News the "Arena" isn't ready to hold the event tomorrow the fights will be in a huge tent instead

Have you really checked in on all of them? The sites and social media accounts as well? Today was the first day they got in there, so it would have to be a recent update.

I wouldn't expect anything from BT Sports or ESPN, though, cause they're promoting the event for UFC. Exposing this might be bad PR.
Yet no other MMA media has reported it. Why ?

here's a video of the tent

Makes me wonder about the Joshua/Ruiz fight. Crazy that these countries build those things so quickly. Makes me wonder how well they're actually built

Do it in the mall. Seeing what they call the arena, there won't be much difference.

When did MMA become populated by such a bunch of pussies? Sugar Ray Robinson fought Joey Maxim in a ring that was 100+ degrees for 13 rounds, finally fainting from the heat while throwing a punch.

KO'd from heat, sounds like a pussy

Bad for Khabib, theyll both come out sweating like its already round 3.

^whoever has more body hair will be at a disadvantage.

KO'd from heat, sounds like a pussy

giphy.gif

MMA reporters are saying it was moved. I can’t find any info on this.
Anyone have the facts?

Do we have confirmation there is really no AC? If that's the case, even if they keep the fighters backstage in full AC, it only takes 5 min to be drenched in sweat and for the heat to start to affect you. By the time they walk out and start the fight,10 min will have passed. 100 degree weather with a lot of humidity is UGLY. If this is really true, they will look like Cain fighting Werdum in Mexico City.

Last edited:
Who's dumbass idea was it to build an arena hoping it will be done in time?

Only Ameritards could think that the people of FUCKING ABU DHABI don't know how to A/C. Do you guys live under a rock or what?

Only Ameritards could think that the people of FUCKING ABU DHABI don't know how to A/C. Do you guys live under a rock or what?
The rumor is that the stadium is not complete or AC is not ready, not that Abu Dhabi doesn't know how to build any AC

Do we have confirmation there is really no AC? If that's the case, even if they keep the fighters backstage in full AC, it only takes 5 min to be drenched in sweat and for the heat to start to affect you. By the time they walk around and start the fight,10 min will have passed. 100 degree weather with a lot of humidity is UGLY. If this is really true, they will look like Cain fighting Werdum in Mexico City.
It was fine. Werdum looked pretty good.

<Fedor23>

Who's dumbass idea was it to build an arena hoping it will be done in time?
The UFC should never go back to Dubai. The middle east investors were bought out. There is no point in going there when you can't even get a stadium built on time and have a PPV that's at 2pm in North America

Last edited:
this is actually pretty fucking hilarious

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back