Economy Ted Cruz trolling says Biden is pro Russian. Biden ends sanctions on German Russian gas pipeline

The us left the Paris agreement is is the worlds second largest polluter. They should stfu about climate and gas lines that are none of their business
Biden got us back in it

Cancel keystone….approve nord. Biden is a traitor.

The Keystone XL pipeline would have shipped Canadian oil to be sold overseas. It doesn't benefit Americans.
The US takes all the environmental risk for no reward. If we're going to take the environmental risk of a pipeline crossing our waterways that millions rely on, at least build a pipeline that benefits Americans.

What is all this nonsense? I don't care if this helps Germany. It helps Russia most of all, and Russia is not our ally.

Step outside your partisan nitwittery long enough to see that. The USA should be opposing this pipeline.

Absolutely.

The Keystone XL pipeline would have shipped Canadian oil to be sold overseas. It doesn't benefit Americans.
The US takes all the environmental risk for no reward. If we're going to take the environmental risk of a pipeline crossing our waterways that millions rely on, at least build a pipeline that benefits Americans.
All of that oil was being shipped to Nebraska for refinement, anyway. Know how it got there? By truck.

Trucks have a much higher spill/contamination rate per gallon of crude than oils do. It's just a death by a thousand cuts.

All of that oil was being shipped to Nebraska for refinement, anyway. Know how it got there? By truck.

Trucks have a much higher spill/contamination rate per gallon of crude than oils do. It's just a death by a thousand cuts.

What refinery are they transporting this oil to in Nebraska?

Biden got us back in it
Now start living up to it before trying to police everyone else. The only reason China pollutes more than the us is size and numbers. Every American still pollutes like 3-4 Chinese manlets on a pr capita base

That pipeline was 95% build anyway.
And keep your greasy fingers off our gas sources in the Future, you fat murican bastards.

What refinery are they transporting this oil to in Nebraska?
Excuse me, Illinois, Texas, and Oklahoma.

From 2007 when the project was in the nascent stages:
https://www.minneapolisfed.org/article/2007/pipelines-to-feed-the-beast
Pipe(line) dreams
Canada is already the world's eighth largest supplier of oil at about 2.5 million barrels of production daily, a majority of which comes from conventional oil sources, and most of which gets pumped to the United States. Thousands of miles of pipeline already snake through the country and the Ninth District, carrying that oil to Midwest and Gulf refineries.

But Canada has huge crude reserves in oil sand deposits. This tarlike oil has only recently become economical to process, thanks to high oil prices and technological advances. Experts believe oil sands production could help Canadian output triple in the fairly near future. Much of that would likely be destined for U.S. refineries—assuming there is pipeline capacity; oil transport infrastructure is already strained without the prospect of new production. In response, several major new and expanded pipeline proposals are in the works to significantly expand capacity to help Canadian as well as district oil producers get their product to market.

Separately, and example of how they ship that oil when constrained by pipeline limitations as they were forced to more recently due to the well-meaning but practically ignorant pipeline protests-- 2018:
Facing shipping constraints, Canada moving oil one truckload at a time
WINNIPEG, Manitoba/VANCOUVER (Reuters) - At an Alberta oil loading terminal, a convoy of big rigs are gearing up to haul Canadian crude oil hundreds of miles through bone dry fields across the U.S. border into Montana, where the oil will be transferred to pipelines and rail cars headed south and west.

Trucks loaded with crude are an increasingly common sight at the border. Production has risen in the world’s fifth largest producer but full pipelines and a rail car shortage have made it difficult for drillers to ship oil out of Canada.

Some oil producers are feeling the pressure from customers. Alberta-based Gear Energy Ltd pumps about 7,500 barrels of oil equivalent per day, and recently had an Asian customer walk away from an agreement to buy crude after failing to secure a way to ship oil to the West Coast...

But Canada’s oil industry faces significant challenges, not the least of which are high production costs, remote oil fields and, perhaps most pressing, the shipping bottlenecks. So significant are the problems that a number of oil majors have withdrawn from Canada...

