The Anime and Manga Thread v46 [OLD THREAD]

The one Piece Spoilers seem to that Luffy possibly awakening his DF might be connected to Joy Boy
More of the spoilers have been released and.. I guess its Luffys chosen one moment. Don't think I like that.

Tower of God has become a pain in the ass to follow
Way too much power creep and way too convoluted

Someone needs to tell the creator that sometimes less is more

Tower of God has become a pain in the ass to follow
Way too much power creep and way too convoluted

Someone needs to tell the creator that sometimes less is more
Last chapter's exposition dump was rough. I might have to downgrade this arc from "not good" to "actually kinda bad".

i keep checking out popular anime and just really disliking/hating them. it's taken me weeks just to watch 3 episodes of demon slayer and i don't think i'm ever watching the 4th.

i have like 100 shows in a 'plan to watch' list now.

i guess kaguya sama (sp?) season 3 just started or is about to resume... but comedies/stand-alone don't really count.

i keep checking out popular anime and just really disliking/hating them. it's taken me weeks just to watch 3 episodes of demon slayer and i don't think i'm ever watching the 4th.

i guess kaguya sama (sp?) season 3 just started or is about to resume... but comedies/stand-alone don't really count.
Try "To your Eternity" it's something a little different.

I've finally done it. I decided to finally watch Death Note. On episode 3 and glad I made that decision. Also glad I chose the dub because with all that talking there's no way I would want to keep up with the subtitles.
you're watching the dubbed version of Death Note???

that's the japanese version of Ryuk's laugh by the way

I've finally done it. I decided to finally watch Death Note. On episode 3 and glad I made that decision. Also glad I chose the dub because with all that talking there's no way I would want to keep up with the subtitles.
even though i like the japanese version more, the dubbed version is still good

Damn, this hits even harder now. Rest in peace @Gregolian .

I was confused until I looked around the Mayberry and saw the thread. I will fucking Miss Grego a staple of this forum and the football forum for years.

Last chapter's exposition dump was rough. I might have to downgrade this arc from "not good" to "actually kinda bad".
I just do not care at all about the canine people and Yasratcha
Also, it sounds weird to say this but I miss Rachel being involved with the story

I think I need to take a break from ToG and come back later

I just watch/read whatever catches my fancy. On other websites I hear of people sticking rigidly to certain genres or having a backlog to "work through", but they almost make it seem like a task or chore, rather than something to entertain yourself with. I watched Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (which is reasonably popular) recently because it looked fun, and it actually was pretty cool; it has great visuals, a dynamic cast and the omnipresent theme of willpower was appreciable. Try scouring around for aesthetics you like, it's how I find manga, anime, visual novels, etc. that I end up remembering.

Man I need some of the Silent voice, weathering with you, Your name type anime....

@Woldog you put me on Silent Voice iirc, got anything similar?

Man I need some of the Silent voice, weathering with you, Your name type anime....

@Woldog you put me on Silent Voice iirc, got anything similar?
Violet Evergarden. (There is a movie and a tv series of it)
It depends on what you want out of it, do you want sad stories, or are you there more for the beautiful art?
Things like
Anohana
Angel Beats
To your Eternity (This is the same author as A Silent Voice)
The Day I became a God

Are all great stories that are quite sad. But it's hard to find things that are the full package i.e A Silent Voice, Weathering for you, Your name which are all beautiful artwork with great stories.

I'll have a look through my watch history when I finish work and try and find some things that are comparable.
I'm glad you enjoyed A Silent Voice. It's currently my favorite anime movie.

Violet Evergarden. (There is a movie and a tv series of it)
Some of the most beautiful art in anime.....too bad I didnt like it and couldnt finish. Its just so boring, and the MC is so ..... boooooring.

It depends on what you want out of it, do you want sad stories, or are you there more for the beautiful art?
I guess beautiful art makes the 'sad' work more melancholic and poignant? I dunno it just adds to the experience and gives it more dimension.
Things like
Anohana
Angel Beats
To your Eternity (This is the same author as A Silent Voice)
The Day I became a God
Ill give these a go. Thanks man.
I'll have a look through my watch history when I finish work and try and find some things that are comparable.
I'm glad you enjoyed A Silent Voice. It's currently my favorite anime movie.
Its not just one of the best anime movies, its one of the best movies ever. Its up there with damn Akira, Spirited Away etc

Back