The art of Mayberry

you gotta take a better photo of the detail on those blue lizardy things man. it’s like i’m trying to catch a closer look while wearing my grandmother’s glasses w/ lenses thicker than a ceramic pot—blurry as fuck
Yeah I need to learn how to take pictures. Unfortunately I’m not at home right now and won’t be for another month

Yeah I need to learn how to take pictures. Unfortunately I’m not at home right now and won’t be for another month
do you have kids? they’d know how to take a picture better than that for sure lol

it’s too bad, because from what we can see, the detail looks on point.

Some more, truly digging super old stuff lol

_reptile_charm__by_damodega_drn7cu-375w-2x.jpg

d7fvpod-1d749309-e349-4a42-9b1d-eda84817e72c.jpg

_beast_s_rider__by_damodega_drol9k-375w-2x.jpg

hodor_by_damodega_d7rg2dd-375w-2x.jpg

dylan_dog_by_damodega_d4z4fe2-375w-2x.jpg

king_midas_by_damodega_d5tibpn-375w-2x.jpg

the_big_game_by_damodega_d7fctcd-fullview.jpg

old_sketch_by_damodega_ddtrapu-375w-2x.jpg

Man, I would give my left nut to be able to draw and paint like this. My stuff is on par with an elementary school kid’s…
Would suggest to keep both your nuts lol

I for one am happy to have not tried it as job because even back then here being an illustrator was an extremely unstable profession, good luck pay home with it

Got published few times and done other stuff, but ever paid one-shot

Now with AI must be a nightmare, i don't envy those that were living on image stocks shit lol

Last edited:
Most were sketches on paper, scanned and colored/changed using simple photoshop

My wife does some awesome shit on the computer but its not in my wheelhouse.
I prefer hands on, but im old lol.

Here's two she did with some kind of "ink app" or something like that.
No sketch just freehand.

LiveLeak-dot-com-c8f_1491819486-IMG_3553_1491819520.jpg.resized.jpg

LiveLeak-dot-com-eb0_1491816500-IMG_3506_1491816585.jpg

Now with AI must be a nightmare, i don't envy those that were living on image stocks shit lol
Au contraire. It's a nice source for character poses for an illustrator. But yeah, I remember almost 20 years ago that any can with a camera could have passive income with those image sites.

Au contraire. It's a nice source for character poses for an illustrator. But yeah, I remember almost 20 years ago that any can with a camera could have passive income with those image sites.
I may have expressed it in confused way, i agree AI helps a lot the act itself of create illustrations but at same time lot of companies will simply use it instead pay an illustrator

AI art quality and versatility is improving fast af too

I may have expressed it in confused way, i agree AI helps a lot the act itself of create illustrations but at same time lot of companies will simply use it instead pay an illustrator

AI art quality and versatility is improving fast af too
They could very well just use AI but for companies with signature/specific brand details, you still need a guy to tweak or add those details on the base AI image.

Last edited:
My ex used to do stuff like this with books.
I always loved that shit, but I could never bring myself to defile a book like that lol.

I think yours a fresh to death though sir.
thanks sherbro. i ‘ppreciate that.

for what it’s worth, i’d never mutilate a book that i give a shit about. it’s always books that people donate to me, or the random books that i buy from savers/goodwill whose only meaning to me is that they were published pre-1970

only books worth a damn that i’ve torn up were an old copy of Dostoevsky’s The Idiot that had a shite translation & an old copy of Maupassant’s short stories (i already have the Everyman’s Library hardcover edition of his stories which will endure the test of time)

thanks sherbro. i ‘ppreciate that.

for what it’s worth, i’d never mutilate a book that i give a shit about. it’s always books that people donate to me, or the random books that i buy from savers/goodwill whose only meaning to me is that they were published pre-1970

only books worth a damn that i’ve torn up were an old copy of Dostoevsky’s The Idiot that had a shite translation & an old copy of Maupassant’s short stories (i already have the Everyman’s Library hardcover edition of his stories which will endure the test of time)

I think it's because I write that I can't seem to do it...or maybe that's the excuse I give myself lol.
I always found it gut wrenching to look at, yet I can't deny its obvious beauty.

I love that it evokes a gutteral reaction from me, which is something I like to face because it opens my eyes to something new.

Hers were well done but yours are far more sophisticated, and thought inducing.

Im sure you've seen my art floating around the site, as I whore my wares lol..different medias and such.

You have serious talent my friend.

I think it's because I write that I can't seem to do it...or maybe that's the excuse I give myself lol.
I always found it gut wrenching to look at, yet I can't deny its obvious beauty.

I love that it evokes a gutteral reaction from me, which is something I like to face because it opens my eyes to something new.

Hers were well done but yours are far more sophisticated, and thought inducing.

Im sure you've seen my art floating around the site, as I whore my wares lol..different medias and such.

You have serious talent my friend.
i’m pretty sure i was trying to convince you to get a website or instagram as a makeshift online portfolio, in the very first thread you made where you posted your work. or at least i suggested it. also very possible that i just asked if you had one lol

& thank you, again, although i’d disagree w/ you about serious talent. if i had serious talent i probably wouldn’t be collaging because collaging is for babies & old ladies

Back