Frustrated and fearful of missing out on the rebound in prices, drillers are increasingly relying on trucks to move oil to the market. Crude exports from Canada by road nearly tripled from 2015 to 2017, and continued to rise in the first two months of 2018, according to StatsCan data provided to Reuters.

However, a truck can only carry 200 barrels of oil, compared with 60,000 barrels in one unit train, or nearly 600,000 per day on the Keystone Pipeline - the equivalent of 3,000 trucks. Each one of those trucks needs a driver and enough fuel to carry crude over long distances. Moving crude by truck is at least 10 times more expensive on a mile-for-mile basis compared with rail or pipeline.

“We have demand for 50,000 bpd and we can move about a fifth of that,” said Jarrett Zielinski, chief executive of Torq Energy Logistics, an Alberta company that owns rail loading facilities and 275 trucks.

Not only is the rate of spills astronomically higher relative to the volume shipped, but the trucks themselves burn a ridiculous amount of fossil fuels just to move the crude, and that is burned in our atmosphere contributing to our air quality PPM decline. They are far, far less efficient. They are used to transport the oil to trains which are also less efficient.

Furthermore, ironically, as the Wiki notes, Canadian labor leaders originally protested this pipeline:
October 2007 The Communications, Energy and Paperworkers Union of Canada asked the Canadian federal government to block regulatory approvals for the pipeline, with union president Dave Coles stating "the Keystone pipeline will exclusively serve US markets, create a permanent employment for very few Canadians, reduce our energy security, and hinder investment and job creation in the Canadian energy sector".

Excuse me, Illinois, Texas, and Oklahoma.

From 2007 when the project was in the nascent stages:
https://www.minneapolisfed.org/article/2007/pipelines-to-feed-the-beast

Separately, and example of how they ship that oil when constrained by pipeline limitations as they were forced to more recently due to the well-meaning but practically ignorant pipeline protests-- 2018:
Facing shipping constraints, Canada moving oil one truckload at a time

Not only is the rate of spills astronomically higher relative to the volume shipped, but the trucks themselves burn a ridiculous amount of fossil fuels just to move the crude, and that is burned in our atmosphere contributing to our air quality PPM decline. They are far, far less efficient. They are used to transport the oil to trains which are also less efficient.

Furthermore, ironically, as the Wiki notes, Canadian labor leaders originally protested this pipeline:

If you want to play the pollution card, every step along the way from extraction to the byproducts of tar sands are way more damaging than oil from North Dakota, Texas, etc. Tar sands are one dirtiest and environmentally destructive fuel sources out there. It's full of toxic metals like mercury, benzene, lead, and arsenic. These things are being found downstream from tailings ponds, poisoning Canadian citizens. We're unnecessarily causing more pollution in the US as well by shipping this shitty Canadian oil in.

We have enough oil in this country to not need to pipe this junk into our country. American oil first, American jobs first.

This is what tar sands mining looks like btw.
tar_sands.jpg

vs.

usnd57120.jpeg

If you want to play the pollution card, every step along the way from extraction to the byproducts of tar sands are way more damaging than oil from North Dakota, Texas, etc. Tar sands are one dirtiest and environmentally destructive fuel sources out there. It's full of toxic metals like mercury, benzene, lead, and arsenic. These things are being found downstream from tailings ponds, poisoning Canadian citizens. We're unnecessarily causing more pollution in the US as well by shipping this shitty Canadian oil in.

We have enough oil in this country to not need to pipe this junk into our country. American oil first, American jobs first.

This is what tar sands mining looks like btw.
tar_sands.jpg

vs.

usnd57120.jpeg
Canada stands the most to benefit economically. That's their decision.

Your previous logic was that Americans inherited an environmental risk without adequate compensation. Now that I've pointed out we suffer worse pollution without the pipeline, in the USA, you shift the goalposts to complaining about the extraction of the oil itself; which, to go further, has nothing to do with the mode of delivery of the oil itself. It occurs either way.

So he's helping Russia / Germany with their pipeline and fucking over Canada /USA pipeline in the name of environmentalism?(which is bs since pipelines are the safest way to transport oil)

Trump did more against Russia than Obama.

