News The 2020 Likepocalypse

Zki6LEk.gif

Alright, here's the deal man. Tech has reset Like counters to zero. They did this because the system was getting too clogged up - you may have noticed serious browsing issues the last few months, and this is why.

Please don't e-suicide your accounts because of this. We know this sucks, and that they meant a lot to some of you, but it was either this or have a janky forum. Parent company went with the former.

Tech has also implemented a limiter for standard accounts, where posters should only be able to like a certain number of posts each day. This also applies to profile posts and comments as well.

Direct quote from Tech:

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/likes-purge.4110639/
This is the darkest day in Sherhistory.

Alright, here's the deal man. Tech has reset Like counters to zero. They did this because the system was getting too clogged up - you may have noticed serious browsing issues the last few months, and this is why.

Please don't e-suicide your accounts because of this. We know this sucks, and that they meant a lot to some of you, but it was either this or have a janky forum. Parent company went with the former.

Tech has also implemented a limiter for standard accounts, where posters should only be able to like a certain number of posts each day. This also applies to profile posts and comments as well.

Direct quote from Tech:

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/likes-purge.4110639/
This is so surprising...

Wow, this means the regular like abusers (I still love those people) can't spam click their like button during the live thread during UFC events. Whelp there goes keeping above a 1:1 ratio.

Well I dont "Like" any of you.

So how many likes do we get per day now?

RIP 78,000+ likes.

Ah' well. I actually...LIKE that this will get rid of the like spammers. Now you must think "Do I actually like this post, or am I just being a pile on dork?"

25 likes per day. Choose them wisely...

So, this is Wadtucket's fault?

Just get rid of them. The worst posts on this board are always transparent like-bait attempts. It would genuinely improve the quality of the discussions going on, if they were gone.

Look at The War Room, easily over half the posts in that place are from people who are just trying to get likes from their team. Without that, all that's left is conversation.

You should have gone with.... we were hacked. They left a message that said "All your Like belong to us".

"Too many likes make our system unstable"... is SUPER fucking weak. It wasn't the avalanche of spammy ads, no, no, it was the massive resource hog known as the like system.

Either monumentally bad coding, or complete bullshit.

This sucks, weak, not that I care much

We prefer to urge moderation. And the limiter that Tech installed will help.
What's the point? Moderation + time = too much, it's an inevitability. Just remove it, now's a better time than any.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pavy
Back