Stipe Miocic is not a good boxer, stop pretending he is

Meh, I don't think any of them is better. Fedor was fast but very sloppy at times.

MedicalGraveEyelashpitviper-size_restricted.gif

Junior%2Bdos%2BSantos%2BDrops%2BStipe%2BMiocic%2BUFC%2Bon%2BFox%2B13.gif

Stipe is powerful but defencively he's quite stiff, prone to reaching forward with quite mechnical arm punches and not great at slipping offence.

Again I think his career has really been based on exploiting weaknesses, look at fights like JDS and Reem, he didnt enguage then in technical kickboxing fights then pick out an amazingly timed punch to finish, he bullrushed them back against the cage were they are both very poor and unloaded.

The idea he's the best technical boxer we've ever seen at HW was really just UFC hype, if evolution was correct then Stipe MUST be the best but actually watching his fights with a more critical eye I think questions that.

Maybe someone like mid 00's Sergei wouldnt have been as smart in exploiting opponents weaknesses I spose, as I said I think Stipe is a very smart fighter in the cage but I don't think he's an amazing technical boxer.

Good enough to make the fat man squeel.
JollyHelplessBluefintuna-size_restricted.gif

UncomfortableInfatuatedBoa-size_restricted.gif

https://boxrec.com/en/amateurboxer/898202

this is his boxrec, sticky this damn thread

I'm so tired of hearing how good someone is as a boxer when they fought nobody and lost to a guy who was boxing for 4 months (yes Jennings was eventually very good but literally just started training boxing and smoked Stipe)
Agreed. If he was a good boxer he would be boxing. The money is far far superior. He would get beaten easily. He is a good mma boxer however.

Stipe is powerful but defencively he's quite stiff, prone to reaching forward with quite mechnical arm punches and not great at slipping offence.
Depends when, sometimes he is great, sometimes he is not. He is far from perfect, but so are all the other names you cited.

Depends when, sometimes he is great, sometimes he is not. He is far from perfect, but so are all the other names you cited.

Striking defence of course will always be about consistency though, you only need to get caught once.

Really though I wouldnt characterise Stipe as someone prone to the odd error, I think the situations in those gifs are the kind of thing he does alot just he gets punished at those moments.

Against people like JDS and Reem he can typically get away with that kind of thing most of the time because they are poor counter fighters when backed up.

The genetic freak got banned?

Imagine thinking lebron is better than michael freaking jordan.

You just have to shake your head at some people.

Striking defence of course will always be about consistency though, you only need to get caught once.
I struggle to find a HW who would have consistently good striking defense.
In a sense, Ngannou "If you can touch me, then I can kill you" style of defense seems to be the most effective in this weight class.

Gane, so far, has shown great and consistent defensive skills, but it needs to be tested more.

I struggle to find a HW who would have consistently good striking defense.
In a sense, Ngannou "If you can touch me, then I can kill you" style of defense seems to be the most effective in this weight class.

Gane, so far, has shown great and consistent defensive skills, but it needs to be tested more.

I think with Gane we really need to see what happens when someone goes after him and puts him under some pressure.

At HW? I would say Fedor, Crocop, Nog, Sergei, Semmy, Hunt etc all better defensively than Stipe.
Clever to add the word ‘defensively’ in there..? That Wasn’t the question asked

Stipe is certainly a better boxer than almost all of them with only a couple being arguable

Bro he was the heavyweight champion of the world cause of his boxing. Get real.
Yet people are acting like Tyson Fury couldn't come in and dominate the HW division. But yall going to praise Stipe for his very armature boxing creds as to why he became the HW champ. Sherdog going to shertard.

Please go box him irl to prove your point.
Take your keyboard with you for bonus points.
Well OP probably isn't good at boxing either, but I doubt that thousands of goofs on some message board are stating that the OP does have good/great boxing. So if two boxers who aren't good at all are boxing against each other, wtf is that suppose to prove?

Clever to add the word ‘defensively’ in there..? That Wasn’t the question asked

Stipe is certainly a better boxer than almost all of them with only a couple being arguable

Well defence was what I mentioned originally so I don't think its chancing the subject although equally I think you could make the case of offence.

I think really offencively Stipe works via finding holes in his opponents game most of the time, its the smart thing to do of course but I think its also dependent on the holes being there. Reem and JDS are poor when backed up, Werdum takes risks coming forward(although i think that is a good counter) whilst Cormier is poor to the body being unable to defend single shots with no setup.

When have we seen Stipe in a prolonged technical fight looking slick and potentially pulling out a great timed finished? I would say never and the reason being I don't think he has the skill level needed to fight like that and win consistantly.

Last edited:
Well OP probably isn't good at boxing either, but I doubt that thousands of goofs on some message board are stating that the OP does have good/great boxing. So if two boxers who aren't good at all are boxing against each other, wtf is that suppose to prove?
You should box ts and find out.

Reactions: lsa
Find out what? If I'm a shitty boxer like him and Stipe? If I KO op, what would that make me? Would I still be a shitty boxer, but not as shitty as OP? Would I be the GOAT?
Only one way to find out I guess?
You guys can box while Stipe sits on a throne in the background like Shang Tsung in MK1.
He will challenge the winner after.
(You might have to fight a Goro style version of Daniel Cormier that has an extra set of arms first though.)

No, Goats have hooves and stuff.

Back