Tank vs Black Beast

Tank is way sloppy even compared to Lewis. Easy win for Lewis. No 90s fighter would fare well today.
Not 90s Hendo and Vitor, but late 2000s Hendo and 2013 TRT Vitor yes. Carlos Newton is much too one dimensional as is Matt Hughes.
Funny thing is you have a Reem Display pic and Reem was fighting in the 90s too lol and he is on a nice run in the modern ufc hw division

Funny thing is you have a Reem Display pic and Reem was fighting in the 90s too lol and he is on a nice run in the modern ufc hw division

Yeah but that version of Reem is not the same as todays Reem or 2000s Reem. Just like the Hendo and Vitor of the 90s didnt have the skill set they developed later in life.

You can't attach all the things they learned to their 90s bodies and say they would smash.

The sport evolved and they evolved with it. I doubt 19yr old Vitor could beat 2016 vitor if I'm honest.

I'd rather see what would happen if you put Francis Ngannu vs John Matua. Would the art of bone breaking work? Lol

To be fair, Tank built his legend off of fighting usually lesser skilled and smaller fighters. He was smoked in his UFC comeback.
I don't get how people don't realize that 99% of the fighters back then took Karate classes on weekends or nothing at all. Fighters now train multiple disciplines constantly. Lewis could look like a bjj expert against Tank if he wanted.

People will say Tank because they're stuck in 2005 but Black Beast easy. Not even worth debating.

Tank Abbott had no real skills and even less cardio. Don't get me wrong, I loved watching Tank back in the early days, but he got destroyed by Kimbo! He would get destoyed by any UFC top 10 HW now. If he throws bombs and connects within the first 2 minutes, that is his only chance. The sport has progressed greatly since Tank days, not even close to same caliber of fighter.:cool:

Tank had decent skills for the standards of his times, and huge, raw strenght and power.
But still lost to every single top fighter of the period.

He was both slow as fuck and easily tiring.

Lewis wastes him, not a fair comparison though.

There literally were no standards in his times.

Yes, Lewis waists him

Don’t try to sound smart. Be smart.

Lewis beat Ngannou, he should have an easy time with Tank bar acts of the Just Bleed God.

Prime Tank with no "handcuffs on his lungs" wins easy :)

Come on, really? Black Beast by whatever he wants. And I do mean whatever.

Disagree hendo, vitor, carlos newton i think would all fare well
I do agree about Vitor and Hendo, they are the exception tho. Newton is one of my all time favs but sadly he would not do well in todays game. His wrestling was weak and his standup pretty horrible.

Yeah but that version of Reem is not the same as todays Reem or 2000s Reem. Just like the Hendo and Vitor of the 90s didnt have the skill set they developed later in life.

You can't attach all the things they learned to their 90s bodies and say they would smash.

The sport evolved and they evolved with it. I doubt 19yr old Vitor could beat 2016 vitor if I'm honest.
Way to over analyze a fact.
He said none of the 90s fighters could, Reem is a 90s fighter and doing it. And on top of that he’s his display picture lol

I don't get how people don't realize that 99% of the fighters back then took Karate classes on weekends or nothing at all. Fighters now train multiple disciplines constantly. Lewis could look like a bjj expert against Tank if he wanted.

Just admit you dont have a clue about that era
There were already established professional MMA teams back in the 90s in Brazil, USA, Japan and Russia, at least. Even in Canada or The Netherlands

This fantasy about Karate teachers and bar brawlers is the idea of people who are totally ignorant on the matter

Last edited:
Back