This propaganda about Republicans being "Pro-Russia" has been debunked so many times, but the lockstep zombie Leftists continue to repeat it. I don't know if they are stupid, gullible, dishonest or all of the aforementioned.

Canada stands the most to benefit economically. That's their decision.

Your previous logic was that Americans inherited an environmental risk without adequate compensation. Now that I've pointed out we suffer worse pollution without the pipeline, in the USA, you shift the goalposts to complaining about the extraction of the oil itself; which, to go further, has nothing to do with the mode of delivery of the oil itself. It occurs either way.

When we refine this shitty Canadian oil in the US, it's causes more pollution. When it's piped, trucked, sent on train, etc we're putting the US at more risk of pollution when spilled vs American oil. When this shitty oil in shipped in, it's taking away American jobs that could be had extracting American oil.
My point Madmick is that we don't need to be importing this shitty, more toxic Canadian oil into our country.

Biden sucking off dictators. Typical.

You now know why he chose Kamala as his V.P. Birds of a feather....

Cancun Cruz is a pathetic, pathetic creature. His recent op-ed where he openly talked about his corruption deserved much more attention:

"Republicans usually shrug their shoulders, call these companies 'job creators,' and start to cut their taxes. Not this time...This time, we won’t look the other way on Coca-Cola’s $12 billion in back taxes owed. This time, when Major League Baseball lobbies to preserve its multibillion-dollar antitrust exception, we’ll say no thank you. This time, when Boeing asks for billions in corporate welfare, we’ll simply let the Export-Import Bank expire...We’ve allowed them to ship jobs overseas, attack gun rights, and destroy our energy companies...In my nine years in the Senate, I’ve received $2.6 million in contributions from corporate political-action committees...For too long, woke CEOs have been fair-weather friends to the Republican Party: They like us until the left’s digital pitchforks come out. Then they run away...To them I say: When the time comes that you need help with a tax break or a regulatory change, I hope the Democrats take your calls, because we may not. Starting today, we won’t take your money either."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/your-woke-money-is-no-good-here-11619649421

^^^ This is what is called a Logical Fallacy. It is an Attack on the Source logical fallacy, that 100% ignores the actual topic. It is a debate loser and simply an attempt to derail the thread, because the poster has nothing to dispute the actual topic.

Notice the word "pipeline" appears nowhere in this troll's post. Is it alright for us to derail threads like this? It's the #2 post in the thread and doesn't even touch the topic.

When we refine this shitty Canadian oil in the US, it's causes more pollution. When it's piped, trucked, sent on train, etc we're putting the US at more risk of pollution when spilled vs American oil. When this shitty oil in shipped in, it's taking away American jobs that could be had extracting American oil.
My point Madmick is that we don't need to be importing this shitty, more toxic Canadian oil into our country.
Yes, you are anti-fracking, duh. I gleaned this was your real motivation when I dismantled your opposition argument.

Just say that. Don't obfuscate it behind a disingenuous, illogical, inaccurate argument against the pipeline's existence.

Yes, you are anti-fracking, duh. I gleaned this was your real motivation when I dismantled your opposition argument.

Just say that. Don't obfuscate it behind a disingenuous, illogical, inaccurate argument against the pipeline's existence.

Now you're just spewing bullshit.
If I was against fracking, why would I have said "We have enough oil in this country to not need to pipe this junk into our country. American oil first, American jobs first." In the past on this forum, I've been anti tar sands and pro American oil. I've even stated on here that one of the dumbest things ND has done, which is my state, was not building a state refinery when the Bakken boom started. I've also stated on here that we need to build a Bakken pipeline, not an oil sands pipeline.
I've actually worked in the Bakken and I've worked on locations when there was fracking going on. There's over 300 wells in the Bakken that I've built pads for. I was the first one to break ground on these new locations before they even came in and did the rat & mouse holes. Do you even know what a rat & mouse hole is? For you to accuse me of being anti fracking is bullshit and untrue.
$10 says you wouldn't even know the difference between an oil rig and a cell phone tower.

As you know there's a big push from the right, which you usually side with, for American energy independence. How is importing Canadian tar sands oil working towards that American energy independence? American oil first, American jobs first. Remember?

Back