Tank vs Black Beast

I do agree about Vitor and Hendo, they are the exception tho. Newton is one of my all time favs but sadly he would not do well in todays game. His wrestling was weak and his standup pretty horrible.

Yeah not at an elite level. Still favour him to beat Sage Northcutt though
And Mickey too lol

Tank might die in this fight. Absolutely no chance he wins.

No 90s fighter would fare well today.

An stiff, old man 45 years old Henderson arguably beat the modern champion not that long ago.
Do you think that geriatric version was better than his 29 years old self?

Last edited:
Way to over analyze a fact.
He said none of the 90s fighters could, Reem is a 90s fighter and doing it. And on top of that he’s his display picture lol

I think you're missing the point, maybe I should have analysed more.

"Reem is a 90s fighter" unless Overeem discovered time travel in the 1990s, no he isn't. The Overeem fighting today is the 2020 Overeem. Current Reem is a product of all the advancements in training there's been since the 90s.

Like the 90s you (if you were alive) has less knowledge than the 2020 you.

You get what I'm saying?

"Reem is a 90s fighter" unless Overeem discovered time travel in the 1990s, no he isn't. The Overeem fighting today is the 2020 Overeem. Current Reem is a product of all the advancements in training there's been since the 90s.

You get what I'm saying?

And despite all of those training advancements, not a single fighter has come out from The Netherlands who would be favoured to beat any version of Overeem since he reached adulthood, long time ago.

By the way an stiff, old man 45 years old Henderson arguably beat the modern champion not that long ago.
Do you think that geriatric version is better than his 29 years old self that was alread fighting in the 90s?

Tank from ufc 17 when he beat Hugo Duarte came in feat shape, show decent wrestling and his usual power.

That version would be a threat to anyone, sadly he took a lot of short notice fights which had a negative affect on his mma record.

Last edited:

You get what I'm saying?
You should just give it a break instead of reaching to such a micro level to reinstate something proven wrong.

Yeah not at an elite level. Still favour him to beat Sage Northcutt though
And Mickey too lol
True, those would be favorable matchups for Newtown. Poor Sage btw, Cosmo really rearranged his face.

True, those would be favorable matchups for Newtown. Poor Sage btw, Cosmo really rearranged his face.

Yeah, crazy that ONE threw him to the wolves in his debut. Cosmo is a world-class striker with ton of experience, and not new to MMA neither.

I just dont think Sage can compete in the elite, much less in the WW divisiion.

I do agree about Vitor and Hendo, they are the exception tho. Newton is one of my all time favs but sadly he would not do well in todays game. His wrestling was weak and his standup pretty horrible.
Well, part of his bad striking was due to the early ufc pushing grappling so that they could avoid getting shut down. I feel that if with the time and no restrictions now he would have been better, maybe

Well, part of his bad striking was due to the early ufc pushing grappling so that they could avoid getting shut down. I feel that if with the time and no restrictions now he would have been better, maybe
To be fair, anyone who can break granite chin Dan Henderson's jaw can't have that bad of striking lol.

Back