The attitudes of casuals are trickling into the hardcore fandom

Has the attitude of casuals about fighter pay, trickled into the hardcore fandom?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Discussing any sport money comes up frequently. It just comes up more often in MMA because the pay sucks so the fighters are always complaining about it, and the whole conversation starts all over again. Nobody has to care of course but it's weird when people get mad that others do.

Look I’m all for fighters getting paid, but it’s also a bit weird to me to see another man care what a man is getting paid. That’s their business, and they’ve agreed to fight for a price. That’s their deal. Think they give a fuck what you make?

They don't give a fuck what any of us make sir, but they're not watching do our jobs.
People care because they get attached to certain fighters and then realize they're taking Dana's dick in their ass.

That upsets some people.
The fuckin bonuses have been the same for like 15 years ffs.
Are you saying that the UFC can't afford better bonuses at least?

Yeah some fighters get some money, but more fighters get fucked over.
And yes they sign the contract, but it's not like they have many places to turn to since the UFC has bought out 95% of the competition.

There's issues with the system, and it should be corrected.
You're telling me Dana (who's never fought a day in his life) should be worth a half a billion, and guys fighting to put food on the table barely make ends meet?

Its fucky at best.

Last edited:
Hardcore fans of this sport have historically always cared about fighter pay and treatment.

And it's pretty self evident as to why -
If you're a hardcore fan of this sport, you tend to enjoy some of the finer things and intricacies about it. Something about it has pulled you in, above and beyond the level of a casual.

Maybe it's the sacrifices that fighters make, maybe it's the courage displayed in the heat of battle (heart), maybe its a combination of that stuff and other things, but something has pulled you in. And when you have a high degree of appreciation and respect for what fighters go through, it's both emotionally and intellectually logical to want to see said fighters compensated and treated appropriately.

It is plainly, and self evidently, casual fans of the sport that don't give a shit about fighter pay. They want to see blood and violence. They want to see roided up gorillas swinging wildly until one goes down. Their engagement with the sport starts and stops with the entertainment provided by violence that is momentarily flashing on their screens. Of course when that is the extent of your engagement with the sport, it's completely reasonable to not give a fuck about fighter pay.

So can someone explain to me why the fuck there is a large minority of people within the hardcore Fandom that shit on people concerned about fighter pay? Often, these people don't even attempt to make an argument about whether or not fighter pay is good - they shit on the very idea of giving a fuck about fighter pay and treatment.

Here you are, posting on an obscure karate message board that has been around since the 90s, that is dedicated to the 24/7 365 discussion of mma and martial arts, talking about "why do you give a shit about what another man is paid?" Or "he's not gonna send you a check bro"

Like....BRUH

{<huh}
Do you hear yourself??

Have a look around you.

Look at where you are.

Have a moment of self awareness for the first time in your life.

Motherfuckers are really out here posting 5 McGregor threads a day on a 25 year old karate message board asking "why do you care about fighter pay?"

IDK MAN - maybe because my appreciation of the fighters goes beyond "hurrr durrr sweaty muscle man goes brrrr" *clapping monkey noises*

Do you not realize what a fuckin weirdo you are for being a hardcore fan of this sport and NOT caring about fighter pay? You are a freakish anomaly and should be regarded as such.
''IDK MAN - maybe because my appreciation of the fighters goes beyond "hurrr durrr sweaty muscle man goes brrrr" *clapping monkey noises''
This reminded me that retarded ''they are risking their lives for our entertainment''. No bitch no one gives a fuck about you, they are doing it for money and fame. Why should i appreciate them? I'm already giving my hard earned money, do i have to kiss their ass too? This is 13 years old k-pop fangirl mentality.
When i buy meat from the butcher, i don't give a fuck about the cow or butcher, i'm just enjoying the meat. I'm not appreciating to butcher because i'm paying him fucking money and if i'm buying it from a supermarket, i don't give a fuck about how much workers get paid there. To me fighters are not more important than the blue collar workers, i don't give a fuck about them so why should i suck off the fighters?
AND YEAH I WANT TO SEE BLOOD AND VIOLENCE, OTHERWISE WHY THE FUCK I SHOULD WATCH IT, JUST TO SUPPORT THE FIGHTERS?
I've never seen a successful men caring about other men money btw, it's always average joes kissing celebrities ass

They don't give a fuck what any of us make sur, but they're not watching do our jobs.
People care because they get attached to certain fighters and then realize they're taking Dana's dick in their ass.

That upsets some people.
The fuckin bonuses have been the same for like 15 years ffs.
Are you saying that the UFC can't afford better bonuses at least?

Yeah some fighters get some money, but more fighters get fucked over.
And yes they sign the contract, but it's not like they have many places to turn to since the UFC has bought out 95% of the competition.

There's issues with the system, and it should be corrected.
You're telling me Dana (who's never fought a day in his life) should be worth a half a billion, and guys fighting to put food on the table barely make ends meet?

