Tap water quality where you live

we can drink out of the tap here but it tastes rank. We have a water filter on the fridge so that makes it quite nice.The water has a high calcium content so its a bugger to wash your car ( especially mine which is black) as it leaves spots on it if you dont wipe it dry quick enough. Looking at a filter at the meter which should fix that .
Its quite a thing in Australia to have water tanks to collect water but fuck drinking that , coming off the gutters , god knows whats in it once its been through the leaves and all the possum shit and piss on the roof, in our case anyway.

Perfect that I can tell. Never had any issue with water quality where I live.

Mine passes through 6 - 7 people before it gets to me........it's got to be clean by then????

Bonus is there's so much female hormones in the water you don't have worry about getting women pregnant..... Because your sex drive is through the floor.......

My tap water is excellent despite the fact...and I shit you not...it comes from a body of water called Hemlock Lake.

Last edited:
Do toxins magically vanish after boiling? I thought you have to filter that.

The way my uneductaed, but I'm gonna try to explain anyway, understanding works is that if it's bacterial, you can boil and kill almost all of it making it safe to drink. If it's chemical, then it depends on the boiling point of the contaminant. Methanol for example has a boiling point of 65C. If you live near a shitbag chemical company that was polluting the township water with this, heating the water to 65C or more for 5+ minutes would strip off the Methanol, and make it ok to drink. If it's those PFOA's or whatever that Dupont shit was, then you're screwed and probably do need a specialized micron filter to clean it up if that would even work?

I do have an inline carbon filter for the kitchen sink which definitely removed the heavy chlorine smell prior to this and even the wet dog smell now, but still boiling to be sure until further notice.

Do toxins magically vanish after boiling? I thought you have to filter that.

Boiling is mostly to kill bacterial overgrowth.

"Toxins" is a broad term that can include overgrowth of toxic bacteria, but also other toxins that are not heat sensitive like lead, arsenic etc.

If the county is advising boiling the tap water, it's usually bacteria counts that are too high.

Water is for pussies
BnygkctCAAIqxgB.jpg:large

One day I was talking to a Waster Waste Management guy
And he tossed me this nugget:
If does not matter how clean your water source is, if its been run through a bunch of old dirty pipes.

Lately I’ve been thinking about getting some type of filter
I drink mad tap water
But I’m in western Canada so it’s way better than any tap water I have tasted in the USA or other.

We got a letter yesterday that our town failed it's water test last December (lead and copper). Thanks for the quick notification, assholes.

My tap water here isn't that bad, around 125 TDS. I have a RO/DI system to make water for my reef tank so I split a line out after the RO filter, before the DI resin that runs to my refrigerator for drinking water and ice. It drops the water down to around 5 TDS.

125tds is a FW neocaradina (cherry) shrimp keepers dream. That’s perfect.
I use ro/di and remineralize with a Salty Shrimp product to get back to 125tds on my shrimp tank.
Do you get your stuff from Bulk Reef Supply?

One day I was talking to a Waster Waste Management guy
And he tossed me this nugget:
If does not matter how clean your water source is, if its been run through a bunch of old dirty pipes.

Lately I’ve been thinking about getting some type of filter
I drink mad tap water
But I’m in western Canada so it’s way better than any tap water I have tasted in the USA or other.

You can get a countertop filter for like $40usd.
Just pay attention to what you buy. The filter I linked to uses the same standard 2.5”x10” housing that’s used for those under sink filters. A replacement filter can be bought anywhere, including Canadian Tire, for less than $10.

I feel bad for people who have to drink city water. Shits bad for you. If you need evidence try to grow pot with it

I only drink rainwater which i have near me, it has 1 TDS and most important is that you know and feel when you drink it, it's really fresh and energetic. I sometimes go to the woods near me, i have fresh spring water there, also amazing.

Reverse Osmosis is good for cities, TDS drops to 10, and it's soft and cleaner, but there is no freshness or energy, you just feel the difference compared to rainwater or spring water which revives you.

Last edited:
Back