The Conor that fought Khabib would have obliterated Gaethje and Oliveira

Flammenwerfer

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Came in against ultra motivated Khabib who was in the shape of his life, stuffed most of his takedowns and had the cardio to keep fighting for 4 rounds despite being in terrible positions and taking lots of damage. Hands were fast and accurate and stung Khabib mutiple times even whilst exhausted. If Conor could stuff Khabibs best takedowns he's not getting bodylocked by Oliveira.

Lets be honest, he would have sparked Homer Simpson Gaethje out in the first round just like Charles did, most likely without taking any damage in return, and if Charles got dropped bad by Poirier, Gaethje and Chandler then against prime accurate Conor he's getting hit on the button and not recovering.

Conor is one of the best fighters in the lower divisions ever and he doesn't get the respect he deserves. His post Khabib unmotivated cokehead version of himself makes people forget how good he was.

Both Justin and Charlie do get hit too much imo. Charles gets dropped in every fight, that's not good when fighting someone like Colin. I can't believe I just said something positive about Colin, I'm going to bed now.

giphy.gif

Seeing how Gaethje fought dumb against Olivera I could see Conor hitting him early and often for a 1st round TKO.
But the Gaethje who beat Chandler and Ferg is sharp enough to compete against Conor, his striking IQ is really high he just gets emotional. I'd think his leg kicks would make the difference in a technical war.
Olivera straight up drowns Conor. If Conor uses his power and leads he might do a bit of damage early but he's really got nothing that Poirier doesn't with less cardio and Poirier straight up drowned.

Both Justin and Charlie do get hit too much imo. Charles gets dropped in every fight, that's not good when fighting someone like Colin. I can't believe I just said something positive about Colin, I'm going to bed now.

Night sir lol.

I don't think it's safe to say Conor would have obliterated any of the top LWs right now. You could say Conor MIGHT HAVE caught them in the first 8 or so minutes, sure but if he doesn't he loses to probably all of them. Conor was a great talent but he lost his way and regressed as a fighter since Featherweight.

If Conor didn't finish Gaethje early, he'd have been so tired and looked for a way out or just simply got knocked by Justin. An on point inform McGregor could KO Justin in 2, but he loses every time it goes past the 2nd. A similar story with Oliveira except that I think Oliveira would immediately look to clinch to take away Conors boxing and tear him up against the cage with knees and elbows while also looking for takedowns and I think Charles can take Conor down, Charles can play a kicking game at distance too and then whenever Conor closes distance look to clinch.

I give a prime Conor his best chances at LW right now vs Oliveira, Gaethje, Beneil and Chandler. Fiziev, Islam, Damir, Arman, Gamrot and Poirier are all too much.

Dustin fought conor,and got hit,and then knocked conor out. Its not that serious.

Im pretty sure everyone knows by now that Conor is fuckin smoked.
He's as done as you can be in this sport.

Everyone knows his weaknesses and they will continue to exploit them for as long as he keeps steppin into the cage.

Also, Conor never "stung" Khabib ffs.
That's the same as saying Michael Johnson "hurt" him when all he did was halt his forward progress for a half a second, and then got fuckin smashed.

he CHEATED repeatedly. How many refs would let him get away that that many illegal gloves, shorts, and fence grabs? Illegal kicks? Money on Oliveira and Makhachev. Gaethje, hmmm... he can get into slug mode and he'd lose.

Back