Movies The Dark Knight Rises (2012) vs Interstellar (2014)

never thought Bane was a great villain

TDKR wins for me but it's close, i like both.

Better Nolan film?

Both movies have Anne Hathaway, and are overrated and melodramatic, but TDKR edges out by having Anne Hathaway in a skintight costume

715c25bfe99ce88f8894861a95544942.gif

Interstellar is honestly one of my favorite movies of all time.

The Dark Knight Rises was great, just paled in comparison to TDK

Intersteller was a better watch in the movie theaters...home settings, TDKR

They are both films that suffer from pacing issues and bloated narratives. Both films are really good but this is when Nolan was no longer the infallible demi-god that he was during his run from Memento to Inception. With that being said, Interstellar is probably the slightly superior film. I just found it a tad boring and all the nonsense with Cooper pushing books behind some three dimensional bookshelf just killed the ending for me.

Rises is such great spectacle through and through. I love rooting for Bruce to get out of his funk and then escape the pit to go beat Bane's ass and take back Gotham.

All in all, they are both kind of underrated.

Both movies have Anne Hathaway, and are overrated and melodramatic, but TDKR edges out by having Anne Hathaway in a skintight costume

715c25bfe99ce88f8894861a95544942.gif

She was so underutilized in that film. Her and Bale actually had some good chemistry, which was a surprise at the time. I go back and forth on this, but I wish they removed the successor angle out completely and cut Blake and gave more time to Selina and Talia. I could see the case for cutting out Talia, but the twist of her actually being the heir to Ra's and not Bane was cool.

I think Inception beats both of them. Watching that in the theaters was a different experience all together.
Inception is Nolan's best film and it's not even close. And I like Interstellar.

That Batsuit and Bale's voice just completely kills those Batman movies for me.

They are both films that suffer from pacing issues and bloated narratives. Both films are really good but this is when Nolan was no longer the infallible demi-god that he was during his run from Memento to Inception. With that being said, Interstellar is probably the slightly superior film. I just found it a tad boring and all the nonsense with Cooper pushing books behind some three dimensional bookshelf just killed the ending for me.
You make me sick

Tough call as both films really stall in the final act, but I’ll give the slight edge to Interstellar. There are just too many major flaws that really bother me in the TDKR that keep it from being a great film.

First, is Bane’s prison pit. The place is supposed to literally be hell on earth where prisoners never see the light of day, but is actually one of the nicest prisons ever depicted in a movie. There doesn’t appear to be any guards, there’s electricity and television, and the prisoners provide medical care to Bruce and also give him a lot of material and moral support during his escape attempts.

Second, the final showdown between the Gotham PD and the terrorists/criminals who have taken over the city was horrible. The police armed with handguns decide to muster on a narrow street corridor in broad daylight and charge into Bane’s men who are holding defensive positions and are armed with automatic rifles and some of the best weaponry in the world stolen from the armory of Wayne Enterprises. Except for a few officers killed in the initial barrage of gunfire, the two groups quickly converge on the street and engage in hand-to-hand combat.

Tough call as both films really stall in the final act, but I’ll give the slight edge to Interstellar. There are just too many major flaws that really bother me in the TDKR that keep it from being a great film.

First, is Bane’s prison pit. The place is supposed to literally be hell on earth where prisoners never see the light of day, but is actually one of the nicest prisons ever depicted in a movie. There doesn’t appear to be any guards, there’s electricity and television, and the prisoners provide medical care to Bruce and also give him a lot of material and moral support during his escape attempts.

Second, the final showdown between the Gotham PD and the terrorists/criminals who have taken over the city was horrible. The police armed with handguns decide to muster on a narrow street corridor in broad daylight and charge into Bane’s men who are holding defensive positions and are armed with automatic rifles and some of the best weaponry in the world stolen from the armory of Wayne Enterprises. Except for a few officers killed in the initial barrage of gunfire, the two groups quickly converge on the street and engage in hand-to-hand combat.
I gotcha.
It does seem ridiculous.
Until you realise that you are watching a film about a billionaire.
Who dresses up.
AS A BAT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back