Television The Bear (FX)

Incredible so far. The NOMA episode was spectacular.

I watched the first season and it's quality, but not sure if I want to put myself through the stress of the second season...
It's a bit involved, but also magnificent. There are a few cameos that were unexpected. It's worth it, friend. Two of the episodes should have awards already. It is a bit emotional but I haven't cried so not THAT emotional.

It's a bit involved, but also magnificent. There are a few cameos that were unexpected. It's worth it, friend. Two of the episodes should have awards already. It is a bit emotional but I haven't cried so not THAT emotional.
I'll give the first episode of the second season a try at least. Thanks for the feedback. I watched the first season back when I had less anxiety and it was still pretty stressful, so that's what I was worried about. But I'm sure it's great.

I watched the first season and it's quality, but not sure if I want to put myself through the stress of the second season...
Other than episode seven, it's not nearly as stressful as the first season. That episode though, is possibly the most stressful hour of television I've ever seen, lol

It an otter a type of gay guy? I’ve never heard of that. I’ve only heard of beats and twinks. I didn’t know there was a third type of gay guy. What is this world coming to?

I watched first episode when it first came out. Wasn't really my thing. Started watching it again with the wife and it we're both liking it a lot. About 3-4 episodes in.

Watched both seasons. Great finale for season one. Good finale for season 2 as well, but not as good as season one.

I haven't read the thread for fear of spoilers but on episode 3 now based on the recommendation. We like to cook & have enjoyed the show so far.

One of the most memorable series in a while, watched season one with limited expectations and was blown away.. season 2 like S1 starts slow but builds, episode 6 S2 is pretty special but uncomfortable like S1 E7

Both seasons did two things, make me hungry and made me what to visit Chicago!

Last edited:
S2/E7 - Forks, of the Bear, is the best single episode of television I've seen this year. Got damn. Excellent.

There were so many small things in that episode that you could easily miss, like how Will Poulter's character mentioning to Marcus while they were working on the dough in an earlier episode that the guy who was better than him turned out to be Carmine when you see the photo of the two together on the wall; or Richie waking up every morning one minute earlier, demonstrating his growth through discipline.

I really disliked the season finale of S2. S1 was far superior overall. S2 was good, not great. A considerable drop off from what was my favorite series of last year.

S2/E7 - Forks, of the Bear, is the best single episode of television I've seen this year. Got damn. Excellent.

There were so many small things in that episode that you could easily miss, like how Will Poulter's character mentioning to Marcus while they were working on the dough in an earlier episode that the guy who was better than him turned out to be Carmine when you see the photo of the two together on the wall; or Richie waking up every morning one minute earlier, demonstrating his growth through discipline.

I really disliked the season finale of S2. S1 was far superior overall. S2 was good, but great. A considerable drop off from what was my favorite series of last year.
What didnt you like about the finale?

Watched season 1, found it pretty average. It's shameless in a kitchen

What didnt you like about the finale?

My two favorite episodes of the season were the most understated, comparatively speaking, with Marcus traveling to train and Richie's development into more than a shit head, finding purpose. It all culiminated in that final episode, where the character development paid off, demonstrating beforehand how they would be able save Carmy's ass.

I thought everything about Claire was the worst part of the season, Carmy conveniently unraveling in the freezer with her on the other side. It felt clichéd and let the season end on a sour note.

I will add, most of my friends who I've spoken with about the season enjoyed the family episode, so I may be an outlier here, but it didn't do much for me. It didn't resonate with me. I had a much crazier family as a kid who attended large gatherings, and it wasn't that frenetic.

My two favorite episodes of the season were the most understated, comparatively speaking, with Marcus traveling to train and Richie's development into more than a shit head, finding purpose. It all culiminated in that final episode, where the character development paid off, demonstrating beforehand how they would be able save Carmy's ass.

I thought everything about Claire was the worst part of the season, Carmy conveniently unraveling in the freezer with her on the other side. It felt clichéd and let the season end on a sour note.

I will add, most of my friends who I've spoken with about the season enjoyed the family episode, so I may be an outlier here, but I absolutely hated it. It didn't resonate with me. I had a much crazier family as a kid who attended large gatherings, and it wasn't that frenetic.
I loved the family episode personally
The Ritchie and Marcus episodes were the best character work since season 1 for sure
I thought season 2 was a bit slow to start and I do kind of think because Carmy was understandably shoved to the side a bit his breakdown in the season finale felt a little unearned though the show saved it by having Ritchie call him his mom (ie. His breakdown is the payoff to the family trauma we see in the holiday episode). I guess I can see if the holiday episode didn’t resonate his breakdown would feel ever less earned

and yeah Claire sucked

I'll give the first episode of the second season a try at least. Thanks for the feedback. I watched the first season back when I had less anxiety and it was still pretty stressful, so that's what I was worried about. But I'm sure it's great.
Okay, I had anxiety in the second season worrying about the main character so there's that. But it was flippin brilliant. And we're buds so it's worth it.

One of the most memorable series in a while, watched season one with limited expectations and was blown away.. season 2 like S1 starts slow but builds, episode 6 S2 is pretty special but uncomfortable like S1 E7

Both seasons did two things, make me hungry and made me what to visit Chicago!
Made me want to visit Noma like every other time I've seen it.
But made me crazy more interested in the perfection food, and I had a pretty big obsession already.

I say watch the first episode and if you’re not hooked I’ll be surprised

I watched the first four episodes and found it underwhelming. I may have went in with too high expectations - it has a perfect score on rotten tomatoes, and I guess I was hoping for a more compelling story line.

Back