Its fucky at best.
If you are over 17 and care about a celebrity that doesn't even know your existence, just find some tall building.
Btw if i was an ass kissing bitch, i would've boycott the UFC and never talk about it. It's 1000x better than crying about fighter pay 24/7 because even fighters doesn't care as much as you

Hardcore fans of this sport have historically always cared about fighter pay and treatment.

And it's pretty self evident as to why -
If you're a hardcore fan of this sport, you tend to enjoy some of the finer things and intricacies about it. Something about it has pulled you in, above and beyond the level of a casual.

Maybe it's the sacrifices that fighters make, maybe it's the courage displayed in the heat of battle (heart), maybe its a combination of that stuff and other things, but something has pulled you in. And when you have a high degree of appreciation and respect for what fighters go through, it's both emotionally and intellectually logical to want to see said fighters compensated and treated appropriately.

It is plainly, and self evidently, casual fans of the sport that don't give a shit about fighter pay. They want to see blood and violence. They want to see roided up gorillas swinging wildly until one goes down. Their engagement with the sport starts and stops with the entertainment provided by violence that is momentarily flashing on their screens. Of course when that is the extent of your engagement with the sport, it's completely reasonable to not give a fuck about fighter pay.

So can someone explain to me why the fuck there is a large minority of people within the hardcore Fandom that shit on people concerned about fighter pay? Often, these people don't even attempt to make an argument about whether or not fighter pay is good - they shit on the very idea of giving a fuck about fighter pay and treatment.

Here you are, posting on an obscure karate message board that has been around since the 90s, that is dedicated to the 24/7 365 discussion of mma and martial arts, talking about "why do you give a shit about what another man is paid?" Or "he's not gonna send you a check bro"

Like....BRUH

{<huh}
Do you hear yourself??

Have a look around you.

Look at where you are.

Have a moment of self awareness for the first time in your life.

Motherfuckers are really out here posting 5 McGregor threads a day on a 25 year old karate message board asking "why do you care about fighter pay?"

IDK MAN - maybe because my appreciation of the fighters goes beyond "hurrr durrr sweaty muscle man goes brrrr" *clapping monkey noises*

Do you not realize what a fuckin weirdo you are for being a hardcore fan of this sport and NOT caring about fighter pay? You are a freakish anomaly and should be regarded as such.
Well didn t read but I am not a casual and I don t care about fighter pay. Why should i be concerned about a contract signed wilfully by a grown man, especially when landing that contract was all he ever wanted?

in any other field it would be unacceptable to whine about your employment contract publicly.

The fighters should be happy theyve been given a fair chance to work for a man like Dana White. Remember its an opportunity. Not a career.

Actually we should be more concerned about Dana and his needs. Poor guy is at serious risk of going broke!
06HJh.jpg

If you are over 17 and care about a celebrity that doesn't even know your existence, just find some tall building.
Btw if i was an ass kissing bitch, i would've boycott the UFC and never talk about it. It's 1000x better than crying about fighter pay 24/7 because even fighters doesn't care as much as you

First of all I don't care about celebrity, and secondly you have shit communication skills.

I genuinely appreciate good conversation and or debate when it's done in an amicable way, but you come off as a salty little bitch constantly so you're whatever.

"Find a tall building"...wow, you're so edgy.

I would hope that most hardcore fans were capable of understanding that MMAs business model (stacked cards, best fighting the best) cannot work if the fighters get the kind of pay and freedom that boxers do. And also understood the harsh reality that the interests of the fighters do not allign with the interests of the fan at all. Most fighters if given the choice want to make the maximum amount of money with the least amount of risk and damage, and then GTFO.

With that said, yes, pay does still need to improve TO AN EXTENT (not crazy top end boxing money though) and fighters should be allowed to have their own sponsors again.

A lot of the "hardcore" fans in MMA are actually the very worst for this because their "hardcore" fans of the UFC brand and Dana White.

The "casuals" actually tend to care more about quality, the "hardcores" will watch no matter how bad things get and convince themselves what there watching is great.

''IDK MAN - maybe because my appreciation of the fighters goes beyond "hurrr durrr sweaty muscle man goes brrrr" *clapping monkey noises''
This reminded me that retarded ''they are risking their lives for our entertainment''. No bitch no one gives a fuck about you, they are doing it for money and fame. Why should i appreciate them? I'm already giving my hard earned money, do i have to kiss their ass too? This is 13 years old k-pop fangirl mentality.
When i buy meat from the butcher, i don't give a fuck about the cow or butcher, i'm just enjoying the meat. I'm not appreciating to butcher because i'm paying him fucking money and if i'm buying it from a supermarket, i don't give a fuck about how much workers get paid there. To me fighters are not more important than the blue collar workers, i don't give a fuck about them so why should i suck off the fighters?
AND YEAH I WANT TO SEE BLOOD AND VIOLENCE, OTHERWISE WHY THE FUCK I SHOULD WATCH IT, JUST TO SUPPORT THE FIGHTERS?
I've never seen a successful men caring about other men money btw, it's always average joes kissing celebrities ass
"Hurrr durrr sweaty muscle man go brrr"

Go watch power slap buddy.

