Movies James Gunn's SUPERMAN (Logo Revealed, post #596)

As long as Doom Patrol doesn't get cancelled I don't care. It's hard to make Justice League heroes relatable to the audience because of how powerful they are. DC heroes are like gods(except for batman) while Marvel heroes are just superpowered humans/aliens.

If they really are trying to go for a DCEU then a Batman Beyond would be a no go.
Affleck Batman, Pattison Batman, and now future Batman all being in existence at pretty much the same time?
They still haven't really established their world or a tone.

James Gunn says Superman is possibly the biggest priority for DC Studios.

Gunn debunking reports of Ryan Reynolds returning as Green Lantern for Zack Snyder films.

Gunn responding to rumors he doesn't like Henry Cavill.

Does Feige communicate with fans direct (and publicly) like Gunn is doing now?

Cavill just got back in the mix as Superman and now they may cut him? Weird. Don't know what Jenkins is sour about. I love comic book movies, love the 80s, dig Pedro Pascal, and was so looking forward to WW2 after the pandemic, but it was garbage. I had a bad feeling the second they cast Kristen Wiig, but held out hope. Even a post credit Lynda Carter scene couldn't help. It was terrible.

I'd be fine with them recasting Aquaman, but i thought Affleck was a good Batman. I guess if they're gonna redo it they just have to redo it all, except for the current run of HBO Max shows.

current Hawk/Reacher

as aquaman
2af40f465ba36cbb6ef255eb0fb7d0fb.jpg

If they really are trying to go for a DCEU then a Batman Beyond would be a no go.
Affleck Batman, Pattison Batman, and now future Batman all being in existence at pretty much the same time?
They still haven't really established their world or a tone.
Painful as it is, I can understand why it would be cancelled over this confusion. You have an old Batman training a new Batman so there has to be a whole new actor cast as well. That’s 4 damn Batmans at one studio!

Just bring back the Richard Donner version of Superman, complete with the full John Williams score. The real Superman.

Honesty, seems like most are bummed about the cancellation of the Batman Beyond movie with Keaton playing an older Bruce Wayne. Even those that didn’t know that film was being planned. I feel like DC is making a major mistake here.

Honesty, seems like most are bummed about the cancellation of the Batman Beyond movie with Keaton playing an older Bruce Wayne. Even those that didn’t know that film was being planned. I feel like DC is making a major mistake here.

100-hundred-percent.gif

I'd'a watched the fuck out of an old man Keaton Batman movie. Would have made a great full circle after BIRDMAN last decade.

They could have done a film version of the Frank Miller THE DARK KNIGHT RISES, or just done their own thing. If it was even remotely good looking, I would have gone. They blew it

Might as well cancel the DCEU now then.

They're going to have to rely on somehow generating buzz. As of now the only sequels that are practically guaranteed to make big profit is Joker 2 & The Batman 2, and they're not even in the DCEU.

Was 'The Suicide Squad' considered a success?

Besides that, they need to bank of Henry Cavill's star power for whatever movie Superman is in next.

Basically, they have to pick their steps very carefully as they tip-toe through this minefield.

I thought they were going for James Gunn Suicide Squad kills the Justice League now, if Joker 2 does well they might continue betting on noir projects on the side.

DC heroes are like gods(except for batman) while Marvel heroes are just superpowered humans/aliens.

Are they, though?

Just seems like a convenient excuse to excuse the crappy films.

James Gunn says Superman is possibly the biggest priority for DC Studios.

Gunn responding to rumors he doesn't like Henry Cavill.

Gunn really delivered the perfect response here.

I have gotten tired of randos on the Internet claiming to know what goes on behind the scenes, have inside info, and a thorough knowledge of the business.

If the Co-CEO of the company you are talking about answers your question directly and you still don't believe it.. then there's no helping you.

Back