News The GOAT has finally returned!!

EsteemedHonorableIchthyostega-max-1mb.gif

Could have thrown a nasty knee here

Pro wrestling in its prime was greater and more popular than MMA has ever been.

Wrestling at its prime was averaging 5 or 6 million every Monday night. And another 4 for WCW. So roughly each Monday, 9 or 10 million eyes were on wrestling.

Let's see mma, even at its best, pull those numbers

Plus back in the 30's to 80's wrestling was as popular nationally as ANY sport. On any given night you could have 10,000 people in an arena in every city in America. Everyone watched it. Not just a niche audience.

Wrestling at its prime was averaging 5 or 6 million every Monday night. And another 4 for WCW. So roughly each Monday, 9 or 10 million eyes were on wrestling.

The UFC is already worth more than the WWE ever was.

Pro wrestling in its prime was greater and more popular than MMA has ever been.

You're actually comparing UFC to Pro Wrestling.. aka the original Dancing With the Stars.

Thats just one company and you're talkin 2021. Apples and oranges. Wrestling in its prime rivaled Major League Baseball the National Football League or any other nationally watched sport. In its prime everyone from 6 year old kids to Grandmas and Grandpas went to the matches. Not just a bunch of tatted up Affliction bros. I love MMA, but its mostly a niche sport, and probably always will be. It'll never rival the popularity wrestling once had.

The UFC is already worth more than the WWE ever was.

You're actually comparing UFC to Pro Wrestling.. aka the original Dancing With the Stars.

Yeah, wrestling is pre determined, but that doesn't mean anything. It still takes a ton of athletic ability and talent.

Thats just one company and you're talkin 2021. Apples and oranges. Wrestling in its prime rivaled Major League Baseball the National Football League or any other nationally watched sport. In its prime everyone from 6 year old kids to Grandmas and Grandpas went to the matches. Not just a bunch of tatted up Affliction bros. I love MMA, but its mostly a niche sport, and probably always will be. It'll never rival the popularity wrestling once had.

I'm not talking 2021. Even in it's prime the WWE/F was never worth as much as the UFC is now.

Yeah, wrestling is pre determined, but that doesn't mean anything. It still takes a ton of athletic ability and talent.

Yes and the most important part is that it isn't a real fight. So let me correct what I said. Pro wrestling = Dancing With the Stars but with predetermined winners each night.

Let me reiterate.. you are comparing real competition/fight vs choreographed gymnasts. Thanks for your input.

Back