Social The 20 Dirtiest Jobs in the World (2023)

Out of these dirty jobs - Which 5 are the worst?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here's the top 5. You can see the rest of them in the link below.

https://www.familyhandyman.com/list/the-dirtiest-jobs-in-the-world/

shutterstock_475164925-1200x1200.jpg

Sewer Inspector

Sewer inspectors have a tough job, to say the least, and it can certainly get messy at times. When things get clogged or tree roots start growing into sewers, sewer inspectors get called in to clean it up.

shutterstock_477667492-1200x1200.jpg

Pig Slop Processor

Buffet food from Las Vegas and other places gets transformed into pig slop. Plastic, glass and other items have to get separated from the trashed food that comes in. The leftovers get recooked into a slop. The process was featured on an episode of Dirty Jobs.

shutterstock_1050344888-1200x1200.jpg

Blood Worm Hunter

Blood worm hunters head to mud flats where they sift through the mud to find bloodworms, which anglers like to use as bait. Hunters can make a few hundred dollars in one day if they have a good haul, but the work is tough. Hunters will work year-round to harvest the worms.

FH15MAY_558_06_056-1200x1200.jpg

Seal Coater

Seal coating is just plain old messy work when you get right down to it. The seal coating can get under fingernails and stick to skin exceptionally well, making it a chore to clean off after the work is done

shutterstock_153357863-1200x1200.jpg

Crime Scene Cleaner

It’s probably not always like a scene out of Dexter but you can imagine a crime scene cleaner has a tough job. They have to decontaminate scenes and deal with bodily fluids, not to mention any kind of odors that might arise.

Huh. I don't know what professional Crime Scene Cleaners have to complain about. At least they get paid when they clear up all the blood, human waste etc.

Oh. Perhaps I've said too much...:oops:

I used to create maps of sewer systems for a surveying company.

Going in sewers in gross. I used to flip manhole lids and go inside to take measurements on the regular.

But crime scene cleanup is a lot grosser. I have a friend that owns a cleanup business and he shows me pictures that blow my mind. I can't even look at them half the time. I can't imagine the smell.

I used to create maps of sewer systems for a surveying company.

Going in sewers in gross. I used to flip manhole lids and go inside to take measurements on the regular.

But crime scene cleanup is a lot grosser. I have a friend that owns a cleanup business and he shows me pictures that blow my mind. I can't even look at them half the time. I can't imagine the smell.

That's crazy, it's that bad eh? Dead bodies rotting is a much worse smell than sewage I guess?

Extremely well paid, but for the money i'm giving her, i'm pissing in her mouth and taking a shit on her big fake rack.

nDSnDzB.jpg

I worked as a nurse in a retirement home for some time and some fat retarted lady in a crane shit on my shoe while washing her.

That's crazy, it's that bad eh? Dead bodies rotting is a much worse smell than sewage I guess?

Sewers flow and aren't filled with shit all the time. Many of them just have water runoff flowing through them. We would pump in fresh air if needed and only be down them for a minute or so at the most.

Did you fill her with uppercuts?
Nah, she didn't do it on purpose. I just cleaned my shoe and drank a beer on the balcony after. Now I'm becoming a teacher for art and ethics in an elemtary school.

Retirement homes are sad, sad places. No need to put any more punishment on these forgotten and abandoned souls.

What was the name of that mayor lady in the states who fell into the town septic tank? Apparently it was basically quicksand viscosity and she could not get out and asphyxiated

Cleaning crime scene is a tough job definitely. Urine and poop may come out of bodies that's been sitting for a while. Decomposing body also have been described to smell worse than poop. Now you combine all those nasty things it's gonna be hard.

Not to mention the psychological effect it has on you for just seeing dead bodies etc.

Not sure I could handle the psychological impact of regularly dealing with victims of violent crime. That must take a toll.

The smell wouldn't bother me at all: there's a genetic quirk that passes down through the male line of my family. Every second generation or so, one of us is born without any sense of smell at all. This generation, it's me.

@Wetarmpits I forgot to ask, but what was the worst part about working in the retirement home? Is the poop the worst or was there anything that bothered you more?
Worst by far were some of the co-workers.
Then probably some states of those old fucks. Especially if they have dementia or are on death bed hallucinating, screaming and using their used diaper as a pillow.

I didn't mind the poop, open wounds where you can see bones, rotting mouths etc. that much.

Cleaning crime scene is a tough job definitely. Urine and poop may come out of bodies that's been sitting for a while. Decomposing body also have been described to smell worse than poop. Now you combine all those nasty things it's gonna be hard.

Not to mention the psychological effect it has on you for just seeing dead bodies etc.

Seen a lot of dead bodies on the internet but seeing dead bodies that have decomposed in water is always disturbing. I can't imagine having to clean that kind of shit up

Back