International Swedish Defence Officials Instruct Citizens to Prepare For War

Siver!

Sedriques Dumbass Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

A warning to Swedes from two top defence officials to prepare for war has prompted concern and accusations of alarmism.
Civil Defence Minister Carl-Oskar Bohlin told a defence conference "there could be war in Sweden".
His message was then backed up by military commander-in-chief Gen Micael Byden, who said all Swedes should prepare mentally for the possibility.
However, opposition politicians have objected to the tone of the warnings.
Ex-prime minister Magdalena Andersson told Swedish TV that while the security situation was serious, "it is not as if war is just outside the door."
Children's rights organisation Bris said that its national helpline did not usually receive calls about the possibility of war. But this week, it had seen an increase in worried calls from youngsters who had seen news reports or posts on TikTok talking about it.
"This was well prepared, it wasn't something blurted out," Bris spokeswoman Maja Dahl told the BBC. "They should have provided information meant for kids when they come out with this kind of information for grown-ups."
Despite the starkness of the messaging, the remarks from the civil defence minister and military chief are being seen as a wake-up call.

---

Most likely this a warning to prepare for the event of an insane decision by Americans to elect Trump.

If Ukraine is abandoned, war will be at the doorsteps of many European nations. With the threats made to Finland, it's not hard to see how Sweden (as a new NATO member) would be immediately drawn in.

Most likely this a warning to prepare for the event of an insane decision by Americans to elect Trump.

If Ukraine is abandoned, war will be at the doorsteps of many European nations. With the threats made to Finland, it's not hard to see how Sweden (as a new NATO member) would be immediately drawn in.
Stop with this bullshit.

Stop with this bullshit.

Which bit?

As we know, Trump won't back Ukraine, is entirely ambivalent, and has been politically indifferent on the subject. MAGA governors are keen to prevent aid going to Ukraine.

Russia and Putin have issued threats to Finland if they join NATO, which effectively means war with NATO.

I mean, this isn't just empty rhetoric.

Putin planned to destabilize Transnistria anyway, and likely attack an easy target in Moldova.

Which bit of this is 'bullshit' to you? The fact you want to vote Trump, despite it being a ridiculously stupid idea?

I don't think Russia would go to war with NATO, although I don't blame border countries from preparing at all. It's in their best interest to.

But just look at the problems they are having just dealing with Ukraine. How would they be able to compete with NATO? Can you explain to me why that would that be in their best interest to pursue?

I don't think Russia would go to war with NATO, although I don't blame border countries from preparing at all. It's in their best interest to.

But just look at the problems they are having just dealing with Ukraine. How would they be able to compete with NATO? Can you explain to me why that would that be in their best interest to pursue?

If the US were to withdraw support for Ukraine, that would give Russia a pretty good look at what a Europe-protected-Ukraine might look like.

If they were able to steamroll Ukraine as soon as USA was out of the picture despite European intervention (currently blocked by Hungary), they might be emboldened to go after further territories.

Moldova first, and if NATO didn't act (which they wouldn't in the case of Moldova), a NATO country would be next on the agenda.

And with Trump in charge, they would meet no resistance from the US, as Trump would likely lead the USA out of NATO as he's threatened before.

Which bit?

As we know, Trump won't back Ukraine, is entirely ambivalent, and has been politically indifferent on the subject. MAGA governors are keen to prevent aid going to Ukraine.

Russia and Putin have issued threats to Finland if they join NATO, which effectively means war with NATO.

Putin planned to destabilize Transnistria anyway, and likely attack an easy target in Moldova.

Which bit of this is 'bullshit' to you? The fact you want to vote Trump, despite it being a ridiculously stupid idea?
Wow, Swedish domestic politics and foreign policy and all you’re orange man bad’ing

I read that as “Swedish Dance Officials”

Leaving disappointed.

Eh it was just a security conference where speeches were held. We have had same stuff here, most dramatic one was about war coming in 25

Sweden has had "conflict guidebook" they distribute for population for a while now

If the US were to withdraw support for Ukraine, that would give Russia a pretty good look at what a Europe-protected-Ukraine might look like.

If they were able to steamroll Ukraine as soon as USA was out of the picture despite European intervention (currently blocked by Hungary), they might be emboldened to go after further territories.

Moldova first, and if NATO didn't act (which they wouldn't in the case of Moldova), a NATO country would be next on the agenda.

And with Trump in charge, they would meet no resistance from the US, as Trump would likely lead the USA out of NATO as he's threatened before.

I think he is just trying to get NATO countries to contribute more. Even if he's not, does he even have the power to unilaterally do that? I thought Congress approved a bill to prevent that from happening?

Don't vote for the bad orange man in the US election, or else Sweden will go to war with Russia?

<WhatIsThis>

Are we predicting in advance that this will be another forever war, and what do you estimate the total cost to the US will be by the end?

"Most likely this a warning to prepare for the event of an insane decision by Americans to elect Trump"

No, just no Everything is not about USA or Trump

Its more about NATO and that Sweden now need to ramp up defense spending and is also talking about increasing the military budget ans size.

Sweden has been cutting military for years and also only had voluntary military service.
Now in a near future the old ways with "mandatory" military service are back.

The threat is not really bigger in Sweden for war. Russia has always been a shitty neighbor.
The only thing that has increased is Russia bitching and a few cyber attacks.

Which bit?

Finland are a NATO member now anyway.

The Domino Theory?

The 60s called. They want their foreign policy back.

Imagine believing Russia might be going to war with Sweden.

They most likely aren't but when it comes to matters of war its best to prepare for the worst while hoping for the best.
Sure, but this leans towards paranoia, not reasonable evaluations of risks.
It's like saying to people living within 10 miles of a powerplant that they have to be prepared for it to blow at any time. While one can say it's a possibility, it's hardly a probability worth building your life around. It's just irresponsible fear-mongering.

Moldova is poor, neutral country and with low ( almost 0 ) foreign investments in mortgage, banking or business sector.
So reactions from west maybe will be even more lazy than after Georgia 2008 th stuff.
They also does have one area controlled by separatists backed by Kremlin.
So here yeah, relatively cheap and easy to finance riots, protests and agents, saboteurs etc...
Especially IF Russia will have land border with Moldova then they are almost for sure done unless will have some Lukashenko No2 as ruler.

If about false sense of security cos this or this...

When I was young and dumb we had some hobby to troll cash collector service guys.

For example once I had did small trick.
Cash/ valuables collecting / transport guys are allowed open carry. And some did job when for example jewellery store is open for clients.
I had dressed like casual potential client and behaved normally and calm.... then I had grabbed handgun from guy's holster ...and placed on vitrine....
They told nothing and we left store without them doing any bare thing.
Next time was different. I didn't had allowed to troll them by pointing on them firearm...and my friend told me to piss off....
This guy had died cos had used too much powder and ....actually he hated me cos I didn't had used meth....

Back