STREET FIGHTER V-v6:CE - 2020 Summer Update. Dan, Oro, Rose, Akira and ??? Join the cast.

This might sound like an excuse, but other players have said the same thing this weekend (Big Bird, Problem X, Momochi, and Zenith). AngryBird looked pissed off after winning the second game against Infexious.

Yeah, but seeing Idom win with 2 unpopular characters in a sea of Rashits and Karins was great.

So Gill, V-Skills II, and New Battle Balance are tonight. Figured they'd be tomorrow, but that's cool. Seth looks decent.
Yeah it was cool that he won, and hopefully he gets sponsored and we can see more of him. If there was lag on P2 side that really sucks for Punk, and I don't doubt it. I don't recall him making excuses for himself before, and lag on top of nerves would make a lot of sense.

I’ve been a gold ranked Ken for about two years. I was sure SF6 would come out before I would ever touch Platinum.

However, after beating this other Ken’s ass 2-1, I actually crossed over to Platinum rank. It felt like such a benchmark that I had to tell anybody that might relate. I assure you that anyone I know in my real life would not care/feel sorry for me for how much time I waste on this game. Lol.

Anywho...made Platinum! Time to stop playing for a bit :)
Badass man! Ive been stuck in bronze for like 200 ranked matches lol, strictly using Ryu. So I just want to get to Silver haha. The transition from MK was way harder than I thought

Logged in yesterday and labbed Sagat a little bit; he got some pretty decent buffs. Played a match, boom disconnect in the second game that I was winning.

Tried MK11 for the first time in like 6 months. Got some guy at 105 ping who was on wifi, and we played three games with almost no issues. I think it stuttered once.

So it's cool that Sagat got buffed, but it sucks that I basically can't use him.

Logged in yesterday and labbed Sagat a little bit; he got some pretty decent buffs. Played a match, boom disconnect in the second game that I was winning.

Tried MK11 for the first time in like 6 months. Got some guy at 105 ping who was on wifi, and we played three games with almost no issues. I think it stuttered once.

So it's cool that Sagat got buffed, but it sucks that I basically can't use him.

That sucks. I haven't tried online yet, but I doubt the experience will be much better than the last time.

MK11 online was pretty good for me even against most of the wifi warriors. I played against @Aleksandar Stojkovic who lives in Serbia and it was fine.

So now Rashid is playing Guilty Gear?

Man, Capcom must REALLY love this character.

I just bought SF V Arcade edition. Nice it was 7 bucks
You seem to have to unlock some characters.
It also has SF 1 through 4 in it.
What is this champions edition ? Because I cant find it on steam.

I just bought SF V Arcade edition. Nice it was 7 bucks
You seem to have to unlock some characters.
It also has SF 1 through 4 in it.
What is this champions edition ? Because I cant find it on steam.

It's an upgrade to Street Fighter V Arcade Edition. Comes with all the characters, 34 stages, and over 200 costumes. You can actually purchase the upgrade kit right now and you'll have access to all of the stuff that's currently available including Gill who was just released. Season 5 also introduces a second V-Skill for all characters, but you'll get that whether you buy Champion Edition or not.

So a modder created an online patch in 2 days and it seems to be a big improvement over the normal netcode. That's sad.

Before and after test.

Match from Tokyo to Califorinia.

Last edited:
I finally made it to Super Gold. Grinding is a lot less frustrating with the new netcode on PC. There's a still a lot of game knowledge that I don't really bother with (good knockdowns for other characters and picking and choosing my own wake up speed for instance), but I don't feel like I really need to. The big adjustment was really just trying to be deliberate about what I'm doing. I've noticed that at this level one or two shimmies and a few well-timed jump ins will make players super gun shy or get them tilted.

I feel like I can make plat just by tightening up how I play and not giving up so many anti-airs (I usually can start landing DPs in the second game if the player is a bit predictable, but otherwise it's a lot of blocking or just aa jab). I also need to watch my feet. I gave up a lot of rounds to a Chun earlier who kept abusing slide into vtrigger. I should have spaced myself better and whiff punished, which is probably the next big thing that I really need to start doing.

I finally made it to Super Gold. Grinding is a lot less frustrating with the new netcode on PC. There's a still a lot of game knowledge that I don't really bother with (good knockdowns for other characters and picking and choosing my own wake up speed for instance), but I don't feel like I really need to. The big adjustment was really just trying to be deliberate about what I'm doing. I've noticed that at this level one or two shimmies and a few well-timed jump ins will make players super gun shy or get them tilted.

I feel like I can make plat just by tightening up how I play and not giving up so many anti-airs (I usually can start landing DPs in the second game if the player is a bit predictable, but otherwise it's a lot of blocking or just aa jab). I also need to watch my feet. I gave up a lot of rounds to a Chun earlier who kept abusing slide into vtrigger. I should have spaced myself better and whiff punished, which is probably the next big thing that I really need to start doing.

Nice man, congrats. I haven’t played in a while. Got pretty burnt out there but from what I remember helping me move into Plat was having at least two meaty setups and knowing your quick rise option. Sagat has a 4-frame jab which doesn’t help when people are + on a KD but when someone knocks you down out of meaty range and they dash in (sometimes twice) they’ll be – and your quick rise and 4-frame wake up will punish them and lead into a combo. Remembering opponents back rolls and delayed wakups are hard enough, but knowing your meatys and the buttons that lead into them really helped me. I almost always try to land a combo that leave me + on wake up. Even if the combo doesn’t do as much damage as a bigger combo you’ll still be in range to keep the pressure.

