The biased commentary at 299

There are people here who are convinced JDM won the striking because of Joe.

Burns easily landed the biggest shots in the first two rounds.
No he didn’t, he didn’t hurt jdm once

Rogan and DC, and Bisping too, they do this thing that fucking drives me insane, every time one fighter has a good moment they start harping on about that guy and hype them up, make it sound like the other guy is losing badly and needs to completely change their gameplan, then the other guy will land a couple of good shots and all of a sudden they are on the other guy's nuts, talking about how his experience is shining through and how he was just biding his time etc, etc, they just start spinning these narratives.

Or they will just straight up say shit on repeat that isn't true. "Gilbert Burns has excellent top control!"
NO HE FUCKING DOESNT. He can't hold anyone down and can't submit a fucking fly, stop saying that every time he fights for God's sake. Couldn't do shit to Wonderboy, couldn't do shit to Masvidal, couldn't do shit to Woodley after dropping him and getting full mount, and of course couldn't do shit to JDM after taking him down and taking his back.

'Petr Yan has PTSD from the Merab fight, look how he's reacting to all the takedowns attempts x 10', man shut up... Yeah he's reacting to something the opponent does, holy shit. It's like these guys are counting feints and biting on feints as significant strikes now, like in the Adesanya/Jan fight. Fucking commentary is insufferable 99% of the time

what makes you think ufc wants unbiased commentary? they probably tell him “make sure you gas up jack della, we need more stars from oceania.” whoever replaces rogan or dc will do the same thing.
it's a business and the commentators are company men - that being said, i dont expect to have all of my UFC programming completely free of bias or slant, but these guys might as well have been calling different fights. idk how rogan got so off track, he used to be much better. DC (always weird typing that bc thats what everyone calls me too) is so biased, he doesnt even try to dial it back. it's gotten really bad. commentators booth needs a shake up

you know what i hate more than that, "significant strikes"..i dont even know what that means, you either fucking hit someone or you dont

mma scoring, commentary and fans are a bit retarded at times
This.
Just because a strike look looked out hurt doesn't it out did damage.
Just because a strike looked like it did hurt or do damage doesn't mean it didn't scramble someone's senses.

Having the commentary in Spanish or Russian can be an awesome surprise since you still have the fight audio without the sounds of Rogan rubbing one out with his hairy knuckles.

pointing out DP was gassing, just to realize (too late) that it was the opposite

I've heard some bias before, but generally not to the point that it bugged me, but two fights in particular Saturday were rough, rda/gamrot and burns/jdm.

To be clear, the young guns did win and should have, but the fights were way closer than they were initially expected to be, and immediately visibly so.

Rda dropped gamrot twice and was cleanly outworking him in the grappling in the first round, yet all they talked about was how strong and durable gamrot was.

Burns won damn near every second of his fight up until that knee, yet they constantly talked about how great a boxer jdm is, even as burns was smashing him with power shots.

Was watching the fights with a whole group of people who all felt the same way, very much felt like commentary was given a specific fighter they were supposed to shine up.
I thought burns definitely was getting his ass kicked until he tried to snuggle his way to a decision. Glad he got kod tbh.

And what about the Main Event, they were acting like O Malley, is the most popular, greatest, decorated champion to have ever died for our sins.

The worst I've ever heard was Lee Murray vs Anderson Silva. The second worst was Dan Hardy during this weekend's PFL card.
I didnt know lee murray at the time, so my natural reaction <bball1>

turns out, he was a dangerous striker, and silva gave him a ton of respect and it even felt like he feared him for a bit, then figured it out.

I didnt know lee murray at the time, so my natural reaction <bball1>

turns out, he was a dangerous striker, and silva gave him a ton of respect and it even felt like he feared him for a bit, then figured it out.
It was the reactions to the fight that I had issues with. Anderson was handling him comfortably and unquestionably winning the fight. They were talking about how the decision should go to Lee or a draw at best. Shit was rough.

It was the reactions to the fight that I had issues with. Anderson was handling him comfortably and unquestionably winning the fight. They were talking about how the decision should go to Lee or a draw at best. Shit was rough.
silva easily won that fight, I dont recall the discussion at the end, but it was Lee's home turf.

Hmm I remember them talking up how great RDA still was at 39 and then RDA got taken down mid-sentence and pretty much lost the rest of the fight

Wait, are people here seriously trying to convince others that Gilbert Burns was doing better in the striking department??

Is there a joke I'm missing?

Back