The curious case of Michael Johnson

Lionheart7167

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
This dude fascinates me. He's 19-17 and it's been 4 years since his last relevant win yet he's KO'ed Poirier, Tibau and decisioned Ferg and Barboza. He's also the only man to legit rock Khabib. When you watch him fight, he's very athletic, fast and powerful hands, but he can never seem to put it together. One of the most gifted athletes who just can't get it right.

This dude fascinates me. He's 19-17 and it's been 4 years since his last relevant win yet he's KO'ed Poirier, Tibau and decisioned Ferg and Barboza. He's also the only man to legit rock Khabib. When you watch him fight, he's very athletic, fast and powerful hands, but he can never seem to put it together. One of the most gifted athletes who just can't get it right.
Watched the video a few times. I don't think Khabib was rocked. You might need to review it with no audio.

Watched the video a few times. I don't think Khabib was rocked. You might need to review it with no audio.
Not rocked..

ezgif.com-resize-85.gif

Alex Cacares
Artem Lobov
Danny Castillo
Andre Fili
Joe Lauzon
Melvin Guillard
Gleison Tibau
Tony Ferguson
Dustin Porier

Alot of people thought he beat Dariush as well.

Quality win column with losses to Nate Diaz, Khabib, Justin.

Don't forget winning most the fight until he decided to lose against Emmett, Guida, Elkins.

Fun fact, they called me to fight him on 2wks notice once for like $500 in Springfield, MO. I was barely training and worked night shift 40+ hrs a week. I almost took it anyways because he had a lot of submission losses early on and usually went for the TD first, I was good in that regard, but seen some of his wins also and seen what happens if you cant sub him…..then said no thank you!

He turned a corner regionally prior to TUF and idk what happened but he thrived on that show, earned GSPs respect, and destroyed LWs in the UFC.

Alex Cacares
Artem Lobov
Danny Castillo
Andre Fili
Joe Lauzon
Melvin Guillard
Gleison Tibau
Tony Ferguson
Dustin Porier

Alot of people thought he beat Dariush as well.

Quality win column with losses to Nate Diaz, Khabib, Justin.

Don't forget winning most the fight until he decided to lose against Emmett, Guida, Elkins.
Nothing was better than watching Emmit stiffen him. Emmit new he needed to finish the fight and he did. One of those few fighters that actually has a high fight intelligence with a killer's mindset.

What's not to get? He was an athletic, big punching gate keeper. Wasn't the first, won't be the last.

Not every athletic guy with a big punch is meant to be champion.

Got a great swing on him. Powerful enough to beat some fighters. And not others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back