The Jake Paul Megathread v2

Buys?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to train with Tate. His unorthodox style worked great with kickboxing. Always has hands down but dictates the range great with kicks.

I think he will still try to fight similar when boxing, but he won't have the kicks to keep Jake away. I have a feeling Jake will end up catching him with a big overhand right :(

It’s a no brainer in more ways than one. Not gonna lie I’m shamefully excited for this one. Mostly because I want to see one of them lose to the other, whichever way round I don’t mind but they’re both annoying with vastly over inflated egos and for each to lose to the other would be embarrassing. I’ve got Jake Paul in this one, probably biased because it causes the most embarrassment to the loser. Derailing the hype train also fine by me! It’s win win for us, lose lose for them apart from a gargantuan payday.

I used to train with Tate. His unorthodox style worked great with kickboxing. Always has hands down but dictates the range great with kicks.

I think he will still try to fight similar when boxing, but he won't have the kicks to keep Jake away. I have a feeling Jake will end up catching him with a big overhand right :(

yes this is how I see it going. It would be a bit stupid of Tate to fight the same, but it’s just whether he can train his muscle memory into an effective boxing defence. It will be hard for him, and is exactly what Paul preys on. Surely Silva’s a better boxer than Tate?

How old's the guy? When was his last fight and has he ever fought in boxing before?

Nice to see the janitor from the Anderson fight getting a shot...

How old's the guy? When was his last fight and has he ever fought in boxing before?
He's 35 but gone are the days that he was training 2 times a day, every day. It seems like he just practices with his brother and cousin now, and occasionally goes to fight gyms.

I don't think he had any boxing fights. Maybe 1 or 2. He's had a few kickboxing fights over the last few years. Not many though. He's main career was over probably 8 or so years ago now. I'm just worried his style won't translate well over to boxing against a young, strong guy who has been training boxing consistently for 3-4 years with high level guys. Everyone hates to admit it, but Jake can box a bit. Obviously he's not world class or anything but he's not as bad as everyone wants him to be. And his fights definitely aren't fixed or fake. You seriously have to be stupid, blind or know nothing about combat sports to think that. Nobody would be saying that if he wasn't a Youtuber/Disney geek

Last edited:
Jake should have this one. The guy actually knows how to box a bit and Tate's kickboxing "world titles" are pretty much Happy Meal titles...

I thought Nate was next but this fight is huge too, could be one of the biggest fights ever actually
Will it?

His Anderson Silva fight flopped badly and he lost money per an interview or podcast after the fight when the numbers where in.

Andrew Tate is kind of a flash in the pan social media shit stirrer, I really doubt he has a diehard viewer base in the hundreds of thousands that will pay decent money for a celebrity boxing bout.

Will it?

His Anderson Silva fight flopped badly and he lost money per an interview or podcast after the fight when the numbers where in.

Andrew Tate is kind of a flash in the pan social media shit stirrer, I really doubt he has a diehard viewer base in the hundreds of thousands that will pay decent money for a celebrity boxing bout.
Anderson didn't talk trash but Tate would promote the fight for sure, I think you are underestimating Tate's fan base and reach, it's huge and he is probably the biggest social media celeb at the moment

Anderson didn't talk trash but Tate would promote the fight for sure, I think you are underestimating Tate's fan base and reach, it's huge and he is probably the biggest social media celeb at the moment
Maybe, I definitely am not plugged into that world.
Is there loyalty and follow thru there though?

I also feel like the Jake Paul vs famous old guy scam is getting old and people are losing interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back