The Anime and Manga Thread v48

I waited a while to let the hype die down a bit, but I'm glad I finally gave Frieren a shot. I'm about 20 episodes in and I'm loving it so far.

I hate that Sein left though. He's my favorite character. I hope he comes back

I waited a while to let the hype die down a bit, but I'm glad I finally gave Frieren a shot. I'm about 20 episodes in and I'm loving it so far.

I hate that Sein left though. He's my favorite character. I hope he comes back

Yea I started it. Great show. Never feel the need to binge it either because of the slow moving plot. It's mainly anime that involves alot of fighting that I hate watching week to week. I want to watch a fight from beginning to the end in one sitting.

I don't know how closely the anime follows the manga, but if you want to see him running around killing people again then you've missed the entire point of the story.

I see this sort of comment a lot with the anime. I don't think anyone really missed the point of the story it just seems silly and hard to believe for the setting they are in. So people rightfully assume\hope that he eventually finds a balance between killing\not killing anyone. Rurouni Kenshin had the same idea and found a much better approach.

Yea I started it. Great show. Never feel the need to binge it either because of the slow moving plot. It's mainly anime that involves alot of fighting that I hate watching week to week. I want to watch a fight from beginning to the end in one sitting.

I see this sort of comment a lot with the anime. I don't think anyone really missed the point of the story it just seems silly and hard to believe for the setting they are in. So people rightfully assume\hope that he eventually finds a balance between killing\not killing anyone. Rurouni Kenshin had the same idea and found a much better approach.
Nah, it’s totally plausible for him wanting not to fight anymore. He was traumanized, dehuminaized, enslaved killing machine to the killer of his father, who himself stopped killing and robbed off his revenge he lived on over all these years.

Kenshin is still fighting some big bad tho every episode so people are less critical.

Nah, it’s totally plausible for him wanting not to fight anymore. He was traumanized, dehuminaized, enslaved killing machine to the killer of his father, who himself stopped killing and robbed off his revenge he lived on over all these years.

Kenshin is still fighting some big bad tho every episode so people are less critical.
I 100% believe it's plausible he doesn't want to fight anymore. I just don't believe in that world he lives very long getting involved in the things he does. I didn't mind the season and it was good to see the change but IMO it should have just ended there.

I 100% believe it's plausible he doesn't want to fight anymore. I just don't believe in that world he lives very long getting involved in the things he does. I didn't mind the season and it was good to see the change but IMO it should have just ended there.
I mean, it’s a story. I don’t believe in a scrawny kid fighting a humongous berserker warrior overlord to a standstill aswell.

I mean, it’s a story. I don’t believe in a scrawny kid fighting a humongous berserker warrior overlord to a standstill aswell.

Sure but with that logic you can justify anything happening in any show.

I only watched the 1st ep when it came out. I'll give it a whirl.
I binged watched till episode ten, fucking pissed lol I did the same with Friern, nothing to watch now. but I think I'll rewatch tower of god since it's been so long and season two is coming.

I binged watched till episode ten, fucking pissed lol I did the same with Friern, nothing to watch now. but I think I'll rewatch tower of god since it's been so long and season two is coming.
Just finished episode 3. It's ok. The Witch and the Beast is one of the better animes this season.

RIP Toriyama. What an iconic career.

As a millennial, it feels weird getting to the point where you're old enough that creators of old favorites are starting to die.

Last edited:
RIP to the GOAT Toriyama. King Yemma will take good care of you! I watched DBZ for the first time in the early 90s. My neighborhood friend's dad had it on DVD from Japan. Watched a few episodes even though I had no idea what they were saying since no subtitles, but it was my first exposure to the DB Universe.

Always heard good things about Monster (2004). Finally decided to start watching it a month or so ago and it's been pretty good. I didn't understand why it had so many episodes once I understood the plot but I see why now half way through. I've almost dropped it a few times because it can drag at certain points but overall it's been pretty interesting. At this point I'm committed though and will continue to the end.

The ex though who wont leave the doctor alone is wild.

Who's watching delicious in dungeons? it's pretty good. Only two episodes in though
It's [Delicious in Dungeon] one of my favorite shows this season. Such a fun series and gives a different angle or perspective in dungeon adventures.

For the past few months, I have been looking forward to Friday and Saturday [U.S. time zone] because lots of good anime shows (and some guilty pleasure ones) that I follow air during those days.

RIP to the GOAT Toriyama. King Yemma will take good care of you! I watched DBZ for the first time in the early 90s. My neighborhood friend's dad had it on DVD from Japan. Watched a few episodes even though I had no idea what they were saying since no subtitles, but it was my first exposure to the DB Universe.

Ive heard that Toriyamas death matches the journey of kid Goku when he hit his head and the ending of Dragonball GT when Goku flew with Shenron - we have the year of the green dragon.

Toriyamas death date represents both the 4 star dragonball and the 7 dragonballs.

No idea if the death stuff is true but thats some ATG stuff.

Last edited:
Back