Stipe Miocic is not a good boxer, stop pretending he is

No, I said I'd unrionically beat him and I haven't trained in 4-5 years. Learn to read. If I were to actually fight him I'd get in fighting shape. I have nothing against Stipe either, because I know he'd wrestle me with ease.

so is there proof or?

Reactions: lsa
ImmaculateShamefulKinkajou-size_restricted.gif

Lmao @ world champion level boxing
Of course you know more about boxing than Stipe. You’re so hard bro.

I looked Into the “golden gloves” he won and Unsurprisingly only 4 people attended including himself.
Huh, so basically he was one of those regional amateurs dudes that you can find at any decent boxing gym.

Well to be able to win a fight with punches in MMA you need a lot more than just boxing.

Ok. I'll stop pretending.

At a high level - You can't use only boxing in MMA nor expect to be just a boxer and have success in MMA. Stipe has good hands, fairly good combos and some defense. For the history of HW UFC he is pretty decent but maybe not as good at boxing as JDS. vs only boxing - The gloves have a lot to do with it on top of not being able to stuff or go for a takedown (and many other factors)... Stipe uses his boxing skills well or at least did but it's hard to compare a one dimensional fighting sport vs "the 5d chess of combat sports." Stipe is a better face/body puncher than many other legendary strikers of the sport.

For mma he has great boxing. Plus he’s like 40 now? I can’t remember

Hes a good boxer for mma or atleast heavyweight, good jab, feints and fake it to draw out opponent, hand fights and drops the right down the middle

yes, silva literally isnt a good boxer, look what bisping did to him

Even boxers start to lose their speed at age of 41 years old. Don't make points with over the hill fight ages.

My agenda is pretty clear, I'm tired of hearing about how good of a boxer Stipe is/was. He isn't, and never was.

Name your top 10 boxers in the UFC if Stipe isn't one of them. We are waiting....

There are a few good candidates but the waters are shallow.

By MMA standards it's good. By pro boxing standard idk know what it is, maybe below average.Stipe is solid over all in MMA. Good boxing by MMA standards and an even better ground game. Tho I wouldn't say he's winning fights just cause of his striking like some posters have said here. Queue the picture of overeem running full speed away

I'm so tired of hearing how good someone is as a boxer when they fought nobody and lost to a guy who was boxing for 4 months (yes Jennings was eventually very good but literally just started training boxing and smoked Stipe)

And Stipe had been boxing for 8 months. So?

You do know that the whole boxing bit for Stipe was embarked on solely as a training exercise, during a sort of gap year between his amateur and pro MMA careers. Strong Style likes to have their up and comers compete in a few other, related sports competitions for the experience. He isn't the only fighter of their stable to do the Golden Gloves thing, not even the only one to win at the Cleveland level. But I haven't heard of any others going on to the Nationals, much less getting as far as the quarterfinals. And Jennings was to remain undefeated until he reached one of the Klitschkos...

At any rate, it's weird and disingenuous to point to a record that's 12 years old to argue that he can't be a good boxer now. As if fighters can never improve their skills, and his admitted "going back to the drawing board" after the Struve loss never happened.

Name your top 10 boxers in the UFC if Stipe isn't one of them. We are waiting....

There are a few good candidates but the waters are shallow.

In the UFC?

Petr Yan, Dustin, Conor, Robbie, Cody Garbrandt, Jorge Masvidal, Max Holloway (overrated but I'm just listing first guys coming to mind), Josh Emmett, Glover Texeira (fundamentally pretty solid but slow and limited), Holly Holm.

Let me guess, Stipe was a terrible boxer but Big Nog was so good he could've beaten Lennox Lewis if he switched sports in 2002.

Not the best, but he has at least the rudimentary fundamentals of boxing, which in HW is next level because the division is terrible where only chin and KO power separate the pros from the regionals.

Back