The 2023 Heavies' Awards: Shonuf Award (Mod of the Year) - WINNER: Jackonfire

All the mods here are great, its really is a thankless job.

I gave my 2 votes to @Substance Abuse and @PurpleStorm

@helax deserves more credit for all that he does as well, but it wouldn’t let me choose 3 :/
I tried to choose 5 !!
Big Ups to all the mods, they are uniformly efficient, polite, they know when to be tough and when to soft-pedal a bit, it's genuinely a great team of hombres keeping these high-traffic forums running smoothly.

Congratulations @Jackonfire for winning 2023 Moderator of the Year!

It is well deserved. Thank you for all you do here at sherdog. Hosting the entertaining Play By Play discussions. Leading informative weigh in and post fight discussions. Hosting my favorite threads in the Jukebox: the Bakers Dozen Music Game and the What Are You Listening To threads.

Consistent, informed and good natured. Contributing on the boards and behind the scenes. You always make it seem effortless. As a buddy you're a lifesaver when I have questions or share personal up and downs. You're my brother from another mothership.

Thanks to all the moderators who help create a good atmosphere. And all the posters who make it a crazy hilarious place!

Big congratulations to @Jackonfire

Jack was the very first mod I ever interacted with when I joined, and was one of the first people here that chatted me up and made me feel welcome. He has made the PBP threads the best place on the forum to be, and is a great asset to Sherdog.

Congrats!
<GinJuice>

@Jackonfire

You're always putting in work behind the scenes. Subtle, wise and always demonstrating a deft hand when it comes to handling an issue or offering advice, you rarely get the credit you've earned. Cheers, Shermod. You definitely deserve this.

@Jackonfire

wjqO41.gif

Thanks everyone who voted. It really does mean a lot to be recognized among my peers. I know it sounds cliche but its true, its a team effort modding on Sherdog and I couldn't do what I do without the help of everyone on staff. We really do have a great community here and I'm so glad this place exists. Hard to believe I've been here for nearly 15 years now. Long live Sherdog.

tv8ymtK.gif

gif by the legendary @bigwaverider

Thanks everyone who voted. It really does mean a lot to be recognized among my peers. I know it sounds cliche but its true, its a team effort modding on Sherdog and I couldn't do what I do without the help of everyone on staff. We really do have a great community here and I'm so glad this place exists. Hard to believe I've been here for nearly 15 years now. Long live Sherdog.

tv8ymtK.gif

gif by the legendary @bigwaverider
Nice job, Son....

giphy.gif

tumblr_msimst8KgY1shtg7lo1_400.gif

JD_FIRE_ANimation_v1.gif

@Jackonfire

You're always putting in work behind the scenes. Subtle, wise and always demonstrating a deft hand when it comes to handling an issue or offering advice, you rarely get the credit you've earned. Cheers, Shermod. You definitely deserve this.

Praise from you is praise indeed! (I guess you don’t hand out praise Willy nilly lol) Tbf @Jackonfire has been ace as have most of you!

I voted @helax and @Zebra Cheeks for the interactions I’ve had with them directly or indirectly in the pBp and cycling forums. Big up boys!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back