The fight that defined GSP

and how did GSP look under usada compated to pre usada? Let me remind you

d1c18737149b1c4311bd12ac2f1412bc_crop_exact.jpg

gsp looks almost as bad as granpa ping
He looked a lot better against Bisping than Anderson did despite being retired for 4 years

<36>

Andersons case over gsp is simple, he finished almost every contender and then also finished 3 fighters a weight class over his one being a former world champion. The fact that anderson went up and not only won but completely destroyed guys puts him over georges alone. Let alone the strength of schedule and how much more dangerous his opponents were.

If some of you dont see the merit in fighting dc on a days notice, we will never see eye to eye and thats ok. I find guys who take fights like that are corageous and admirable. Im not saying gsp is not corageous anyone who fights is, but he isnt on anderson fedor and bones' level. The fact that he retired right after hendricks pig rigged him at 70% when he was only 30 is telling about georges knowing he was in over his head and that these next line of contenders were killers.

Andersons case over gsp is simple, he finished almost every contender and then also finished 3 fighters a weight class over his one being a former world champion. The fact that anderson went up and not only won but completely destroyed guys puts him over georges alone. Let alone the strength of schedule and how much more dangerous his opponents were.

If some of you dont see the merit in fighting dc on a days notice, we will never see eye to eye and thats ok. I find guys who take fights like that are corageous and admirable. Im not saying gsp is not courageous anyone who fights is, but he isnt on anderson fedor and bones' level. The fact tgatbhe retired right after hendricks pig rigged him at 70% when he was only 30 is telling about georges knowing he was in over his head and that these next line of contenders were killers.

What’s courageous about Anderson taking a big fight with nothing to lose?

I’ll ask again, why didn’t he fight Jones or Shogun in his prime?

What’s courageous about Anderson taking a big fight with nothing to lose?

I’ll ask again, why didn’t he fight Jones or Shogun in his prime?

Maybe because it was physically imposibble to be everywhere at the same time, ANderson was too busy fighting champions. Plus the only time anybody gave SHogun some chane to beat Anderson was during his war with Machida. After Jones, nobody ever said Shogun should fight Anderson, Jones beat Shogun out of his prime for good.

Hold on man, getting off your couch and in a cage at 42 fighting the 2nd best fighter in the world on 2 days notice isnt courageous?

As for fighting shogun or bones idk. I wanted to see the bones fight too. I think the gsp-anderson was way more important to legacies and public consumption but yeah i am disappointed that fight between bones and andy never happened. I would think bones wins that rather easily, but with anderson you never know. Anderson takes fights against adesanya a

Maybe because it was physically imposibble to be everywhere at the same time, ANderson was too busy fighting champions. Plus the only time anybody gave SHogun some chane to beat Anderson was during his war with Machida. After Jones, nobody ever said Shogun should fight Anderson, Jones beat Shogun out of his prime for good.

Pathetic excuse.

Anderson was bored of his division apparently. People were wanting to see him fight Jones and Shogun in which Anderson ducked blatantly.

Of course he had no issue in fighting DC well past his prime with no record or mystique to defend. DC risked a ton more by accepting a fight with a fighter who had a record of 0-3-1

Perrichet i dont think you are being fair here. The narratives can spin in any direction we point them. Instead of dwelling on the fights that never happened, dive into the ones that did. Tell me one instance georges finished anyone other than aged cocoon level Hughes, lw start of decline penn and matt the terra ble record serra. Ljke i mentioned previously in 100 years from now there just wont be any mention of georges hl's because there quite simply were not any.

Pathetic excuse.

Anderson was bored of his division apparently. People were wanting to see him fight Jones and Shogun in which Anderson ducked blatantly.

Of course he had no issue in fighting DC well past his prime with no record or mystique to defend. DC risked a ton more by accepting a fight with a fighter who had a record of 0-3-1

Anderson exposed DC's soft belly, Stipe took notice of it.

Anderson exposed DC's soft belly, Stipe took notice of it.

I know victories come very short nowadays for Anderson but this is really embarrassing. Well done to Anderson for winning the exposing DC’s soft belly belt

Neither moved up in any capacity that adds to their GOATness.

Anderson at least tried a few times though, as much as I enjoy shitting on him.
GSP cherry picked a meaningless fight.

Anderson gets the nod over GSP here, sorry.

and how did GSP look under usada compated to pre usada? Let me remind you

d1c18737149b1c4311bd12ac2f1412bc_crop_exact.jpg

gsp looks almost as bad as granpa ping

?????? Bad as in destroying the MW champ, knocking him down, landing 20 hellbows and finishing with a slick RNC? You must think extremely highly of GSP if you think that he looked bad.

Would gsp take on romero or.izzy or whittaker.on a days notice? Anderson got up from.his couch at 42 to fight dc to save a card.

Silva on a multiple fights losing skid AND 2 steroids bust accepting to make an exhibition fight against Cormier is NOTHING like GSP accepting to fight these guys when he has EVERYTHING to lose.

Silva had EVERYTHING to gain cause he had lost EVERYTHING by that time.

Tell me how Silva agreed to fight the killers at LHW when he was the MW champ? Irvin, Bonnar, Griffin. All dangerous killers right?

Silva fought bums at LHW. GSP fought the champ on the best win streak of his career, which includes a win over Silva himself.

Try again.

Silva fought bums at LHW. GSP fought the champ on the best win streak of his career, which includes a win over Silva himself.

Try again.

Anderson went up multiple times. Sorta cherry picked opponents, but he had no obligation to move up at all.

GSP did so once, with a weak champ.
No, beating ancient Anderson does not make Bisping a good champ.

Beating Bisping was no better than beating Forrest at the time.

Would you have been happy if GSP fought the equivalent of Irvin and Bonnar at MW? GSP cherry picked the guy who Anderson lost to so I fail to see how Anderson is better off in this

Would you have been happy if GSP fought the equivalent of Irvin and Bonnar at MW? GSP cherry picked the guy who Anderson lost to so I fail to see how Anderson is better off in this

Yes? Again, I don't think it is a big feather in the cap of either guy, but when one moves up regularly, and one doesn't, the advantage goes to the guy who actually tried.

Yes? Again, I don't think it is a big feather in the cap of either guy, but when one moves up regularly, and one doesn't, the advantage goes to the guy who actually tried.

One moves up regularly to fight average fighters impresses you move than one who beat the guy the other one lost to. Right

Anderson went up multiple times. Sorta cherry picked opponents, but he had no obligation to move up at all.

GSP did so once, with a weak champ.
No, beating ancient Anderson does not make Bisping a good champ.

Beating Bisping was no better than beating Forrest at the time.
Silva didn’t cherry pick his LHWs like GSP did vs one eyed 39 year old Bisping. James Irvin confirmed that Rashad, Thiago Silva, Vera, and Jardine ducked Anderson before Irvin finally accepted.

Silva didn’t cherry pick his LHW fights. Numerous top ranked LHWs ducked the GOAT

Silva didn’t cherry pick his LHWs like GSP did vs one eyed 39 year old Bisping. James Irvin confirmed that Rashad, Thiago Silva, Vera, and Jardine ducked Anderson before Irvin finally accepted.

Silva didn’t cherry pick his LHW fights. Numerous top ranked LHWs ducked the GOAT

Anderoid was so scared of fighting GSP, that he (basically) threw a fight with Demian Maia to avoid having to face him in the cage. He ran scared from Maia to avoid it.

Maia, a guy whose best win is over a 5 years past his prime Jon Fitch.

Dana on GSP vs Anderson after the Maia fight @ about 3:20 in:

Daddy Dana took the fight away from him.

<GSPWoah>

Back