Nice man, congrats. I haven’t played in a while. Got pretty burnt out there but from what I remember helping me move into Plat was having at least two meaty setups and knowing your quick rise option. Sagat has a 4-frame jab which doesn’t help when people are + on a KD but when someone knocks you down out of meaty range and they dash in (sometimes twice) they’ll be – and your quick rise and 4-frame wake up will punish them and lead into a combo. Remembering opponents back rolls and delayed wakups are hard enough, but knowing your meatys and the buttons that lead into them really helped me. I almost always try to land a combo that leave me + on wake up. Even if the combo doesn’t do as much damage as a bigger combo you’ll still be in range to keep the pressure.
In some ways it's good that Sagat only really gets good knockdowns off of ex tiger shots. Low gets you a double dash and high gets you a meaty after kara knee. I think the only others he gets are off vskill knees which don't come up that often and things like crush counters on his down heavy punch.

I noticed that I let people walk back/or back dash too often. So I need to throw in some crouching medium kicks and forward heavy kicks to catch that stuff.

Just played this for the first time in forever. The connection is certainly "changed" like I've been reading. It seems like it's trying to resync which this is nice, but now I see the slowdown that players are talking about now. It's like the bad parts of delayed based and rollback combined. I read that Capcom is still working on this which is cool, but I think I'll stick with games like Power Rangers or Garou which does it right. Now that Guilty Gear has announced Rollback, theres NO excuse for japanese companies to keep doing this in 2020. That's why I didn't buy GranBlue.

Just played this for the first time in forever. The connection is certainly "changed" like I've been reading. It seems like it's trying to resync which this is nice, but now I see the slowdown that players are talking about now. It's like the bad parts of delayed based and rollback combined. I read that Capcom is still working on this which is cool, but I think I'll stick with games like Power Rangers or Garou which does it right. Now that Guilty Gear has announced Rollback, theres NO excuse for japanese companies to keep doing this in 2020. That's why I didn't buy GranBlue.
That sucks; I rarely run into that, but it has happened a couple of times and yeah it's pretty much unplayable. I typically blacklist those players if it happens more than one match.

At least GG Strive is going to have rollback. I'll probably pick it up because of that.

Edit: I've also been playing exclusively on PC because I've heard that PS4 online can be pretty rough for whatever reason.

That sucks; I rarely run into that, but it has happened a couple of times and yeah it's pretty much unplayable. I typically blacklist those players if it happens more than one match.

At least GG Strive is going to have rollback. I'll probably pick it up because of that.

Edit: I've also been playing exclusively on PC because I've heard that PS4 online can be pretty rough for whatever reason.

I don't really want to blacklist anyone because it might not be their fault. I know players have blacklisted me in the past (laggy on their end, they miss everything, then they just stand there, and leave after the first match).

I wasn't going to buy it at first when I heard delayed based. GG would die quick online if they used the same crappy netcode.

Yeah, playing on PS4.

What came first the chicken or the egg?
Your coffee machine works on a timer. Shabbat is over?

It's funny. SFV is more balanced than it's ever been and now Tekken 7 is garbage in comparison.

SFVSummerUpdate-1024x576.png

Hey there Fighters! We hope you are all staying safe out there, and we’d also like to thank you for all the support you’ve given to us with Street Fighter V over the past four years. Today, we are excited to reveal upcoming content for Street Fighter V: Champion Edition with the “Street Fighter V Summer Update!”

Join SFV Director Nakayama-san, SFV Producer Matsumoto-san, top-tier commentators Vicious and Tasty Steve, and All Elite Wrestling’s Kenny Omega as they deliver some exciting news!

We know you’ve all been waiting for info on new Street Fighter V content, so let’s dive into the main course for today: new characters!

Dan, Rose, Oro, and Akira

Characters-1024x576.jpg

Four fan-favorite characters are joining Season V of Street Fighter V: Champion Edition! For a more detailed overview of each character, check out this PlayStation Blog entry. There’s even some exclusive gameplay footage of Dan in early development stage.

• Dan Hibiki – The Master of Saikyo Style returns with his unique fighting style and trademark Taunts! He also comes equipped with several new moves up his sleeves. Dan is scheduled for a release in Winter of 2020!
  • Rose – Were you able to read the future? Fan favorite Rose brings her Soul Power to Street Fighter V: Champion Edition! In the Summer Update video, the team mentioned they knew that Soul Satellite was a popular move for her. Will her future involve bringing that move back? Rose and her new stage are scheduled to release in Spring 2021!
  • Oro – Back from Street Fighter III, Oro will bring his unorthodox playstyle and unique attacks to SFV. He’s also bringing a new turtle friend with him… will it affect his gameplay? You’ll find out soon enough. Oro is scheduled to join the cast in Summer of 2021!
  • Akira Kazama – Hailing from Rival Schools, Akira makes her Street Fighter debut in SFV.We’re planning to bring along some of her style and gimmicks from Rival Schools, while still fitting in SFV. Akira and her new stage are scheduled for Summer of 2021!
  • ???? – You may also remember we previously said there would be five characters for Season V… but we’re not quite ready to announce our fifth yet. Stay tuned for info on that later on!
As a quick recap, here is our latest development roadmap:

2020-Roadmap-1024x576.jpg

*SCHEDULE SUBJECT TO CHANGE. CURRENT AS OF AUGUST 5, 2020*

I loved Rival Schools, wish they did more games with it

Back