The Fairtex BGV-1 VS. BGV-9 side by side comparison.

Ok Iron wolf... I got a sweet deal on 9s, I hope you aren't lying to me!!!

They really are quite different than the other Fairtex gloves you have used, I think you will like them, My friend tried them out last night and really liked them and he uses reyes usually.

Thanks for the review Ironwolf. I thought I'd add my own pictures as I have both gloves as well. They are 16oz. My BGV1s are from several years ago, while my BGV9s were recently purchased. I box, but have been a fan of fairtex gloves. Before the 9s, I was using ringside sparring IMFs for the bag. Forming a fist and landing on my knuckles is much easier in the 9s than my IMF pair.

I like the versatility of the BGV1s, as I never had a problem sparring with them or hitting the bag. The velcro gave out on them pretty quick (a bit over a year) and digging your fingers back into your palm was a small issue with the 1s lacking a grip bar. I'm hoping my 9's last longer in regards to the velcro.

As others have mentioned, the leather on the 9s seems higher quality than the 1's. It feels good. The black leather inside the palm on my 1s is pretty sweet, though. The inside finger seam/ridge on the 9s may help you form a tighter fist, but it's a little distracting. I can't say I like it, but it's not a huge knock on the glove.

Last edited:
@Ironwolf

How has the color of the BGV1 brown holding up?
Wondering due to you stating they look like they are "painted on"?

Just ordered a pair of Top King Air to use for Sparring and was thinking of getting the BGV1 Classic brown for bag/pad work.

@Ironwolf

How has the color of the BGV1 brown holding up?
Wondering due to you stating they look like they are "painted on"?

Just ordered a pair of Top King Air to use for Sparring and was thinking of getting the BGV1 Classic brown for bag/pad work.

THey have been holding up great, zero issues, I really like them and I get tons of compliments on them whenever I pull them out at the gym.

Thanks for the great review ironwolf. I have had my eye on the bvg-9. I use twin 18 oz for sparring and they are very soft so they are great for that, but I need a glove for bag and pad\mitt. Do these offer great knuckle support? (I am an extreemly hard hitter) better than the bvg-1 at least?

Thanks for the great review ironwolf. I have had my eye on the bvg-9. I use twin 18 oz for sparring and they are very soft so they are great for that, but I need a glove for bag and pad\mitt. Do these offer great knuckle support? (I am an extreemly hard hitter) better than the bvg-1 at least?

The bgv9 has been awesome, the wrist support is good and i was able to train hard while my injury healed up. I have found then to be very protective of the knuckle too. I'm going to get a few more pairs of these when I go to Thailand This winter to train.

These gloves have been awesome, an by far my favorite, I havnt even used a bgv1 in a few months now.

Awsome! I was looking into the bvg 9, tokushu, rival bag gloves, and even Windys' cause there on sale right now. The Tokushu get alot of good feedback here but I am happy with my twins for sparring, as the Tokushu seem to be the best all around glove. I just want to pound the heavy bag (without injury) and work on technique and accuracy with pads/mits. I think your review and feedback is going to get me to pull the trigger on the BVG-9s'. Red or black probably (16 ounce). I'm in California. Any word on the best place to order from?
Thank's again.

I really don't think you will e disappointed with the 9, I love them. I'm living in china so I had to get them sent from Thailand, if you go that route, the guy at muaythaimmashop.com was beyond helpful and the shipping charge was very reasonable all things considered.

muaythaimmashop.com just might be the place to order some gear in the future. MMAIndustries.com has the 9's here in-stock stateside for $ 104.95 (free shipping on all their products) if anyone is interested.

I know I've said it already but the guy from Muay Thai MMA shop is beyond helpful and responds to emails very quickly (just remember theres a time difference). He is an honest guy so you can order with confidence, I have had 2 orders from him with no trouble at all.

For the record, if you talk to him, he can send stuff without invoices and recipts so it can clear customs as a gift or just a personal package. Worked for me 2 times and China is pretty rough about dinging people for spending $$$ outside of the country but both times, its worked.

I cant recommend him highly enough. If you are ordering one pair of gloves it might not be worth it but if you are ordering a few different things, the combined shipping isn't bad at all.

Just looking through what they have, it is very enticing. Thanks for the link and info. I may start a little fund so I can make an order that would justify the shippping.

IW how yellow is the Fairtex yellow? It looks like Canary yellow more so than the Cleto Reyes Sunflower Yellow.

I see the bgv 9 in black and yellow at thaiboxingmall uk. for under 20 pounds and after shiping and all fees comes out to under 43$ US. It seems too cheap to be true and I have heard rumors of Fairtex knockoffs of much less Quality in the UK region. Does anyone know anything about this or have any advice?
Thank you.

I see the bgv 9 in black and yellow at thaiboxingmall uk. for under 20 pounds and after shiping and all fees comes out to under 43$ US. It seems too cheap to be true and I have heard rumors of Fairtex knockoffs of much less Quality in the UK region. Does anyone know anything about this or have any advice?
Thank you.

sounds a bit suspect to me....

IW how yellow is the Fairtex yellow? It looks like Canary yellow more so than the Cleto Reyes Sunflower Yellow.

man, i'm not good at describing colors haha, its a nice yellow, its vivid but not overly bright I guess...

OKay lemme ask you this is it as BRIGHT as it appears on the pics?

OKay lemme ask you this is it as BRIGHT as it appears on the pics?

yeah they are, I just pulled them out and looked at the pic, I feel like the pic is pretty accurate regarding the color.

I just bought the bgv 9 from muathai mma shop. Under 100$ total price but I probably won't get them here in CA until christmas. My 18oz Twins are starting to compress and bottom out on the bag and pads already after only three months of heavy pounding. Has anyone else experienced this with Twins? They are marketed as a training glove but they seem (at least for me) to only last for sparring. Thanks for the experienced input on the bgv 9's Ironwolf.

I just bought the bgv 9 from muathai mma shop. Under 100$ total price but I probably won't get them here in CA until christmas. My 18oz Twins are starting to compress and bottom out on the bag and pads already after only three months of heavy pounding. Has anyone else experienced this with Twins? They are marketed as a training glove but they seem (at least for me) to only last for sparring. Thanks for the experienced input on the bgv 9's Ironwolf.

You will love them!!! Muay Thai mma shop really is a pleasure to deal with.

Back