THE GOON: Anyone putting their money on Bosse +170? 10-1 with 8 knockouts

Neitzsche

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
[YT]meMdW5OGmf4[/YT]
Steve Bosse is a killer! Over 90 hockey battles on this guys resume. His only loss in MMA came to a heavyweight with severe knockout power and he fights at middleweight! I know it's been two years but I think a good chunk of change could go a long way with Bosse. Thoughts? If you think he can win inside the distance it's +200.
bosse333.jpg

2e0v9dg.gif

bosse-vs-sims-1.jpg

Yes sir, i bet him to win by KO in round 1 at +600...worth a shot

It's been 5 years since his last fight and it's his MW debut (used to fight at LHW). I'm rooting for him but +200 isn't the best bet with that kind of layoff and he's fighting a tough opponent. I'm considering a bet on the fight not going the distance without picking a winner.

It's been 5 years since his last fight and it's his MW debut (used to fight at LHW). I'm rooting for him but +200 isn't the best bet with that kind of layoff and he's fighting a tough opponent. I'm considering a bet on the fight not going the distance without picking a winner.

His last fight was in May of 2013. I know it's 2 years, but still, he trains at Tristar and has been in 97 hockey fights. +600 though for a 1st round KO? I may throw some money at that.

His last fight was in May of 2013. I know it's 2 years, but still, he trains at Tristar and has been in 97 hockey fights. +600 though for a 1st round KO? I may throw some money at that.

Shit, don't know how I missed that. It was nearly 2 years before that fight too. I wouldn't put much on it tbh as Thiago Santos is no joke and it seems the better fighters he's fought made it past the first round. A small play would make the fight more exciting so it depends why you bet i suppose. The general consensus seems to be "someone's going to sleep" so I'm just going with it ending inside the distance.

Good luck if you decide to make a play.

Shit, don't know how I missed that. It was nearly 2 years before that fight too. I wouldn't put much on it tbh as Thiago Santos is no joke and it seems the better fighters he's fought made it past the first round. A small play would make the fight more exciting so it depends why you bet i suppose. The general consensus seems to be "someone's going to sleep" so I'm just going with it ending inside the distance.

Good luck if you decide to make a play.

Thanks I appreciate it, of course their is risk, but he looked great on the weigh ins. We'll see how it goes!

Really looking forward to his fight, but he has a tough matchup in santos

War Bosse! Gotta love a hockey brawler (see username)

But odds aren't good enough with the coming out of retirement essentially

I can't disapprove of anybody who puts money down on Bosse. He's a live dog for sure IMO.

War Bosse! Gotta love a hockey brawler (see username)

But odds aren't good enough with the coming out of retirement essentially
when he decided to retire he didn't sound like someone who wanted to fight. Over the last 5-6 years he has missed alot of time due to injuries he missed out on the fight with Babalu because of them and even his UFC debut. When they first started to take a look at him thay wanted him to fight at MW from the get go but he didn't want to he wanted to stay at LHW. So when I saw he was fighting instead of being excited for it like when he was going to make his original debut I am more like meh and hoping it doesn't end up like his fights with Icho or Thompson.

He already got paid for not fighting earlier in the year! War Bosse. 2 for 1 fighting pay cheques are the way to go.

puncher's chance, but the other guy is a beast with more athleticism...

Bosse has had a hell of a lot more than 90+ documented hockey fights in his life. Hockeyfights.com (where Robin obviously got his info) has less than half of his fights listed that another site like say dropyourgloves.com would have (206 fights listed for him there). Even DYG may be incomplete as it only goes back to the 03-04 season, and odds are pretty good that Bosse played some kind of organized hockey before that whether that be in some low level Junior B league or what have you.

http://dropyourgloves.com/Fights/FightCard.aspx?Player=14897

I used to follow the fights in that Quebec league pretty close back then and Bosse's fights with Mirasty were tremendous. In fact Bosse is about the only guy I've ever seen who routinely got the better of Mirasty with a couple of those being some pretty vicious beatings.

[YT]meMdW5OGmf4[/YT]
Steve Bosse is a killer! Over 90 hockey battles on this guys resume. His only loss in MMA came to a heavyweight with severe knockout power and he fights at middleweight! I know it's been two years but I think a good chunk of change could go a long way with Bosse. Thoughts? If you think he can win inside the distance it's +200.
bosse333.jpg

2e0v9dg.gif

bosse-vs-sims-1.jpg

Santos Via Upset:)

Bosse has had a hell of a lot more than 90+ documented hockey fights in his life. Hockeyfights.com (where Robin obviously got his info) has less than half of his fights listed that another site like say dropyourgloves.com would have (206 fights listed for him there). Even DYG may be incomplete as it only goes back to the 03-04 season, and odds are pretty good that Bosse played some kind of organized hockey before that whether that be in some low level Junior B league or what have you.

http://dropyourgloves.com/Fights/FightCard.aspx?Player=14897

I used to follow the fights in that Quebec league pretty close back then and Bosse's fights with Mirasty were tremendous. In fact Bosse is about the only guy I've ever seen who routinely got the better of Mirasty with a couple of those being some pretty vicious beatings.
the good old goon league all they needed to do was change their name to the Iron League instead of LNAH and have everyone dress like it was the '70s.

Back