News Superlek vs Takeru is set for ONE 165 in Tokyo, January 28

Who wins?

• Total voters
If Takeru wins, I think it would show that he is the better Kickboxer, but that doesn't hold a lot of meaning when Superlek isn't really a Kickboxer in the first place. Like many ONE Kickboxers, he's really a Muay Thai fighter that will take Kickboxing fights if the promotion asks him to.

Exactly. Takeru will be more well-versed in kickboxing than Superlek. Doesn't make him a better fighter than him, just a better at kickboxing. I'd day the same about Takeru if the fight was under Muay Thai.

Sad to see Sittichai getting finished like that:( . Easy work for Nieky as expected Also what happened to Sage?

Sad to see Sittichai getting finished like that:( . Easy work for Nieky as expected Also what happened to Sage?
His cornerman had problem
Sittichai vs Grigorian was the only good fight on the card till now, as expected
A ppv with two circus fights is embarrassing

What a disaster. ONE took a leaf out of Glory's book and pulled a Bad Hari on the Sage fans.

Both the Holzken vs Akiyama and Superlek vs Takeru went as I thought they would, a finnish by Holzken in round 1 or 2 and a decision by Superlek.

Takeru had success in round 3 with heavy body shots which definitely hurt Superlek, other than that it was the perfect gameplan by Superlek to shut down Takeru with jabs and heavy low kicks.

Last edited:
That was a great fight, I am just afraid that we have been spoiled of Takeru vs Rodtang

I think the Takeru vs Rodtang fight still makes sense, since they both lost to Superlek recently. It's also a great stylistic match-up. And they could make Superlek go up in weight and fight Haggerty, than would also be an interesting fight IMO.

Banger of a fight, not sure how Superlek stayed up in round 3. Don't even know what started that onslaught, holy shit. 4-1 Superlek. Master class
I think the Takeru vs Rodtang fight still makes sense, since they both lost to Superlek recently. It's also a great stylistic match-up. And they could make Superlek go up in weight and fight Haggerty, than would also be an interesting fight IMO.
that would be a great scenario, but I think that losing Rodtang vs Superlek 2 would be sad. After tonight, of all this fake multichampions, the only one that deserve this spot is Superlek, one of the best fighter ever. They also need to bring back Panpayak.

to be honest the only fight in which Superlek didn’t look great was the Puertas fight but he was injured. He was great against Ennahachi(a clear robbery) showing his incredible fight IQ. I am sure he will come out with a great game plan and will not be easy for Takeru to avoid those kicks.
Many of you could be surprised to know that betting odds give Superlek as a favorite.

I also dream about one last run of Sittichai, I am looking forward to that fight to see if he still has it
I was telling you guys

Great fight! I thought Superlek took four rounds, with Takeru only getting the 3rd, but it was a closer fight than that would show. Superlek just had better fight IQ and did a much better job of distance control than Takeru. The only round Takeru won, was the one where he successfully made his way inside and was able to unleash his boxing combinations. Otherwise, Superlek slowed Takeru early on with the low kicks and the jab, disrupting Takeru's boxing. Later, he effectively utilized the teep from distance and the long knee if Takeru got inside.

Back