Social Texas utility company remotely turning off AC in people's homes during heatwave

“We don’t want the government that we vote for to regulate our lives, we want private companies who only care about profit and aren’t elected by us to regulate us!”

-The Great State of Texas
We have seen that Texas law makers are full of shit when they say they’re against regulations anyways. They do it to protect their interest groups all the time. They love passing regulations within the state, they’re just against it when the Federal government does it.

Where is the government looking? Why should ordinary people suffer because of the heat, especially in TEXAS!? I don't understand them. They decided to save money or something. I will have to read the reasons for this incident on the Internet because I am losing. I write in this manner because I lived in Texas and I know how hot it is there, especially in summer, and you can't live there without air conditioning. I remember once he refused to work, and I already thought he was broken, and I did not know what to do. My head ached all day from the heat. It's good that I have friends with marvellous.sg who are engaged in repairing and cleaning the air conditioner, and they quickly helped me. Otherwise, I would have suffocated.

Last edited:
How about we not give people control over our lives in return for a stupid ass sweepstakes. Texan here. I don’t give a fuck how well you say any government is run. Just trot down to the post office around 10:00am and watch their clerks take a break while 50 people stand in line. During the cold snap I loaded 2 cords of wood into my living room, wood roaches, scorpions and all. I’ll be damned if I’m going to let a government agency decide if I stay warm. For the record, about 2 hours after I Paul Bunyoned the wood, the snow began. About 2 hours later the electricity was cut off-and my Generac Guardian kicked in 10 seconds later. Then the damned neighborhood watch came by and asked if I would disconnect my generator and take a extension cord (they brought with them) and connect my elderly neighbor’s house up so she wouldn’t freeze and could keep her oxygen generator going. I said fuck no. I’ll do better than that. Me and my son will move her old ass in here with us. Me, my warm wife, my college age son who came home because his electricity was cut off and my two hyper vigilant working line border collies. Yeah, one big happy family. I told them I hope she’s not bashful because my collie dogs are right off the farm (froze out there too) and when she gets in here they’re going to get right in her grill and make some serious eye contact. Probably hoping she makes a move so they can practice working cows. They crawfished just like I thought they would and said they’d take her to a local retirement home. The retirement home as they called it is actually a 5 star hotel resort and golf course but whatever. I’m not going to let an old widow freeze but she’s called animal control and the police because my dogs ride in the back of my pickup. So I make it a habit to throw their ball into her yard so they can tear up her petunias grabbing that ball and a mouthful of flowers while they’re at it. Also for the record, during the height of the freeze, it was a balmy 72 in my house. Radios and televisions blaring and me in the garage with the lights on, portable heater going and the door rolled up while whopping on my heavy bag. Yeah it was cold but I wasn’t. Neither was my family, and neither were my dogs. I’m glad my dogs didn’t understand the conversation with the watch because they’d have realized they missed an opportunity and would have been very dissatisfied.

Delayed because I missed this but well played. This is how it should always be.

You cant have Freedoms if you are cool. Heat brings MuH Freedoms.

That's why I have no "smart" devices.

But also: 78 degrees =/= "unbearably hot" lol

mmm this is a tough one.

but you gotta think of greater good here.

you know they have a mapped out diagram that shows greatest consumption etc.

if there are people that are intentionally overdoing it without regard - nix their ability to do so.

That's why I have no "smart" devices.

But also: 78 degrees =/= "unbearably hot" lol

Came here to say this lol. So many are used to cranking their thermostats down to 68. Today got up to 102 heat index, have my AC on 77.

I hope your air conditioner is not completely out of order. Because replacing the entire air conditioner will be expensive, well, if you do not have a guarantee
My dad was a construction worker and told me never buy anything more than 10yrs old. I didn't listen on my first house and was like that movie the money pit lol. ofc both A/Cs went out plus mold problems and we spent like 121K when all said and done... Anyway I stick by 10 yr rule from now on . Cars, houses or any major purchase.

Lmao. Very easy solution, get rid if your wifi stat. Most are junk anyways

Ercot lifted there energy conservation requests this afternoon

Anyone that has something like this or an Alexus, wireless cameras services etc are just asking for stupid shit to happen to them
Exactly.
Internet of things my fucking ass

Back