• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

THE ELDER SCROLLS VI ***Confirmed Xbox exclusive, won't arrive until 2026***

giphy.gif

Aren't they kind of trying to downplay the role exclusives will play in their potential monopoly? He might just be saying that.

Aren't they kind of trying to downplay the role exclusives will play in their potential monopoly? He might just be saying that.
I don't think Phil is just saying that.

I remember back in 2020, Pete Hines was being asked about ES6 and he said it would be after Starfield and still many years away.

I remember this comment well because it was flippant as F

Anyway I still think MS paid way too much for Bethesda.

I remember this comment well because it was flippant as F

Anyway I still think MS paid way too much for Bethesda.

I think we're still a ways off of knowing if it was worth it or not. Flagship Bethesda products stopped at "Fallout 4"(well, F76 if you want to include that experimental project). "Starfield", if it's as good as preliminary reports are suggesting, could light the world on fire. And then they have ES6 down the road, which will, at least initially, be the biggest release of that year(barring a GTA6), and likely be a shoe in for GOTY. Then there's "Fallout 5", which will also be huge.

Now, of course they would all have to not shit the bed, but I think it's a safe bet that the purchase will eventually pay off. No less than three GIGANTIC releases on the horizon, all of which are potential "forever" games.

Remember when they released that teaser trailer for E3 5 years ago? It just showed a generic fantasy background thrown together in one minute but people got so excited. It was pretty obvious they had done absolutely nothing up to that point and only made that so people wouldn't get mad the conference ended on a mobile game. It hasn't even left pre-production yet. For all we know they haven't even decided the location to base it in yet.

Anyways I wouldnt expect on seeing Elder Scrolls 7 in our lifetimes. Makes me wish they hadn't gotten so big.

Elder Scrolls 6 release date surfaces in official documents, is much sooner than expected
Recently when speaking in court...Xbox chief Phil Spencer claimed that the release of The Elder Scrolls VI could be another five years away...However, as reported by DSOgaming, in the latest development at the FTC court case, a Microsoft lawyer has claimed that The Elder Scrolls VI will release three years away in 2026.

“Could I clarify one issue that the council raised with you, when you were asking about ZeniMax [Bethesda’s parent company] and asked him to find a game that was most similar to Xbox, he mentioned Elder Scrolls. That is incorrect,” said the lawyer.

They continued: “There are two Elder Scrolls games, one is online called The Elder Scrolls Online — that is a multiplayer game, it is on PlayStation today. The game he’s talking about is The Elder Scrolls VI… the projected release is 2026 as a single-player game. It is not anywhere similar to Call of Duty, which as you know is multiplayer and multi-platform.”
<23>

Kind of weird to see this the week before Starfield drops, but sometimes timing is purely coincidental.

I imagine once Starfield went gold all resources were moved onto TES6. I hope, and I could be wrong, but I hope that BGS has learned a lesson from resting on their laurels and is serious about making TES6 great and playable before the next generation of hardware.

I imagine once Starfield went gold all resources were moved onto TES6. I hope, and I could be wrong, but I hope that BGS has learned a lesson from resting on their laurels and is serious about making TES6 great and playable before the next generation of hardware.
I think we’ll be busy with starfield until elder scrolls 6 comes out. Starfield is sounding absolutely massive the more reviews I see.

Give us new vegas remaster
(even if bethesda didnt make the game lol)

Back