Stipe 2020 vs JDS 2014

Hitman

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
After fight against JDS 1, Stipe improved and JDS declined with USADA !

Now, Stipe is around is prime and improved since first JDS fight

Punch harder

Better cardio ( a little bit )

More skilled ( kick, knee,

Better Footwork

Better clinch game

Beter IQ fighter

Better killer instinct

More agressive

JDS was at the end of his prime, and the results was close to draw, i think Stipe 2020 beats JDS 2014 by Decision or late TKO !

Let's fucking find out
fam.jpg

Punch harder

Better Footwork

Better clinch game

Beter IQ fighter

Better killer instinct

More agressive

JDS was at the end of his prime, and the results was close to draw, i think Stipe 2020 beats JDS 2014 by Decision or late TKO !

Backstage after the first fight, Miocic was swearing that he could beat JDS if they fought tomorrow. Typical fighter talk I suppose, but I think there's truth at the heart of it — that it was more learning the trick of how to beat him that was necessary, and having gone through one attempt he knew now what worked and what didn't. So maybe you don't even need Miocic 2020; maybe 2014 + 1 day would suffice.

Punch harder

Better Footwork

Better clinch game

Beter IQ fighter

Better killer instinct

More agressive

Stipe is not in his prime. His prime was around the time he beat Overeem to his first fight against DC.

Stipe is not in his prime. His prime was around the time he beat Overeem to his first fight against DC.
First fight or second fight with DC ? :)
In the second fight Stipe was better by far than the first fight :)
Between Overeem and DC 1 Stipe was at 246 lbs, maybe he was more powerfull than now he his at 233 lbs... But Stipe who beat DC 2 was more durable, better endurance, cardio, skills etc..

First fight or second fight with DC ? :)
In the second fight Stipe was better by far than the first fight :)
Between Overeem and DC 1 Stipe was at 246 lbs, maybe he was more powerfull than now he his at 233 lbs... But Stipe who beat DC 2 was more durable, better endurance, cardio, skills etc..
Actually, on second thought, I'll change it to the second fight since he did fight like himself in the later rounds. It's just he was uncharacteristically timid in the earlier rounds to avoid dirty boxing from DC. The end of that second fight is the last time I saw him fight like he always has.

This third fight, I think I saw some decline. He came into the fight even lighter than before but looked more exhausted and it just felt like he wasn't as relentless and pressuring. He came in with more versatile striking but looked a little weaker and I can't tell if it was just the weight loss that caused it. I feel like the old Stipe would have ended that fight as soon as the fourth round started. Also, it almost felt like he was going easy on DC after that eye poke because he felt sorry. After that fight, he didn't look as excited. I like him even more because of that because he seems like a good guy but I want to see Stipe going ruthless against Jones and Ngannou.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, on second thought, I'll change it to the second fight since he did fight like himself in the later rounds. It's just he was uncharacteristically timid in the earlier rounds to avoid dirty boxing from DC. The end of that second fight is the last time I saw him fight like he always has.

This third fight, I think I saw some decline. He came into the fight even lighter than before but looked more exhausted and it just felt like he wasn't as relentless and pressuring. He came in with more versatile striking but looked a little weaker and I can't tell if it was just the weight loss that caused it. I feel like the old Stipe would have ended that fight as soon as the fourth round started. Also, it almost felt like he was going easy on DC after that eye poke because he felt sorry. After that fight, he didn't look as excited. I like him even more because of that because he seems like a good guy but I want to see Stipe going ruthless against Jones and Ngannou.

I am partially agree with you !
It is ok Stipe looked weaker and very tired at the end ! BUT... it is DC at 240 lbs ! Take DC in clinch for 5 round, took bomb in clinch game, it is sure you are tired at the end

For me DC looked decline slighty in the third fight ! But it is very difficult to defeat DC ( especially at HW ) without damaged ! Clinch, wrestling with DC, you are tired even if you are the GOAT !

We are going to see in the next fight ! Maybe Stipe might adapted his body to lighter optiaml weight, i think against Ngannou he will be lighter and very very fast and explosive !

Back