• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Taira+Nakamura=UFC back to Japan in 2025?

Dana's Conscience

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Taira's 24, 15-0, has been a substantial favorite in each of his UFC fights, and recently, he broke into the FLW rankings at #15.

Nakamura has less experience and hasn't faced the best competition, but he's 28, 8-0, has been a big favorite in each of his UFC fights (-1200 this weekend), and well, he's done everything asked of him up to this point. Beyond his elite wrestling, he's also proved that he has one punch knockout power too.

Back to Japan soon?

Maybe if they do end up signing Horiguchi back and also Asakura from Rizin.

All 4 I would think would be enough to entice them to go back to Japan.

Yeah this is the key for me, if they do indeed signing those two I think for sure they'll go back.

Hopefully they sign Shinryu too, even though he lost to Horiguchi he gave him a good run for his money considering his age.

The great Japanese Hopes!

Hope they don't try to rush either guy along too fast (despite his skill set, feel like the Top 15 ranking for Taira is a bit premature). I think a slow build to have both guys fight 2-4 times this year and the be on the main card of an event in Japan in 2025 would be perfect!

Back