Rumored Stipe Miocic: Jon Jones Fight WILL Happen In November At Madison Square Garden

If this happens, for the belt, it would be the least legit HW belt fight since when? Longer than I can remember. Completely absurd. Jones talked about moving up to HW for over ten years, then took a three year, one month pause between his last LHW and his only so far HW fight, and if this fight in November goes ahead that would be after 20 months inactivity.

98244ff9-91e6-4173-83d2-111c39993a60_text.gif

Jones hasn't fought since March 2023, that was 14 months ago. How is he not stripped yet? And he's going to be allowed to sit on the title until November? Ridiculous, especially considering he's the last fighter who needs a belt. They put Jones in a PPV it will sell without a title involved.

Dana Black privilege

He also says he ONLY wants that fight and will wait for it.

Why they have to do Stipe like that with the wrinkle pic? He looks like my grandfathers grandfather.

Who? A TON of people. I mean, it is the hw championship fight. One guy many consider to be GOAT (not sure how it's possible, y'know why) vs one of the best champs at hw....
The person saying Stipe is the goat is pretty much Dana. Dana's drones repeat this. Stipe has like 3 straight wins.

Maybe one of them gets injured again to keep this circus going

Enough talk, let's just get this over with and move on from it.

They may as well put the fight off until they reach the pension age. I mean why waste the more youthful days doing what you are paid to do. Just kick back and relax.
It is pathetic that these 2 guys are allowed to have such little Octagon time and cherry pick their fights. Cowboy Cerrone used to fight more times in one year, than what Jones and Miocic combined, have fought in the last 5 years. Now that Jones has come face to face with Tom Aspinall and seen how large the guy is, he doesn't want anything to do with him.

Who? A TON of people. I mean, it is the hw championship fight. One guy many consider to be GOAT (not sure how it's possible, y'know why) vs one of the best champs at hw....
After doing some research, no one seems to care.

Aspinall doesn't even belong in the title picture. Tired of this UK MMA Bum getting over hyped like he literally didn't just THROW a fight two fights ago. Aspinall needs to fight Blaydes in Manchester and stop whining.

This is such an uphill battle for stipe at this point in his career, but all I can hope is that he gets it done so we dont have to hear about Jon Jones anymore.

This is such an uphill battle for stipe at this point in his career, but all I can hope is that he gets it done so we dont have to hear about Jon Jones anymore.
Style wise, it's not that bad. All Stipe's losses are from being caught with punches, and Jones has like one single KD with a punch in his entire career.
Jones is also past his prime.
I see most likely a boring decision either side unfortunately.

Seriously, why does anyone give a flying fuck about this fight?

Yeah we already knew this. They tried to get him to fight Aspinall at UFC 300 and Stipe was like "nah fuck that".

Also told everybody Jones wouldn't come back before the end of the year. I'm pretty sure he's actually getting enjoyment from purposely stalling the division and fucking everybody over. Dude is scum of the earth.
To be honest though I'v no problem with Stipe having this attitude, he's old and he's not the champ, only coming back for one big money fight with Jones makes sense.

Its Jones holding the HW title hostage and fighting Stipe which is the issue.

To be honest though I'v no problem with Stipe having this attitude, he's old and he's not the champ, only coming back for one big money fight with Jones makes sense.

Its Jones holding the HW title hostage and fighting Stipe which is the issue.
Yeah I don't blame Stipe and I don't resent him for turning down the 300 fight with Aspinall.

He wants to be the first guy to beat Jones, and losing to Aspinall while Jones is out injured means he would lose that opportunity.

And yeah, the Jones/Stipe fight should be for legacy only. Jones should drop the belt if he's only interested in facing non contenders, but he won't. His ego won't let him.

Yeah I don't blame Stipe and I don't resent him for turning down the 300 fight with Aspinall.

He wants to be the first guy to beat Jones, and losing to Aspinall while Jones is out injured means he would lose that opportunity.

And yeah, the Jones/Stipe fight should be for legacy only. Jones should drop the belt if he's only interested in facing non contenders, but he won't. His ego won't let him.
Pretty much, if Jones drops the title I'd have zero problem with this fight happening.

Back