Well didn t read but I am not a casual and I don t care about fighter pay. Why should i be concerned about a contract signed wilfully by a grown man, especially when landing that contract was all he ever wanted?

in any other field it would be unacceptable to whine about your employment contract publicly.
Homie couldn't even be bothered to read the title.

Not sure how this iPad kid even managed to create an account on a message board. I would think that between his tik tok videos and episodes of bubble guppies, he wouldn't be able to focus long enough to do so.

Nah, hardcore fans never really cared about fighters pay. They care about it if it let's them shit on the UFC or if they can throw a pitty party for fighters they like. But if a fighter is tough on negotations and possibly not fighting frequently enough for their entitled asses, all the fighters pay concerns go out the window. O'Malley says he isn't fighting better competition till he has a better contract, dude gets all the shit thrown at him. It's only a concern if it doesn't interfere with their personal conveniences.

Last edited:
3 fights per year.

6-8 week fight camp per fight.

18-24 "work weeks" a year.

$10,000 to $20,000 per fight, plus opportunities for bonus.

$30,000 to $60,000 per year for 18 to 24 weeks of work.

24 weeks x 7 days a week x 12 hour days ÷ $30,000 salary = $14.88 an hour. But you're also 0-3 in the UFC so maybe this isn't for you.

24 work weeks out of 52 weeks.

That's worst case scenario.

Best case scenario you go from plumber to coke head millionaire.

You forgot the expenses....

It’s not that I don’t care, but I’m also not spending much time thinking about it or losing any sleep over it.

Those fighters all had a choice to do something else, I got my own family to feed, and my own pay to worry about. MMA is one of those things that I enjoy watching on a Saturday night, but I got too much shit going on in my own life to seriously be thinking about some other man’s sallary.

Would be nice to see them make more money, but at the same time, this activist mentality of some broke geek in his mom’s basement out for Justice, trying to fix the rest of the world. It’s kind of hilarious to me as well.

Why should I care about fighter pay if the fighters themselves don't give a shit? What is stopping every fighter in UFC 300 from uniting and asking for better pay, a more fair contract, a pension fund etc?

They don't want to change their situation so why should I care?

Ah yes, "beta." Nothing screams "I've been watching since UFC 1" like walking around thinking you're "alpha."

Let me guess, Sean Sherk is also a "beta?"

You're an absolute can and so are the other dumbasses saying they don't care because they've been watching MMA for a long time.

16 letters ahead of the Sigmas.

Probably because the discussion has been beat to death, and we're all speculating without facts.
There is no speculation, the paper trails and numbers are out there for the public to look at.

3 fights per year.

6-8 week fight camp per fight.

18-24 "work weeks" a year.

$10,000 to $20,000 per fight, plus opportunities for bonus.

$30,000 to $60,000 per year for 18 to 24 weeks of work.

24 weeks x 7 days a week x 12 hour days ÷ $30,000 salary = $14.88 an hour. But you're also 0-3 in the UFC so maybe this isn't for you.

24 work weeks out of 52 weeks.

That's worst case scenario.

Best case scenario you go from plumber to coke head millionaire.

Fight camps aren’t required. That is not required as per your contract. Fight camps are a investment in your potential future, not tied to current pay.

Some Hardcore Fans of fighting care (or pretend to) about fighter health, pay and treatment to assuage the guilt they carry for being entertained by a "sport" that purposefully damages and destroys the fighter.

True Hardcore Fans care about the execution of the violence to control, dominate, and destroy opponents.

Prizefighting is only a part of the spectrum as many started watching Olympic Boxing as the gateway back in the day. Most fighting sports fans would watch local tournaments that their family or friends participated in -- if they themselves weren't training and/or fighting in those tournaments themselves. Plus, who doesn't like a free Hockey fight on the ice.

It's not the good side of a human, who enjoys the Fighting Sports for entertainment to watch the intentional suffering of humans. Although some are drawn to the practical side (militaristic, self-defense or the defense of others, etc).

It's because a ton of them are shill accounts, and some who have had fortune smile upon them for now.

But it's always face palm worthy to see them licking greedypotomuses star button and using the, "it's the fighters fault for not negotiating a better contract" excusal while pretending to be fans of said fighters and the sport.
If you are a fan of the sport couldn't you argue you want the fighters to be paid less so that the org can continue to thrive. That way you get more mma? It's not simple as just give them more money. It's nuanced. A company can easily go under, like we have seen time and time again

Back