Media Sterling's two cents though....

Kel Guapo

Chesty Singlet
@Blue
Reaction score
Working on taking the cringe crown from Cejudo <45>
7LAUyfU_d.webp

I guess he knows he's a douche and has fooled nobody on his grammy award....might as well just roll with it now.

7LAUyfU_d.webp

I don't get Sterling's logic here. There have been great heels in the UFC, some have even been a little self deprecating like Cejudo calling himself "King of Cringe", but I just don't see the market in labelling yourself a coward who fakes injury and takes the easy way out. Sure it'll help sell a rematch with Yan, but I don't see how it's going to benefit him going forward.

7LAUyfU_d.webp

To be fair, in slow motion it looked like it wasn't a hard hit at all. But in real time replay, it looked like it was a hard hit. I can see people being finished like that, especially female fighter.

I think she may have milked it though, but that was a hard shot I think.

Sterling on the other hand I think milked it from the start.

I think he's trying to make people like him, by making jokes about it.... but it kinda just pisses everyone off more

She was clear eyed, looking right at the ref, then quickly realized she could get away with it. Probably heard the commentators yelling "she's out!" And went all Sterling on the mat.
It was a shot, a hard shot, but not enough to keep her on the ground that long.
Shit, reyes was up on his feet before she was.

This guys is stupid as fuck by all but admitting he faked it. What is he thinking? If he loses he might lose his job bc of this and if it was up to me I'd absolutely cut him with a loss. He's calling the integrity of the sport into question with this shit.

She was clear eyed, looking right at the ref, then quickly realized she could get away with it. Probably heard the commentators yelling "she's out!" And went all Sterling on the mat.
It was a shot, a hard shot, but not enough to keep her on the ground that long.
Shit, reyes was up on his feet before she was.

Did you see her being carried backstage? You’d think that kick was hammer fist of doom deadly or something.

Last edited:
I don't get Sterling's logic here. There have been great heels in the UFC, some have even been a little self deprecating like Cejudo calling himself "King of Cringe", but I just don't see the market in labelling yourself a coward who fakes injury and takes the easy way out. Sure it'll help sell a rematch with Yan, but I don't see how it's going to benefit him going forward.

Yeah I'm not really sure what he's trying to achieve here as well. For instance, he's a veteran who finally got a chance to make more money than he ever had, but he's probably just discouraging major brands from working with him with this kind of behavior.

I mean dude's advertising some custom made mouth guards on his Instagram while Yan got a BMW sponsorship deal a couple weeks ago, lol.

Back