SUMO - 2023 Natsu Basho (May 14th - 28th)

Eddie Hall is an absolute freak of nature, he'd do great in sumo. I hope he takes a trip to Japan like he says he's tempted to.
You are kidding right? Maybe against some european spare time hobbyists but professional rikishi would demolish him. You dont need Makuuchi level for that.

Strenght athletes have great grip strenght and well power but they lack coordination , explosive power and even short term cardio. Have you seen Eddie box , he not exactly a coordination talent.

This is just a gimmick like his boxing "fight". IF he would ever take part in a serious training day at a heya he would either die of a heart attack or change his plans very fast.

For crossover athletes greco wrestlers and judoka are much better suited

You are kidding right? Maybe against some european spare time hobbyists but professional rikishi would demolish him. You dont need Makuuchi level for that.

Strenght athletes have great grip strenght and well power but they lack coordination , explosive power and even short term cardio. Have you seen Eddie box , he not exactly a coordination talent.

This is just a gimmick like his boxing "fight". IF he would ever take part in a serious training day at a heya he would either die of a heart attack or change his plans very fast.

For crossover athletes greco wrestlers and judoka are much better suited

I'm not saying he'd beat Teru straight out of the gate, but I think he'd do surprisingly good after not too much training. A guy of this size and agility (watch him swim or climb, he's surprising) is a problem in any kind grappling contest, much more than in boxing.

Gordon Ryan recently said Martins Licis' side control pressure was almost enough to make him tap. I think Eddie Hall would create similar problems: massive holes in his knowledge of the game, but here and there if you're not careful he can crush you like a bug.

I'm not saying he'd beat Teru straight out of the gate, but I think he'd do surprisingly good after not too much training. A guy of this size and agility (watch him swim or climb, he's surprising) is a problem in any kind grappling contest, much more than in boxing.

Gordon Ryan recently said Martins Licis' side control pressure was almost enough to make him tap. I think Eddie Hall would create similar problems: massive holes in his knowledge of the game, but here and there if you're not careful he can crush you like a bug.

Grappling and Sumo are two very different sports and Eddie Hall would be also made into a pretzel by any experienced BJJ artist. Ryan was just nice. Sorry to be so blunt but you just don't know what your talking about. It's a common misconception people have with muscle size especially in the US. And no Eddie Hall is not agile .<Lmaoo>. His climbing was a brick walk ingup a wall. You are clearly a fanboy.

Back