STREET FIGHTER V-v6:CE - 2020 Summer Update. Dan, Oro, Rose, Akira and ??? Join the cast.

I feel like such a retard. I just finally went into training mode to practice punishing Karin's sweep with Cammy. I've known you can punish with a well-timed crouching jab since season one, but I just realized that mk arrow also seems to work regardless of range and is easier to input.

I’ve been a gold ranked Ken for about two years. I was sure SF6 would come out before I would ever touch Platinum.

However, after beating this other Ken’s ass 2-1, I actually crossed over to Platinum rank. It felt like such a benchmark that I had to tell anybody that might relate. I assure you that anyone I know in my real life would not care/feel sorry for me for how much time I waste on this game. Lol.

Anywho...made Platinum! Time to stop playing for a bit :)

Out of curiosity what version of SF 5 should i be getting on Steam? There are so many different versions and im sort of confused by it all.

Out of curiosity what version of SF 5 should i be getting on Steam? There are so many different versions and im sort of confused by it all.

Arcade Edition. If you can get the one with all of the characters and stages (if you can afford it), then go for it.

Arcade Edition. If you can get the one with all of the characters and stages (if you can afford it), then go for it.
@EL CORINTHIAN
Yea, Arcade is the way to go. To piggyback on this, you'll be getting a free update in December / Jan which will most likely be SSFV:AE. Rumors are that there will be new CA's, V-Reversals and V-Skills and General Story among other things. If we're really lucky, we might get a new mechanic. Some people have found a glitch in the system that wasn't there previously. I think I posted it a few pages back.

Something finally clicked, and I'm making a small amount of headway into gold with both Cammy and Sagat. Only around 4300, but I'm actually maintaining that and beating like half the people who are about 1500 above me (and I'm realizing what I should be doing against the other half most of the time). I'm also finally landing some light punishes.

My execution is still pretty rough. I can't reliably get dive kicks or kara dps on hitbox, but they're getting better. I had quite a few cr. jab, cr. jab, into dp punishes with Sagat today and that's not something I've usually been able to count on in a match. My fireball game with him is weak though. I'm too worried about getting jumped in on. I've also just been spending ex-meter to get good knock downs and haven't been worrying about super. It's worth it just to get the opponent nervous.

CFN still sucks for me though. I don't always get disconnects but it still happens almost every other match or more. One of them was during an opponents winning crush counter. I hope he didn't blacklist me because he's one of my better connections. It's weird because I don't lose connection with the server.

I may actually jump back in with this update
Gill has been added plus one more character to be announced in December

Gill actually looks really good and I wanna see that Pyron costume, but how about that netcode?

The v-skills so far look meh. Ryu has yet ANOTHER parry? He already has one for his first v-skill and his VT2.

Edit: The 200+ costumes and 34 stages alone is worth it for someone like me who didn't buy a lot of them for $4 each or whatever they were.

Last edited:
Gill actually looks really good and I wanna see that Pyron costume, but how about that netcode?

The v-skills so far look meh. Ryu has yet ANOTHER parry? He already has one for his first v-skill and his VT2.

Edit: The 200+ costumes and 34 stages alone is worth it for someone like me who didn't buy a lot of them for $4 each or whatever they were.
I legit bought 0 costumes and stages so I am definitely eyeing this

Since I only made enough fight money to unlock a few people and I didn't buy any stages or costumes I'm actually really happy about this.

Since I only made enough fight money to unlock a few people and I didn't buy any stages or costumes I'm actually really happy about this.

Good, don't give Capcom your money until they make a fighting game that doesn't suck dick.

Here's a pretty good Gill intro video. That Pyron costume looks sick.

Sorry I haven’t kept this thread up to date. I’ll be sure to update it when I get home today. Gil looks amazing and really fun. He also looks pretty OP. Curious what Capcom has planned after Capcom Cup.

I'm still getting disconnects in most matches that go past one game. I can't figure it out. I've forwarded the right ports, run ping tests to random servers and had zero packet loss, and tried STEAM as well as PS4.

I think I might just have to find a different fighting game. Maybe I'll pick MK11 back up and try SFV after the next big update and just hope it gets better.

I'm still getting disconnects in most matches that go past one game. I can't figure it out. I've forwarded the right ports, run ping tests to random servers and had zero packet loss, and tried STEAM as well as PS4.

I think I might just have to find a different fighting game. Maybe I'll pick MK11 back up and try SFV after the next big update and just hope it gets better.

play 3rd strike, its a good game

MK11 does have rollback and I'm sure there's plenty of people still online. Tekken is popular, but the netcode isn't any better than SFV. I would suggest the next UNIST since the game director was actually interested in using GGPO so we'll see how this goes. Yes, a Japanese developer.

BTW, Capcom Cup is the first tournament I've watch in months and it's a shit show lmao!

Man, I feel bad for Punk. It'd be one thing if he lost while playing well, but he cracked bad.

Man, I feel bad for Punk. It'd be one thing if he lost while playing well, but he cracked bad.

Yeah, but seeing Idom win with 2 unpopular characters in a sea of Rashits and Karins was great.

So Gill, V-Skills II, and New Battle Balance are tonight. Figured they'd be tomorrow, but that's cool. Seth looks decent.

Back