• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Television The Anime and Manga Thread: 10th Anniversary Edition (old version, use new thread)

Anybody feel like giving me some suggestions? I'd really like to read something with 300+ chapters. Completed or ongoing is fine, and I'll even consider doing rereads if it's something I enjoyed previously. I'm just tired of reading 20-40 chapters and then having to bookmark the series and wait for more chapters; I currently have more than 100 series that I follow as they update.

Just watched My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising last night. What a fucking ending.

6d37c84f55a68384dccc78888e991139b693cdaa.gifv

For real!

Made it through Two Heroes today too - it did have its moments! That wrapped up the last of the MHA I hadn't seen. Good show :)

I started watching Akira, but I'm not sure if I can get into its style.

6d37c84f55a68384dccc78888e991139b693cdaa.gifv

For real!

Made it through Two Heroes today too - it did have its moments! That wrapped up the last of the MHA I hadn't seen. Good show :)

Yeah next season should be out early next year. Can't wait.

I've been filling my time with Gintama which after the first 30 or so episodes simply gets funnier and funnier.

Yeah next season should be out early next year. Can't wait.

I've been filling my time with Gintama which after the first 30 or so episodes simply gets funnier and funnier.

It seems like it would be a lot of fun

Maybe it picks up steam as it gets going, idk.
Someone saId they tried to pack too much content in that film. So while the story isn't the most coherent the animation and artwork is miles above even for the current standard. Maybe they expect manga readers to catch on quick but non-readers probably have the same opinion as ours.

Anybody feel like giving me some suggestions? I'd really like to read something with 300+ chapters. Completed or ongoing is fine, and I'll even consider doing rereads if it's something I enjoyed previously. I'm just tired of reading 20-40 chapters and then having to bookmark the series and wait for more chapters; I currently have more than 100 series that I follow as they update.
Don’t know dude I feel you’ve read everything I have at this point.

Rereads sure.

But hit or miss in terms of what you may like. Maybe one will catch your eye or fancy a reread.
Anyways:

Yakitate Japan
Green Blood
Green boy
HSDK
Liar Game
Uzumaki
Suicide Island
Bartender
I am a Hero
Veritas
Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru
Cromartie High School
Bio Meat Nectar
RRR
Break Shot
Saotome Girl
Yugioh the first series
The Jobless siblings
Silver Spoon
Angel Densetsu
81 Diver

Seems like Zoro is finally getting serious and Kaido is literally making an island float.

If it's any consolation I've never been able to watch it. Just didn't do it for me.
Tbf, they just threw us in the middle. Who the fuck is Akira? Why are these kids look old af? Tons of what, why, how. And the cult. The demonstrations and shit. Biker gangs, etc.

Maybe it picks up steam as it gets going, idk.
It's not even two hours long. Just watch it. It's definitely weird in places and it's not going to spoon-feed you the plot. Some stuff isn't explicitly explained but it gives you all the pieces necessary to understand it. Bottom line: it's a seminal work of animation and any fan of the medium really needs to see it.

Debating if I should pick up on Jujutsu Kaisen or just wait when it gets closer to the end of the season. Anyone currently watching it? Should I start?

Fairy Tail
<14>

Back