Surprised we aren't seeing fewer leg kicks after Weidman?

shredman

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I felt this way after Anderson broke his leg, too. I'm kinda shocked we aren't seeing guys reluctant to throw leg kicks after seeing such a gruesome injury can result from them.

Am I the only one who's surprised by this? How is this not weighing on guys' minds, scaring them off from throwing leg kicks?

I felt this way after Anderson broke his leg, too. I'm kinda shocked we aren't seeing guys reluctant to throw leg kicks after seeing such a gruesome injury can result from them.

Am I the only one who's surprised by this? How is this not weighing on guys' minds, scaring them off from throwing leg kicks?
I think a fighter has to believe it won't happen to them. Rationally you should be reluctant to throw a hard leg kick, but rational.guys don't become ufc fighters

Last edited:
I think a fighter has to believe it won't happen to them. Rationally you should be reluctant to throw a hard leg kick, but rational.guys don't become ufc fighterd

This is true. Almost every strike you throw has huge potential consequences

Also, apparently turning your jobs more aligns your shin bone such that it’s not so easy to break

I see them not throwing THAT leg kick in those conditions, full force, opponent in position to check.

Because anyone who trains and or has fought knows that most of the strikes thrown are instinctual and there is not alot of thought behind them.

You see an opening and instincts take over. If you sat there and tried to thought process every strike you would never throw anything.

Yeah cause no one wants to become a rubber chicken.

That's why you don't throw calf kicks

Im also suprised people get layed on when they can just get up

As soon as Valentina threw a leg kick on Andrade, I was like,"WHAT ARE YOU DOING? NOOOO!!!"
<{CMPALM}>

I blame Poirier for Chris’ leg breaking. As we all know Poirier invented leg kicks in that McGregor rematch

That's just one potential injury out of hundreds you could get when you enter the cage. If you start second guessing anything you probably shouldn't be in there because that can get you hurt.

Back