Movies James Gunn's SUPERMAN (Logo Revealed, post #596)

My Adventures with Superman made him electric and that show was one of the best adaptations of the character ever IMO.

If it interests Gunn to make him blue and electric and he can make a good movie out of it I'm all for it.
People getting upset over this is hilarious

it's the kingdom come superman logo. this isn't new. the design was first introduced in the late 90's as part of a very popular comic created by Alex Ross. If you haven't you should read it.

View attachment 1038901

It's not like a deal breaker or anything just looks like they stopped drawing the S 2/3rds through. Giving me a no parking vibe. I got faith in Gunn based on his track record, I got through the Batnips era this is nothing.

I could honest give two shits how big an actor is, I was marveling at how much size this kid put on in a short amount of time.

Is seven months that short a time span when one has personal trainers, nutritionists and the gods know how many people working on it?

For what is essentially a group effort with a shit-ton of money to back it up, seven months seems positively leisurely.

It's not like a deal breaker or anything just looks like they stopped drawing the S 2/3rds through. Giving me a no parking vibe. I got faith in Gunn based on his track record, I got through the Batnips era this is nothing.
Ya it's not my favorite version either but I'm just saying that this isn't Gunn's design, he's going right to the comics for reference.

Anyone who pulls from the comics for reference gives me hope that the movie won't suck.

it's a good sign for me hopefully it means they are moving closer to an earth 2 version with more of those heros

Feel like a lot of people think they want a cheap knock off of the Donner films, but we've had one of those and everyone hated it.
I don't think anyone really knows what they want from Superman. They all seem to miss the mark with audiences, no matter what. They tried Donner nostalgia, super dark emo Superman, and even put him up against Batman. I guess they're gonna try the jokey GOTG route, with outside of the box characters and see if that sticks.

One thing I'll say about Gunn, is that he doesn't seem married to tradition, and will use the entire DC library to pluck ideas from to try and put a fresh spin on things. I doubt we'll get the same old Lex vs Superman deal. At least not immediately.

Back