The Jake Paul Megathread v2

Buys?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this mean? What pedigree?

Your relatives being good boxers doesn't mean you're good too.
This is true. It may make him a better trainer or commentator or just more knowledgeable on the sport, but I dont see any indication from his last fight that he has any of the polish or abilities of somebody who was born and bred to do this.

I hope the kid proves me wrong. Seems like a super nice & humble guy despite being a TV star, coming from a nuts family, & being privileged in a lot of areas.

That recent fight was my first time seeing him. He looked pretty bad.

Is he usually better than that, is there any truth to him looking bummish as bait for the Jake Paul fight?

he’s not very good. If he’s making good money in this fight, this is where he should cash out. He may have carried his last opponent a little. It would make sense tbh, considering a potential ppv fight, but who knows. He looked as bad in his previous fight

I still expect him to flatten Jake fairly easily. Tommy is a lot bigger than Jakes previous opponents, and he hits pretty hard.

Yeah ok. Tell that too Canelo, Floyd, Callum Smith, Hughie Fury, Mikey Garcia, Brandon Figueroa… and probably a hundred other world class fighters.
Try saying "whatever you think about their skills" in refence to those fighters.

Saying his last name is Fury so therefore he'll win is 0 IQ stuff when he has already had fights for us to look at and judge. His actual boxing should be the basis of analysis, not your analysis that "oh yeah he's not skilled but he IS related to some people who ARE skilled!".

What does this mean? What pedigree?

Your relatives being good boxers doesn't mean you're good too.

Indeed! I think with fury though there is a bit more too it. The traveller background and literally all of his close family are involved in the sport. Youd expect that he’s been fighting his whole life, and have a fighters mentality, which you can’t teach.

in reality he’s no different to Jake though. He’s a social media/reality TV star playing at boxing.

Going Furry by decision. Props to Jake for taking a legit match. Funny thing is, this is Furry’s first legit fight as well.

Fury will win with ease. Lol Paul was gassed after 3 rounds throwing nothing and not getting hit with anything. Fury will just have to pressure him a bit and he will fall over by himself.

He should have waited for Silva to beat Tito and called him out. But maybe Jake's camp think Silva might be too much..
Could be Andy may be too much of a step up, but by running the Fury fight you can help create a new star (buy one get one for free). Andy is at the twilight of his career and has likely reached peak star potential, not much road mileage left plus his promo work would not be very good. Fury is very popular in the UK, his brother is Tyson, comes from a legendary family, young, undefeated boxer, and just needs to be introduced to the American public. If he loses, the Paul train continues and people cant say "he is only fighting old MMA fighters"

He should have waited for Silva to beat Tito and called him out. But maybe Jake's camp think Silva might be too much..
silva is absolutely too much.

fury has a catalog of reality tv clips to pull from and market to the teenagers. i think this is a perfect fight for both of them.

Going Furry by decision. Props to Jake for taking a legit match. Funny thing is, this is Fury’s first legit fight as well.
Nah way, I bet a few of Fury opponents beat Jake. He fought actual pro boxers before, something Jake never has. Just look how terrible Jake looked vs T Wood, who was a legit wrestler that could not box to save his life.

Going Furry by decision. Props to Jake for taking a legit match. Funny thing is, this is Furry’s first legit fight as well.

There’s nothing legit about this. Most of the cans he’s beaten are better and more proven than Jake

If this actually happens, I can safely say I’ll start to have a little respect for Jake Paul now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back