Teh Chris wins, thoughts on the multiple eyepokes? *** MERGED ***

If this isn't overturned, its complete BS

It was announced on the broadcast that the commission did not declare it a TKO, rather that the eye poke meant the fight had to be scored up to that point.

Chris clearly won the first 2 rounds - even if there was a point deduction he still wins.

Not a great ending to the fight and you hate to see it, but Bruno should absolutely NOT have crumbled to the ground and rolled around. That is the wrong move and was likely the difference in getting a point deduction, 5 minutes to recover and continuing to fight, and losing on the spot.

WHAT THE HELL
this is not acceptable. double eye poke ruled as a KO?

fuck the UFC. Really. FUCK IT

The garbage ref is employed by the commission, not the UFC.

Bisping was really shitty, and I'm not even picky when it comes to this stuff.

We weren't even 20 seconds into the fight and Bisping was already creating this narrative that the leg break was in Chris' head. Bisping didn't even know which leg Chris had broken, embarrassing stuff.

Chris has been openly, publicly stating its in his head. This isn't some secret, he's been talking about it in interviews.

FFS in his literal post fight interview he said he was afraid to throw kicks in his last fight.

If you go back to the PBP thread where Weidman broke his leg I just commented "HAHAHAH" as it happened and I don't take that back

Most unlikeable UFC fighter I've ever seen. Guy runs around with his hands up after a leg break win and shits on Bruno for having the audacity to get eye poked 4 times

The garbage ref is employed by the commission, not the UFC.

In full speed / real time, there is no way you catch both of those pokes, because I didn't and we had a perfect view from HD cameras.

Bruno absolutely crumbled to the ground like he got starched.

The commission reviewed it and called back the TKO, and judged the fight up to that point. Chris still wins, but doesn't get a TKO. Sucks, but a decision win for Chris is how that fight ended.

Chris has been openly, publicly stating its in his head. This isn't some secret, he's been talking about it in interviews.

FFS in his literal post fight interview he said he was afraid to throw kicks in his last fight.
I'm aware of that.

In the opening seconds of the fight Chris lifts his LEAD leg, Bisping saw that and tried to equate that to Chris' leg break on his REAR leg. It made no sense whatsoever, and showed Bisping wasn't paying attention to what leg Chris was even using during the fight.

His fellow commentators then mention that Chris threw his rear leg at Bruno right in the opening seconds of the fight, proving the opposite.

Nobody knows what Weidman was thinking in the fight, just commentate on the fight and leave the nonsensical narratives out of it for at least 60 seconds. At the end of the day what Bisping said made no sense. It's the equivalent of me throwing a left jab and you saying I'm still thinking about my broken right hand from years ago.

Last edited:
I just can't get over him still bringing his kids. How many times have they been close by watching him get kilt?

Nah your just mad he emasculated and knocked out Anderson and beat the living shit out of him twice

As unfortunate as all the poking was and as much as I enjoy seeing Teh Chris get murked on the reg, it was good to see him do decent tonight.

He looked super tentative which is still normal, but his confidence started to rise the longer the fight went. I wish he did more with his hands, but this was a good showing considering everything.

I don't mind seeing him fight again. If I'm in his corner, he needs to adopt a grappling heavy strategy going fwd. Use strikes to set up his TDs, then work on the subs. His chin is gone but his ground game is still lethal. He just needs to use it more.
His chin was good and held up. He stumbled once barely and fell off balance another time.

Back