja wasn't playing up the injury. He went from barely conscious and not able to stand to doing an interview real quick.
Yes, strange how fighters who've been knocked out cold don't need to lie on the floor in an X-shape for 10 minutes, and then having to be practically carried out.

Instead, the legit KOed fighters usually get up almost instantly, and don't... limp?.... out of the Octagon after putting on a show of flopping around.

Yes, strange how fighters who've been knocked out cold don't need to lie on the floor in an X-shape for 10 minutes, and then having to be practically carried out.

Instead, the legit KOed fighters usually get up almost instantly, and don't... limp?.... out of the Octagon after putting on a show of flopping around.

Yup, it wasn't normal behavior, it was behavior of a person who wanted to put on a show. The knee did land hard though and even without the acting it might have been a good call to stop the fight. The acting is off putting to people who see through it though.

I mean like, I’m happy for him and all. I don’t exactly blame him entirely, the knee Yan threw was completely illegal. But idk I kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth seeing him get dominated but celebrate wining afterward. I mean no disrespect to Aljo but I really didn’t see him winning if that knee wasn’t thrown.

This is going off on a tangent but there's no privacy these days. It's like every moment of your life you have to worry about how this will look broadcast on social media.
Gotta blame the people who can't go anywhere without whipping their phone out to record everything they see. That might be a professional photo or video in the OP, but the point still stands.

Aljo has accomplished more than you ever will in your entire life.

I also have.

All you can do is spew hateful remarks.

Us winners don’t care about losers and bums.
There’s a reason Aljo has accomplished so much, and arguing with random white belts on Sherdog isn’t the reason dude. Don’t waste time.

But checking a kick is a legit thing you do. They’re not even remotely comparable.
yeah but it's still an unexpected outcome. Check the sentiment here on this board and weidman celebrating that was seen basically the same.

This is going off on a tangent but there's no privacy these days. It's like every moment of your life you have to worry about how this will look broadcast on social media.

that’s all well on true to say that but If you share your life on social media at all or even have an account. You don’t care about your own privacy or anybody else’s.
You’re literally sharing your life publicly with anybody who will listen and trying to look into everyone you’ve ever met and beyond lives.

it’s the strangest thing and I can’t believe men do social media.
I could see for meeting women if you’re single but that is just some weird ass behavior that’s been normalized.

I dont know how bad he was hurt last night. There was alot of eyes rolling back into the head 5 minutes after he seemed fine. Doesnt matter. But, all he had to do was take his belt and go home. Nothing to celebrate here. Yans defensive grappling is top notch and I expect him to ko Aljo in 2 rounds in the rematch.

yeah but it's still an unexpected outcome. Check the sentiment here on this board and weidman celebrating that was seen basically the same.
Well yeah you have a point, I phrased that a lot more Combative than I wanted. I’m just mean to say that checking a kick is a very legit thing to do especially against a striker like Anderson. And it directly resulted in your opponent getting injured, rather than here where Aljo just got hit with an illegal strike. If Aljo broke Yan’s knee that resulted in a doctors or referee stoppage it would be more allegorical to the Weidman fight.

He got kneed, overplayed, cried because he understood his level is pathetic and cant be a top fighter whom he cant defend that belt. Hes gone next fight

Back