News Team Oliveira turned down Makhachev rematch at UFC 283 due to ‘emotional stress,’ says coach

Would be disastrous to take this fight again so soon. He needs time. Why were they even offering it to him? I thought it was gonna be Volk vs the winner no matter what?

Yeah something seems fucky about that.

Reactions: HHJ
An instant rematch? For Oliveira? What a joke. The UFC should just put a bullet between Beneil Dariush's eyes at this point.
Easy tiger. It was probably a negotiating tactic by ufc

Reactions: HHJ
So the UFC first fucked him by making him fight Islam in Abu Dhabi, then fucked him again by offering a rematch finally in Rio but only on 2 months notice after he got dropped and choked out?

Jesus Christ, they really do hate him.

Beniel needs to fuckin make a case for it. Money Moicano wouldnt just sit there and let guys skip him on the line. He has kids to HAZE.
Tbh I'd say his last few performances speak for him.
The dude is on the second longest win streak in the division and has beaten enough top guys for that shot.

I do feel that he should probably do better with post-fight interviews in terms of promoting himself and what's next, but at this point he should be for sure fighting against the Islam/Volk winner after UFC 284.

Tbh I'd say his last few performances speak for him.
The dude is on the second longest win streak in the division and has beaten enough top guys for that shot.

I do feel that he should probably do better with post-fight interviews in terms of promoting himself and what's next, but at this point he should be next for sure against the Islam/Volk winner.
Yeah all those things are true,but Volk just barged in and took it,and he just let him. He needs to be more like Volk. You cant stay quiet at this top level.

Yeah all those things are true,but Volk just barged in and took it,and he just let him. He needs to be more like Volk. You cant stay quiet at this top level.
Agreed.
Volk knew how to play the game, that's all there is to it. He was more vocal in wanting that second strap and showed how much he wanted it by coming in as a back-up.

I feel if Beneil dropped a decent callout to the Charles/Islam winner that night after beating Gamrot than there would've been a high chance that we would've seen that fight instead.

it's only good if he actually has it in him to change his strategy, refine/learn new tactics and approaches the fight in a totally different manner. otherwise, it doesn't really matter how long he waits.

Agreed.
Volk knew how to play the game, that's all there is to it. He was more vocal in wanting that second strap and showed how much he wanted it by coming in as a back-up.

I feel if Beneil dropped a decent callout to the Charles/Islam winner that night after beating Gamrot than there would've been a high chance that we would've seen that fight instead.
Like Khabib when he said "Irish 6 Million Russia 150 Million" the gauntlet was thrown.

You knew there was no ignoring that at all. Shit done changed.

Would be disastrous to take this fight again so soon. He needs time. Why were they even offering it to him? I thought it was gonna be Volk vs the winner no matter what?

They most likely offered cause 283 doesn’t look too hot. They probably offered to boost ppv buys

Understandable, and man ufc are desperate for name value on this card, Aldo is retired, Charles is taking a break to the new year, and I doubt Glover wants to fight anyone at the moment

"Emotional stress" ?

Islam broke him

CreepyWideeyedFoal-size_restricted.gif

CriminalBouncyHapuka-size_restricted.gif

Islam said before fight that charles quits when things get tough and that its deep inside him and cant be fixed.

JFC, what is it with UFC and immediate rematches?!
<DisgustingHHH>

Reactions: Kb7
"Emotional stress" ?

Islam broke him

CreepyWideeyedFoal-size_restricted.gif

CriminalBouncyHapuka-size_restricted.gif

Islam said before fight that charles quits when things get tough and that its deep inside him and cant be fixed.

It seems like getting knocked down from standing is ok. But once he gets hurt on the ground...
A!so, pretty quick tap? Not much resistance?
Great choke, like Lesnar on Carwin.

Back