Social Student gets suspended for saying "illegal aliens" in class after hearing it from the News

How is that offensive. If you're hispanic and are legally in the US, then you are not an "illegal" alien. Is "illegal" hispanic a better term? Im not sure what is the offensive word is here, is it alien?

It sounds like people are offended by the use of the word illegal in reference to a human existing.

Because resident alien is a legal term for an immigrant who is a legal resident.

There we have it. The duality of American cultism. One that can't understand the nuance of words in differing contexts and another that cannot handle any criticism of the American Government without having a breakdown....

There we have it. a 20yo who still in diapers trying to look cool by "both side bad" everything.
contexts or not the term "Aliens" is dehumanizing. They're people, poor people, less fortunate people seeking refuge and a better life. People who are here illegally are undocumented immigrants not "Aliens"
even with "contexts" this type of language is still disgusting.

not gonna lie, this feels like a drama bait story and yall are eating it up. i am not gonna soy out till we get more information about the situation. the site that published this article is blatantly right leaning and obviously has an agenda to push so i am heistant.
This. Im sure in a week or two we will find out this is just the last straw of him constantly badgering on the topic or something

It sounds like people are offended by the use of the word illegal in reference to a human existing.

Because resident alien is a legal term for an immigrant who is a legal resident.
I am not sure what society expects me to call humans that have entered illegally the country i was born in?

not gonna lie, this feels like a drama bait story and yall are eating it up. i am not gonna soy out till we get more information about the situation. the site that published this article is blatantly right leaning and obviously has an agenda to push so i am heistant.

Oh no!? A right leaning news site

Better wait to get NPR’s take on this

There we have it. a 20yo who still in diapers trying to look cool by "both side bad" everything.
contexts or not the term "Aliens" is dehumanizing. They're people, poor people, less fortunate people seeking refuge and a better life. People who are here illegally are undocumented immigrants not "Aliens"
Dictionary
Definitions from Oxford Languages ·
adjective: alien
belonging to a foreign country or nation.

noun: alien; plural noun: aliens
a foreigner, especially one who is not a naturalized citizen of the country where they are living.
"an illegal alien"

It's literally the definition in the fucking dictionary you fucking goofball

It's a legit term. There's nothing dehumanizing about it. If someone enters the company illegally or overstays their visa, they are an illegal alien. Just saying it's dehumanizing doesn't make it so.

Dictionary
Definitions from Oxford Languages ·
adjective: alien
belonging to a foreign country or nation.

noun: alien; plural noun: aliens
a foreigner, especially one who is not a naturalized citizen of the country where they are living.
"an illegal alien"

It's literally the definition in the fucking dictionary you fucking goofball
inb4 dictionary gets banned.

This country is screwed. What a bunch of snowflakes in this country.

The irony is that the USA is a melting pot of legal and illegal immigration.Some are actually a part of building America.

Back