Storage Locker Full Of Death Row Records Master Tapes Sold For 30 Bucks

Unreleased music is still copyright. The guy who bought the storage locker would be able to listen to the songs or leak onto the Internet but not sell them.
That is not really true, tangible copywrite is not the same as registering and copywriting with the library of congress. I can make a song, burn it to CD and claim its copywritten via tangable copywrite. Good luck actually getting that proven in court without a boatload of evidence.

You think Snoop and Hammer are gonna strap up and hunt em down in the middle of the night?
Geez, prolly wasnt worth that 30 bucks then
I'm thinking if them Crips and Bloods find out about this it won't end nicely.

Highlighted the important part. Yes, it is. In the U.S. you would need to register the copyright prior to filing a lawsuit but the copyright exists as soon as the music is created.

Hmmm, learn something new every day

That is not really true, tangible copywrite is not the same as registering and copywriting with the library of congress. I can make a song, burn it to CD and claim its copywritten via tangable copywrite. Good luck actually getting that proven in court without a boatload of evidence.

In the case of Death Row masters it would be very easy to prove vs random guy who happened to find them.

Since Snoop owns Death Row now, would these finds fall under that ownership? Probably not, but I would imagine there could be some legal technicality that could make a case for it.

Damn, cool find though! And shoutout to the other Storage Wars viewers ITT! lol! Brandy was fine af!

Since Snoop owns Death Row now, would these finds fall under that ownership? Probably not, but I would imagine there could be some legal technicality that could make a case for it.

Damn, cool find though! And shoutout to the other Storage Wars viewers ITT! lol! Brandy was fine af!

Oh, I was in love with Brandy there for awhile, she was my kinda woman, no doubt about it!

😍 😍 😍 😍

Ok but if no paperwork was ever filed then who owns the copyrights?
Im not saying youre wrong but music isnt instantly copywritten the moment its created so if these are just studio session tapes that were recorded and then put away in a closet and forgotten about, I just wonder who would technically own the content on the tapes

As far as the publishing, this guy now owns the physical recordings but the artists and label would own the "entity of the song." So those artists are free to re-record those songs and release them but I think this lucky guy now owns the original recordings and can release them but he would owe publishing to the artists and label owners by whatever percentage their contract states. Knowing what we know about Suge, the artists probably don't own shit and he's probably not the suing type but more the show up at your house with a gun and make you give him the tapes type. Whenever he gets out of course.

I'm interested to hear some of these, especially those Quik tracks. He was on fire as a producer during that time.

For attacking a dude before a fight that ultimately got a rap icon killed and ended his freedom. All in name " keeping it real "
lol Suge didn’t do nothing, Pac did. Suge only kicked him after Pac jumped on him so it was 2pacs fault. Suge went straight to prison over that kick and it ruined death row

Back